Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Chinese backed tech company WLB in Singapore (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/14169-chinese-backed-tech-company-wlb-singapore.html)

theRealHentie 17-10-2021 10:03 AM

Chinese backed tech company WLB in Singapore

We all know 996 is a real deal in China, but I am not sure to what extent this toxic work culture is in Singapore.

Shopee, SEA are strongly backed by China tech giant Tencent iirc. We also have Ant Group and Bytedance hiring locally.

If you are a Programmer/SWE working in one of these companies, what is your experience of WLB? Are you expected to 996?

Also, wondering what the base pay, and what the RSU/Bonus package is, if you are willing to share (Along with your relevant YOE).

Unregistered 17-10-2021 11:04 AM

What is your current salary then? You ask for something but you share nothing

Unregistered 17-10-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186747)
What is your current salary then? You ask for something but you share nothing

I don't think the logic is right, I am happy to share if someone asked, but by asking a question no one should expects you to pour everything out first.

But since you asked, I get 5.4 base 0 YOE at a US tech MNC.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 12:02 PM

Why not login to your account and post where you work at and ur last drawn salary so that I can check if that's really you or some other nolife nerd pretending to be TS.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 12:17 PM

Funny how no one is answering OP's question.
996 is real in China tech films even in SG. I feel like I might die anytime cuz of burnout. Might quit soon.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theRealHentie (Post 186744)
We all know 996 is a real deal in China, but I am not sure to what extent this toxic work culture is in Singapore.

Shopee, SEA are strongly backed by China tech giant Tencent iirc. We also have Ant Group and Bytedance hiring locally.

If you are a Programmer/SWE working in one of these companies, what is your experience of WLB? Are you expected to 996?

Also, wondering what the base pay, and what the RSU/Bonus package is, if you are willing to share (Along with your relevant YOE).

Shopee is terrible. Only foreigners should work there.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 12:41 PM

You can easily earn more than 5.4 at shopee or bytedance. Base 6k to 7.5k base. Rsu will be 0 if your interview performance is average. 10k per year if it is good. Bonus 10% to 15%.

996 is real cause of peer pressure.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 01:11 PM

The idea of 996 is just horrible and should be made illegal, if it isn’t already is.

965 is the maximum anyone should be working.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 01:50 PM

It is very common in bigtech as well especially someone in the high rank like principal engineer. They work like 12 to 14 hours a day and I can see them online on weekends. But their pay is like 500k+ a year.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 01:59 PM

Join civil service or statboard if you just want a 9 to 5 job. But you need to be aware that their total comp is lower as well, which reflects the jiak liao bee workload.