Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Chinese backed tech company WLB in Singapore (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/14169-chinese-backed-tech-company-wlb-singapore.html)

Unregistered 17-10-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186766)
Join civil service or statboard if you just want a 9 to 5 job. But you need to be aware that their total comp is lower as well, which reflects the jiak liao bee workload.

most govt jobs are actually 830-6, or 9-630 lol

Unregistered 17-10-2021 02:24 PM

I dont work 996, but for those who do, do you think its worth it?
You are working more hours to get higher pay, how is the actual pay if you consider it as per hour?

I honestly think 965 of a decently paid job is good enough, spend the rest of the time on business ideas and projects, that might pay off way better.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186756)
You can easily earn more than 5.4 at shopee or bytedance. Base 6k to 7.5k base. Rsu will be 0 if your interview performance is average. 10k per year if it is good. Bonus 10% to 15%.

996 is real cause of peer pressure.

What do you mean by 10% to 15% bonus? Is it 10% to 15% of annual total salary?

Unregistered 17-10-2021 04:13 PM

So can anyone answer my question? Why so many Unregistered losers talking?

I forgot my password so can't login right now

theRealHentie 17-10-2021 05:48 PM

^ I did post #3 but I did not post #14, this nerd should get a life.
But I would really appreciate if I can get more relevant answers to the topic. If you have worked in a company with good WLB and decent pay, what is it and would you recommend it?

kim1995 17-10-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theRealHentie (Post 186744)
We all know 996 is a real deal in China, but I am not sure to what extent this toxic work culture is in Singapore.

Shopee, SEA are strongly backed by China tech giant Tencent iirc. We also have Ant Group and Bytedance hiring locally.

If you are a Programmer/SWE working in one of these companies, what is your experience of WLB? Are you expected to 996?

Also, wondering what the base pay, and what the RSU/Bonus package is, if you are willing to share (Along with your relevant YOE).

Hey man, I don't work in these companies but I have friends who do, if you don't mind, I'll share their experiences with you.

The 996 culture isn't true for Singapore, yes I know people at shopee OT a lot, some even come on Weekends but it's not a MUST. That needs to be cleared up...

As for the pay, Bytedance pays above 6k with 0 YOE. It's true, I have a NTU grad friend who got it. For Shopee it depends, not all SWE get 6k or above 5k. I have heard of people getting 4.5k.

Sorry I can't give you any more info than that, none of my friends will share their TC, only their base pay with me...

So yeah if you have the chance, go for Bytedance definitely. The pay is amazing, WLB is not that awful tbh, I'd say it's similar to DBS. ( Some OT, etc )

Unregistered 17-10-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186765)
It is very common in bigtech as well especially someone in the high rank like principal engineer. They work like 12 to 14 hours a day and I can see them online on weekends. But their pay is like 500k+ a year.

The pay sounds awesome but 12 hours a day is a red flag major no no.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 07:14 PM

Even if u want it, they are most likely not want to hire u lol. At that level, you have a lot of options, people will call you left and right.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kim1995 (Post 186796)
Hey man, I don't work in these companies but I have friends who do, if you don't mind, I'll share their experiences with you.

The 996 culture isn't true for Singapore, yes I know people at shopee OT a lot, some even come on Weekends but it's not a MUST. That needs to be cleared up...

As for the pay, Bytedance pays above 6k with 0 YOE. It's true, I have a NTU grad friend who got it. For Shopee it depends, not all SWE get 6k or above 5k. I have heard of people getting 4.5k.

Sorry I can't give you any more info than that, none of my friends will share their TC, only their base pay with me...

So yeah if you have the chance, go for Bytedance definitely. The pay is amazing, WLB is not that awful tbh, I'd say it's similar to DBS. ( Some OT, etc )

ByteDance pay is high or low 6k?

Unregistered 17-10-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186811)
ByteDance pay is high or low 6k?

Have heard of 6.8k thereabout