Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Putting company name in resume (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/14012-putting-company-name-resume.html)

confusedperson5 21-08-2021 12:01 AM

Putting company name in resume

One of the common arrangements in the working industry is that a person is an employee of agency company A and works for client company B.

I noticed that many people put the client company's name in their resume's employment history instead of the agency company.

Also, some people also put the parent company's name in their resume's employment history when they are actually working under the subsidiary company.

Is there flexibility to do so?

Unregistered 21-08-2021 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by confusedperson5 (Post 180624)
One of the common arrangements in the working industry is that a person is an employee of agency company A and works for client company B.

I noticed that many people put the client company's name in their resume's employment history instead of the agency company.

Also, some people also put the parent company's name in their resume's employment history when they are actually working under the subsidiary company.

Its frowned upon ' try to be as trabsparent as possible on your resume. Will definitely leave a bad taste in hiring managers mouth if they have to dig it out of you.

Unregistered 21-08-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

So many people like to flaunt. Just look at those exchange students, 1 term in overseas they just claim their degree from there. LOL

Unregistered 21-08-2021 09:13 PM

Quote:

I don't know what does client / agency company means but parent company's name instead of the actual company that they're working in?

That's stupid as **** and a huge red flag for HR...

Unregistered 22-08-2021 02:25 PM

If you are under A payroll but working in B, of cause put B in resume la.

What they want to know is your exposure and exp in B duh.

Nothing to hide, just be upfront and put “contract” beside B or when they ask in meeting.

sinkingfeeling 22-08-2021 10:33 PM

I make it clear to all prospective employers that I am lousy enough that I had to resort to getting jobs through a recruitment agency :(

Unregistered 22-08-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180807)
If you are under A payroll but working in B, of cause put B in resume la.

What they want to know is your exposure and exp in B duh.

Nothing to hide, just be upfront and put “contract” beside B or when they ask in meeting.

Yes loser just say you are loser

Unregistered 24-08-2021 05:15 PM

Jiak ba liao u all, this type of thing also want to debate. Most of the time, we also interview the candidate before agency onboard.

Unregistered 24-08-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181076)
Jiak ba liao u all, this type of thing also want to debate. Most of the time, we also interview the candidate before agency onboard.

What you talking talk what talk, talk what

Unregistered 24-08-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 180857)
I make it clear to all prospective employers that I am lousy enough that I had to resort to getting jobs through a recruitment agency :(

What are you talking about LOL

If you worked at Uniqlo and went through RecruitExpress, you would put Uniqlo right? why the F would you ever put "RecruitExpress" in your Resume... WTF??

put the company name of the company u work at... how hard is this?

gg...........