Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banking Tech vs Consulting (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13758-banking-tech-vs-consulting.html)

Unregistered 14-06-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megalomaniac (Post 174101)
I see. Don't want to mention the name of the firm directly, but similar peers would be RB, ADL, LEK, and Simon-Kucher.

OW? Dont need act so high and mighty, people trying to help you here. More info the more they can help you make an informed decision.

Unregistered 14-06-2021 03:23 PM

Most likely TS gotten an offer from DBS and Accenture.

And accenture one probably not in real 'strategy'. You are better off choosing DBS.

megalomaniac 14-06-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174103)
OW? Dont need act so high and mighty, people trying to help you here. More info the more they can help you make an informed decision.

When am I acting high and mighty? I don't want to give names because I don't want to be identified. Just abit kiasu here but I appreciate the help.

megalomaniac 14-06-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megalomaniac (Post 174105)
When am I acting high and mighty? I don't want to give names because I don't want to be identified. Just abit kiasu here but I appreciate the help.

For argument's sake let's just say DBS and ADL.

Unregistered 14-06-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174095)
Never heard of tier 3 consulting firms. If the offer is not from OW/Kearney/RB (tier 2 strats), you’re probably better off going into local bank BO. No idea what’s with ‘glamour’ nowadays, BO in a bank will still enable you to live very decently.

Perhaps you can share the name of the consulting firm (or similar peers)?

Tier 3 refers to the consulting arms of the Big 4, no? Maybe the recent acquisitions of Monitor, Parthenon, Strategy& helped boost their prestige but historically Big 4 consulting were considered sucky sweatshops

Unregistered 14-06-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megalomaniac (Post 174108)
For argument's sake let's just say DBS and ADL.

Lol see people still fixated on figuring which firm. All the best to you. Most likely you wont get any helpful advice here.

Unregistered 14-06-2021 04:23 PM

Do they pay the same? Consulting seems riskier and with a worse WLB.

megalomaniac 14-06-2021 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174113)
Do they pay the same? Consulting seems riskier and with a worse WLB.

Nope, the consulting one is about 25% higher. So yes I see that as compensating the risk and poorer WLB.

megalomaniac 14-06-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174112)
Lol see people still fixated on figuring which firm. All the best to you. Most likely you wont get any helpful advice here.

Haha thanks! Well, trying my luck here

Unregistered 14-06-2021 08:22 PM

I’m very curious, what value add does a consulting firm provide ? Do the proposal provided give u additional 30% (example) more revenue ?
How they should go to market , etc ? Isn’t these what marketing & sales people should do ?