For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary? - Page 44 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #431 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2021, 09:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On 90k base now in bank mid office after several moves through my first 4.5 years. Have come quite a long way since I started at 42k at an SME.

Crappy starting base is not the end as long as you are willing to learn fast and fight for your rights



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #432 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2021, 11:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Grad: 3.6k MNC bank ops
0.5YOE: 4.4k internal move, ops tech
1YOE: 6.5k entry level SnT

Not 2 YOE but my progress has been similar to some with 2-5 YOE so thought I would post.
How did you make the jump to FO? Would love to know!

Also, is it a MNC bank or Local Bank?

Reply With Quote
  #433 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2021, 11:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
On 90k base now in bank mid office after several moves through my first 4.5 years. Have come quite a long way since I started at 42k at an SME.

Crappy starting base is not the end as long as you are willing to learn fast and fight for your rights
Did you hop a lot to different banks? Did you find hopping around critical to bumping your pay as suppose to staying within the same firm?

Reply With Quote
  #434 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2021, 01:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Did you hop a lot to different banks? Did you find hopping around critical to bumping your pay as suppose to staying within the same firm?
Since leaving the sme I have been at 3 different banks.

Definitely jumping is critical in helping to compensate for my poor starting base. I used the first bank I joined as a springboard, racking up the necessary exp and skillset needed for the role. The base pay wasn't much higher than at the sme, but they paid good bonuses. Spent about 2 years there and jumped after that to banks 2 and 3, getting healthy increments both times.

If I had stayed at bank 1 throughout, I would probably only be at 55k base now.
Reply With Quote
  #435 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2021, 09:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How did you make the jump to FO? Would love to know!

Also, is it a MNC bank or Local Bank?
Ops/tech job was at a BB. SnT is at local bank. Not the big red one though

They were looking for a techy guy who also has finance bg. My degree is finance but I am also a huge nerd and aggressively programmed away my ops job (which is why I got transferred to the tech side as well).
Reply With Quote
  #436 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2021, 08:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ops/tech job was at a BB. SnT is at local bank. Not the big red one though

They were looking for a techy guy who also has finance bg. My degree is finance but I am also a huge nerd and aggressively programmed away my ops job (which is why I got transferred to the tech side as well).
Thatís awesome! Could you share what tools/skills of yours were sought after by the SnT desk @ the local bank? VBA? Python?
Reply With Quote

  #437 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2021, 04:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Marketing role, private sector

2017 (Graduate intern at local tech startup) - 1.5k
2018 (Started first full time job in a tech company) - 3.2K
2019 (Promotion + Annual Increment) - 4K (25% increment)
2020 (Promotion + Annual Increment) - 4.7K (18% increment)
2021 (Promotion + Annual Increment) - 5.8k (24% increment)
2021 (Change Job) - 7.5K (30% increment)
Reply With Quote
  #438 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2021, 05:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Marketing role, private sector

2017 (Graduate intern at local tech startup) - 1.5k
2018 (Started first full time job in a tech company) - 3.2K
2019 (Promotion + Annual Increment) - 4K (25% increment)
2020 (Promotion + Annual Increment) - 4.7K (18% increment)
2021 (Promotion + Annual Increment) - 5.8k (24% increment)
2021 (Change Job) - 7.5K (30% increment)
Calling bs on this one. The salary growth for marketing roles is usually putrid esp considering the starting pay was in the low 3s in this case. You'd be lucky to hit even 4K by 2021.
Reply With Quote
  #439 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2021, 05:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Marketing role, private sector

2017 (Graduate intern at local tech startup) - 1.5k
2018 (Started first full time job in a tech company) - 3.2K
2019 (Promotion + Annual Increment) - 4K (25% increment)
2020 (Promotion + Annual Increment) - 4.7K (18% increment)
2021 (Promotion + Annual Increment) - 5.8k (24% increment)
2021 (Change Job) - 7.5K (30% increment)
marketing lmao what a lie.

Why people waste time BS here? A quick Google and u can see how much marketing earns lol or if u work at a company, just ask ur marketing friends....

7.5 lmao wait 20 years
Reply With Quote
  #440 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2021, 06:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
marketing lmao what a lie.

Why people waste time BS here? A quick Google and u can see how much marketing earns lol or if u work at a company, just ask ur marketing friends....

7.5 lmao wait 20 years
If you aren't in either P&G or Unilever, glhf as a marketing professional
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Min Salary in Collective Agreement vs actual salary chenbaeki Income and Jobs 2 24-01-2017 07:50 AM
Expected salary compared to current salary sijia_lim Income and Jobs 12 25-07-2016 11:22 AM
MNC but low salary or "lousy" firm but higher salary? ally_spy Income and Jobs 7 11-02-2016 12:51 PM
Salary Progression depends on previous salary? askethan Income and Jobs 3 03-09-2011 10:23 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,400 Replies, 1,392,318 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,096 Replies, 270,259 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,352 Replies, 4,828,159 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,729 Replies, 7,486,960 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,286 Replies, 651,993 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,915 Replies, 1,461,272 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
488 Replies, 345,537 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
92 Replies, 27,066 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 123,314 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,103 Replies, 1,329,947 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,952 Replies, 1,810,509 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,690 Views
Relocation to the US or stay in SG? ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 874 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 101,110 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
201 Replies, 68,662 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,152 Replies, 1,719,759 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
115 Replies, 44,752 Views
Anyone working in Recruit express? ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 39,093 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
823 Replies, 222,027 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
64 Replies, 10,431 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
347 Replies, 111,413 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
575 Replies, 458,298 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 138,566 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,204 Replies, 2,594,503 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 68,707 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
208 Replies, 172,228 Views
Working 2 FT (remote) jobs?...
2 Replies, 162 Views
Luxoft
0 Replies, 45 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,065 Replies, 567,172 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2