Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   First job advice needed (Accounting student) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13795-first-job-advice-needed-accounting-student.html)

localacctundergrad 03-07-2021 08:30 PM

First job advice needed (Accounting student)
 
Hi all, final year student from one of the local uni acct programs. Currently FCH.

Internship experiences include a Risk advisory stint at a Big 4. Think internal audit and enterprise risk mgmt implementation. Not rly a fan of Big 4 cos of the long hours and low starting pay but all my peers, bc of old mindset reasons, want to go b4 so i do feel a bit of peer pressure there.

Should i go for big 4 again or MNCs/Banks as my first job? For MNCs, I am looking more at Management Associate Programmes and for Banks, I am looking at Risk Management/Compliance roles. Also, how difficult is it to get those roles?

Thanks all

Unregistered 03-07-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by localacctundergrad (Post 176573)
Hi all, final year student from one of the local uni acct programs. Currently FCH.

Internship experiences include a Risk advisory stint at a Big 4. Think internal audit and enterprise risk mgmt implementation. Not rly a fan of Big 4 cos of the long hours and low starting pay but all my peers, bc of old mindset reasons, want to go b4 so i do feel a bit of peer pressure there.

Should i go for big 4 again or MNCs/Banks as my first job? For MNCs, I am looking more at Management Associate Programmes and for Banks, I am looking at Risk Management/Compliance roles. Also, how difficult is it to get those roles?

Thanks all

Big 4 is **** pay for long hours. Go for MA programs, FCH should be easy to get interviews.

Hardworking 03-07-2021 09:41 PM

Banks and MNC MA Programme trump big4 any time

Unregistered 03-07-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by localacctundergrad (Post 176573)
Hi all, final year student from one of the local uni acct programs. Currently FCH.

Internship experiences include a Risk advisory stint at a Big 4. Think internal audit and enterprise risk mgmt implementation. Not rly a fan of Big 4 cos of the long hours and low starting pay but all my peers, bc of old mindset reasons, want to go b4 so i do feel a bit of peer pressure there.

Should i go for big 4 again or MNCs/Banks as my first job? For MNCs, I am looking more at Management Associate Programmes and for Banks, I am looking at Risk Management/Compliance roles. Also, how difficult is it to get those roles?

Thanks all

i recommend u go for GrabFood Food Delivery Graduate Programme
or Tray Returning Ambassador Management Associate
or Temperature Screener (Risk Management)

Unregistered 03-07-2021 09:42 PM

oh ya u can also go for Safe Distancing Officer (Compliance)

Unregistered 03-07-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardworking (Post 176578)
Banks and MNC MA Programme trump big4 any time

^this

Doesnít matter which function. And itís arguably better than their consulting/TAS arms too. With the only exceptions being their strat arms (MD, S& etc)

Unregistered 04-07-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardworking (Post 176578)
Banks and MNC MA Programme trump big4 any time

Agree with this as well. Go for banks or MNC MA - much better prospects for you and treated less disposable.

Unregistered 04-07-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176629)
Agree with this as well. Go for banks or MNC MA - much better prospects for you and treated less disposable.

This is true, I can third.

Good exit opps too, esp when you're an MA

Unregistered 04-07-2021 12:59 PM

do you really need 3 people to say i agree?

**** urselves

Unregistered 04-07-2021 01:38 PM

sour grape loser. haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176579)
i recommend u go for GrabFood Food Delivery Graduate Programme
or Tray Returning Ambassador Management Associate
or Temperature Screener (Risk Management)



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2