Private Banking Salaries - Page 7 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Private Banking Salaries

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
haha everyone here is full of ****.

Private bankers don't earn on comm or products. their spread is so little that it is ridiculous. For example, priority/premier banking platforms charge 3-5% on funds,1-2percent on bonds. Private banks only charge 0.25%. why? because they make money based on AUM and Volume la!

Private bankers only do one thing; BRING IN AUM.

and obviously if you are 20 something or even in your 30s, you are not going to be a private banker. WHICH multimillionaire will want to take advice from a young punk? go think la!


maybe after you slog like a dog as an Associate RM for 8 years or you work on a Private Client, HNW platform then maybe you can even dream of being a private banker.


and BTW, its bullshit that private bankers earn the most among bankers. ive seen Citigold Private client and Citigold RMs earn more then private bankers, simply because they get commission.
Enlightening info. Btw, I'm curious to know what are the position and job scope of those cxtxbank staff at front desk wearing uniform? Do they get paid alot?

Reply With Quote
  #62 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
Enlightening info. Btw, I'm curious to know what are the position and job scope of those cxtxbank staff at front desk wearing uniform? Do they get paid alot?

those are customer service officers, different. RMs and personal bankers dont wear uniform.

Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
those are customer service officers, different. RMs and personal bankers dont wear uniform.
Any idea the salary range?

Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Around 4-5k, usually front line service staff not paid very well in banks.
Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Around 4-5k, usually front line service staff not paid very well in banks.
less. about 2.5
Reply With Quote
  #66 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

To clear up doubts, if you want to earn big in banks, do sales.

The normal operation staffs don't earn much. Frontdesk tellers pay starts at about 2k for diploma, the most senior i've seen is about 4k but she's near her fifties.

As a equity researcher responsible for generating reports for clients, i draw a fixed salary that is 'on-par' with my peers in civil service. Why i say 'on-par' is because you have to factor in the extra time put in. Most of the fixed salary in banks are paid 'competitively' to singapore market rates (pegged to the salaries of civil servant, the benchmark of salary)

Many of the people are just plain trolls. Bankers are like property agents, few make it big, many fail miserably. For private bankers you get money as you close. The record holders draws few millions per annum. But there isn't alot.

Private bankers are not rich. There is a saying internally that it's a irony that we take care of client's money but do not know how to take care of our own. Many people have died in banking industry due to their unrealistic lifestyles.

Was curious about this topic, entered this thread, only to find plenty of trolls lying around.

Source: I work in a bank.
Reply With Quote

  #67 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To clear up doubts, if you want to earn big in banks, do sales.

The normal operation staffs don't earn much. Frontdesk tellers pay starts at about 2k for diploma, the most senior i've seen is about 4k but she's near her fifties.

As a equity researcher responsible for generating reports for clients, i draw a fixed salary that is 'on-par' with my peers in civil service. Why i say 'on-par' is because you have to factor in the extra time put in. Most of the fixed salary in banks are paid 'competitively' to singapore market rates (pegged to the salaries of civil servant, the benchmark of salary)

Many of the people are just plain trolls. Bankers are like property agents, few make it big, many fail miserably. For private bankers you get money as you close. The record holders draws few millions per annum. But there isn't alot.

Private bankers are not rich. There is a saying internally that it's a irony that we take care of client's money but do not know how to take care of our own. Many people have died in banking industry due to their unrealistic lifestyles.

Was curious about this topic, entered this thread, only to find plenty of trolls lying around.

Source: I work in a bank.
Are you working in the cxtxbank ? I hear they are the lowest paid
Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To clear up doubts, if you want to earn big in banks, do sales.

The normal operation staffs don't earn much. Frontdesk tellers pay starts at about 2k for diploma, the most senior i've seen is about 4k but she's near her fifties.

As a equity researcher responsible for generating reports for clients, i draw a fixed salary that is 'on-par' with my peers in civil service. Why i say 'on-par' is because you have to factor in the extra time put in. Most of the fixed salary in banks are paid 'competitively' to singapore market rates (pegged to the salaries of civil servant, the benchmark of salary)

Many of the people are just plain trolls. Bankers are like property agents, few make it big, many fail miserably. For private bankers you get money as you close. The record holders draws few millions per annum. But there isn't alot.

Private bankers are not rich. There is a saying internally that it's a irony that we take care of client's money but do not know how to take care of our own. Many people have died in banking industry due to their unrealistic lifestyles.

Was curious about this topic, entered this thread, only to find plenty of trolls lying around.

Source: I work in a bank.
Well I worked in a bank before, and in tech and ops. I made 150k doing random analyst kind of work (called "business architect"), while my indian boss made 200k+. The tech PMs all made close to 200k.
Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To clear up doubts, if you want to earn big in banks, do sales.

The normal operation staffs don't earn much. Frontdesk tellers pay starts at about 2k for diploma, the most senior i've seen is about 4k but she's near her fifties.

As a equity researcher responsible for generating reports for clients, i draw a fixed salary that is 'on-par' with my peers in civil service. Why i say 'on-par' is because you have to factor in the extra time put in. Most of the fixed salary in banks are paid 'competitively' to singapore market rates (pegged to the salaries of civil servant, the benchmark of salary)

Many of the people are just plain trolls. Bankers are like property agents, few make it big, many fail miserably. For private bankers you get money as you close. The record holders draws few millions per annum. But there isn't alot.

Private bankers are not rich. There is a saying internally that it's a irony that we take care of client's money but do not know how to take care of our own. Many people have died in banking industry due to their unrealistic lifestyles.

Was curious about this topic, entered this thread, only to find plenty of trolls lying around.

Source: I work in a bank.
Hi, don't mind sharing how much are you making right now when you say you're just "on par" with civil sector?
Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)  
Old 14-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
haha everyone here is full of ****.

Private bankers don't earn on comm or products. their spread is so little that it is ridiculous. For example, priority/premier banking platforms charge 3-5% on funds,1-2percent on bonds. Private banks only charge 0.25%. why? because they make money based on AUM and Volume la!

Private bankers only do one thing; BRING IN AUM.

and obviously if you are 20 something or even in your 30s, you are not going to be a private banker. WHICH multimillionaire will want to take advice from a young punk? go think la!


maybe after you slog like a dog as an Associate RM for 8 years or you work on a Private Client, HNW platform then maybe you can even dream of being a private banker.


and BTW, its bullshit that private bankers earn the most among bankers. ive seen Citigold Private client and Citigold RMs earn more then private bankers, simply because they get commission.
Comms no, I agree but most private banks do calculate product sales as part of the target RoA though. AuM by itself doesn't generate money, particularly if most fees(safekeeping etc) is ususally waived.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Private Banking Client Services Manager Just another banker Income and Jobs 8 17-05-2019 10:23 PM
Salaries of Professors Salary.sg Income and Jobs 13 07-05-2019 01:54 PM
Mid-Market Corporate Finance Salaries keynesian slave Income and Jobs 0 23-06-2010 03:47 PM
Managers and Professionals - are your Salaries above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 27 11-12-2008 09:45 AM
Managers Command High Salaries Salary.sg Income and Jobs 12 07-05-2008 03:56 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 8,035 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,467 Replies, 841,440 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,747 Replies, 1,155,856 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,342 Replies, 481,672 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,393 Replies, 4,668,635 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,606 Replies, 677,189 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
213 Replies, 269,633 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
303 Replies, 125,798 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,194 Replies, 913,599 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 966 Views
Dilemma - SAP or Data analytics?
2 Replies, 253 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
264 Replies, 185,664 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,522 Replies, 1,624,811 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
100 Replies, 60,533 Views
fresh grad seeking a career,but no... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 11,564 Views
working under singhealth ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 13,632 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 42,359 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,531 Replies, 1,497,993 Views
How much savings do you have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,247 Replies, 481,050 Views
Salary for engineer at Singapore...
9 Replies, 9,449 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
718 Replies, 359,881 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
814 Replies, 614,412 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,553 Replies, 410,724 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 54,278 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 221,255 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
704 Replies, 681,165 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 54,804 Views
DBS BANK Interview replies ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 235,559 Views
SMU Accountancy vs SUTD ISTD
6 Replies, 2,906 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,746 Replies, 3,417,404 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2