Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Chinese backed tech company WLB in Singapore (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/14169-chinese-backed-tech-company-wlb-singapore.html)

Unregistered 31-12-2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195977)
ah tiong means mother
bu means fat

mother + fat = fat mother ?

u ok ? fail math is it ?

fat mother & mother fat same same i guess

Unregistered 24-01-2022 09:47 AM

Any idea when will Bytedance inform result after first technical interview?

Unregistered 07-04-2022 08:37 PM

Less than a week

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199245)
Any idea when will Bytedance inform result after first technical interview?

Less than a week in my case

Unregistered 07-04-2022 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186749)
I don't think the logic is right, I am happy to share if someone asked, but by asking a question no one should expects you to pour everything out first.

But since you asked, I get 5.4 base 0 YOE at a US tech MNC.

that is shockingly low, even new grads in tech earn more than that... can u share if the tech mnc is really in tech, or really in another business. e.g. visa is not tech, neither is flex, grab, applied materials, raytheon or illumina

Unregistered 07-04-2022 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212889)
that is shockingly low, even new grads in tech earn more than that... can u share if the tech mnc is really in tech, or really in another business. e.g. visa is not tech, neither is flex, grab, applied materials, raytheon or illumina

you think 5k+ is low?

bro wait till you see all the retards in ST engineering, ncs, dxc technology, accenture, autodesk, paypal CLT programme, visa, hewlett packard enterprise, and many more.

all earning less than 5k as fresh grads lol, some worse, st engineering 3.6-3.8k for the really cmi ones.

Unregistered 07-04-2022 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kim1995 (Post 186796)
Hey man, I don't work in these companies but I have friends who do, if you don't mind, I'll share their experiences with you.

The 996 culture isn't true for Singapore, yes I know people at shopee OT a lot, some even come on Weekends but it's not a MUST. That needs to be cleared up...

As for the pay, Bytedance pays above 6k with 0 YOE. It's true, I have a NTU grad friend who got it. For Shopee it depends, not all SWE get 6k or above 5k. I have heard of people getting 4.5k.

Sorry I can't give you any more info than that, none of my friends will share their TC, only their base pay with me...

So yeah if you have the chance, go for Bytedance definitely. The pay is amazing, WLB is not that awful tbh, I'd say it's similar to DBS. ( Some OT, etc )

tech salaries are highly "subsidised" indirectly in singapore

during the biotech boom, all the money on the order of tens of billions went to biotech (with nothing to show for in the R&D area)

(ever wonder why it was a desert for tech in singapore during biotech boom but suddenly become such a hot area in so short a time?)

now that we have given up on biotech, the money is now thrown at the tech sector
which is why salary is high even when you're working as a low lvl code monkey in a us tech mnc which can be done easily in india (maybe used to be done there for cheaper better faster) and nothing strategic for the company

the only companies that gain real advantages operating here are the chinese companies who want to be close to the market (asean), and do not face hiring restrictions

other countries' tech mncs have no benefits except taxes

Unregistered 07-04-2022 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212891)
you think 5k+ is low?

bro wait till you see all the retards in ST engineering, ncs, dxc technology, accenture, autodesk, paypal CLT programme, visa, hewlett packard enterprise, and many more.

all earning less than 5k as fresh grads lol, some worse, st engineering 3.6-3.8k for the really cmi ones.

state media is publishing news every week that CS earn sky high salaries, singapore tech pivot is huge freakin success, so that if u dun move up to 10k after a few years as swe, u're mediocre

heck, even if you earn 400k a yr, it's still peanuts with no dignity

why bother selectively listing out these companies and omitting the high paying companies?

visa definitely pay more than 5k, they're already doing that 10 yrs ago for fresh grads LOL... unless they're now only doing low lvl unskilled jobs

Unregistered 07-04-2022 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212891)
you think 5k+ is low?

Yup exactly.

These retards hear about 1-2 people out of 200+ getting a 8k job straight out of uni and immediately think that it's the norm. Lmfao.

Unregistered 07-04-2022 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212889)

5.4k base in a us tech is low? har ?

stock options ? rsu ? sign on bonus ?

hello ? heard of TC ? or u one of them boomers who only look at base lolz

Unregistered 07-04-2022 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212917)
Yup exactly.

These retards hear about 1-2 people out of 200+ getting a 8k job straight out of uni and immediately think that it's the norm. Lmfao.

sour grapes spotted

just becos u're mediocre doesn't mean most people are

6k for tech fresh grad is standard

even micron is offering 5.4k