Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banking Tech vs Consulting (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13758-banking-tech-vs-consulting.html)

Unregistered 18-06-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174696)

Strategy consulting will probably survive. Snake oil or not, C-suites dig it. Almost (if not all) the mergers / carve outs u see on Financial Times probably has a consulting team on it. However, the landscape, where they play, and margins may change.

Lame. Every M&A RTO buyout restructure etc has auditors lawyers and investment bankers on it too. Fact of the matter is that out of all the professional services, consulting brings the least actual value to anything.

Unregistered 19-06-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174717)
Lame. Every M&A RTO buyout restructure etc has auditors lawyers and investment bankers on it too. Fact of the matter is that out of all the professional services, consulting brings the least actual value to anything.

But who is brought in to recommend the m&a first?

Unregistered 19-06-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174717)
Lame. Every M&A RTO buyout restructure etc has auditors lawyers and investment bankers on it too. Fact of the matter is that out of all the professional services, consulting brings the least actual value to anything.

Value is subjective. Seems like management feels differently from you to be paying consultants then. Maybe they aren't as operationally savvy as you though :)

Unregistered 19-06-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174756)
Value is subjective. Seems like management feels differently from you to be paying consultants then. Maybe they aren't as operationally savvy as you though :)

Hahaha 'value is subjective" is the biggest crock of bull ive heard and is very much on brand with consulting in general.

In the same way missionaries go about telling people that they can't see, hear or feel god, but trust us, he exists!

Unregistered 19-06-2021 01:27 PM

Bottom line, if you are a fresh grad and have offers from MBB/Tier 2 (OW, Kearney, S&). you take it 99% of the time. Regardless of your major (simply because there is very little jobs out there offering the same pay/branding/exit opportunities at the start of your career).

Anything other than that becomes subjective. E.g. your acn/big 4/mid-tier strat firms.

Unregistered 19-06-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174769)
Hahaha 'value is subjective" is the biggest crock of bull ive heard and is very much on brand with consulting in general.

In the same way missionaries go about telling people that they can't see, hear or feel god, but trust us, he exists!

And there you go - thanks for this. Look at how powerful religious organisations are in today's world.

If selling a "crock of bull" enables me to be successful to such an extent, just like these religious organisations, i'm down for it.

Value is subjective, in the sense that you don't seem to appreciate the industry while CEOs around the world do. Like I said, maybe you are just more operationally savvy and gifted than these corporate leaders who don't know what they are doing.

Unregistered 20-06-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megalomaniac (Post 174492)
Really appreciate the inputs everyone! I've decided to go into banking tech as I'll be working on cloud infrastructure - hopefully avoiding having to deal with legacy systems. Like many have pointed out, I probably don't want to contend with the poor WLB associated with the higher pay, plus I think there's value in gaining more technical experience earlier in my career.

DBS? 10 char

Unregistered 21-06-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174910)
DBS? 10 char

OP better go fix the double charging issue. Sibei dulan. Asia's best bank my foot.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2