Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   share your instant death at interview stories (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1404-share-your-instant-death-interview-stories.html)

miwashi 09-09-2011 10:37 AM

share more please!

Hermit 09-09-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 15506)
Mine is not really an interview per se

I am Mech Engineering grad from NUS.

I was searching for jobs many years back but to no avail so i was very sian.

And so i send in my CV to Tan Tock Seng Hospital to apply for a medical doctor job.

Surprisingly they replied saying i did not meet their criteria..i had a good laugh...ha

Great post !

*Like* :)

Hermit 09-09-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 15052)
Sometimes the "instant death" is not a fault of yours but the interviewer(s) as well. I went for 1 interview where I could clearly feel that they are not interested in me. How I know? Because they talked more than me, and I was not given a chance to complete my sentences until they cut in. Which makes me wonder why they called me in the first place.

Most times it is the fault of the interviewer.

Recruiter skills in Singapore are sub-standard.

That is the honest truth.

Unregistered 12-09-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermit (Post 16150)
Most times it is the fault of the interviewer.

Recruiter skills in Singapore are sub-standard.

That is the honest truth.

Vp: good morning.
Me: good afternoon. (it was after lunch)
Silence...
Vp: thanks for joining this recruitment procedure. Before we start I would like to state that the offered salary for the position you applying is 1800. You have any remark for this? (he is looking at the expected salary I've written.... 3000)
Silence.......

Manager: I am impressed with your resume but your expected salary is higher than 20% of your last drawn salary.
Me: I believe I deserved the amount of.... Hence the market in this line out there suggesting higher than this but I am serious with this recruitment. I willing to lower to this amount.
Manager.........silence.
Me... In fact the number are plug from the sky.

Director: plz state your expected salary. It was left blank...
Me: sir, I believe that such a high reputation company of yours should have a standard payscale for people have similar experience. I believe quality is your priority. Small extra amount each month for a mass return should be your drive force of your company achievement today right?
Director: lol
Me: cunning smile
I was recruited. Avg 6k after 5 years.

Unregistered 15-05-2019 03:12 PM

Hey guys, anyone had a good cop bad cop interview experience before?

Unregistered 17-05-2019 01:02 AM

Wow this thread title sounds like it has great potential for entertainment/ learning. Please share! I personally have had interviews that died but it had to do with a mismatch of both parties expectations...nothing entertaining enough to warrant the trouble of typing out.

Unregistered 17-05-2019 09:43 AM

One interview I went to asked me about teamwork and performance management between team mates.

I already got a offer from another company by then. So I went on to tell a story about how I coordinate with my team-mates in DOTA 2 to raid the opposition base and won the game.

Surprisingly, they called me back for a 2nd interview!

Unregistered 17-05-2019 10:21 AM

Anyone had an interview where the interviews grill you and see if you get rattled
Thought it was a flop but in the end got the job?

Unregistered 17-05-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118906)
Anyone had an interview where the interviews grill you and see if you get rattled
Thought it was a flop but in the end got the job?

I recently had a job interview which i thought i did badly, but in the end got the job offer. Is it advisable to accept the offer?

Unregistered 17-05-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118911)
I recently had a job interview which i thought i did badly, but in the end got the job offer. Is it advisable to accept the offer?

Hey could you share more details?
Why did you think it was bad? For example, it appeared as if the interviewer didn’t like you or he/she cut short the interview?

So we can better understand your situation and advise you