Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13727-those-2-5-yoe-what-your-salary.html)

Unregistered 30-06-2021 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176015)
Bigot alert - itís about attitude at the end of the day, and I think even if you earn a million, you are not a pleasant person by looking down on others, even those who achieved some success with distance learning. Everyone have the same destination but a different journey. Peace.

Exactly. Tbh, those who spent time and effort dissing diploma holders/private uni grads are probably unhappy/buay kan themselves. Probably canít stand the sight of some of them doing better/earning more.

Unregistered 30-06-2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175997)
Well, I have seen some SIM/SUSS peeps earning more than than local uni graduates before. Not many, but they exist.

Well, I have seen many local uni/legit uni peeps earning more than SIM/SUSS graduates before. Not a few, many.

Unregistered 30-06-2021 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176036)
Well, I have seen many local uni/legit uni peeps earning more than SIM/SUSS graduates before. Not a few, many.

Know a SIM-UOL guy drawing >6k base at FAANG doing strat. Are you better than him?

Unregistered 30-06-2021 02:11 AM

Pls stop with the private and local uni comparison. Can we get back to the topic of salaries with 2-5 yoe. Bring your insecurities elsewhere

Unregistered 30-06-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176035)
Exactly. Tbh, those who spent time and effort dissing diploma holders/private uni grads are probably unhappy/buay kan themselves. Probably canít stand the sight of some of them doing better/earning more.

you just say only he come. some ppl rly insecure

KKK 30-06-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeGozt (Post 175993)
Just sharing my experience as another data point. I graduated in 2015 from NUS.

1st year: part time role in a startup, S$1,000/mth working 50%
2nd year: converted to contract role in same startup, S$3,200/mth
3rd year: promotion, contract S$3,650/mth
4th year: moved to MNC, perm S$4,400/mth
5th year: no change, S$4,400/mth
End of 5th year, moved to another MNC, S$6,750/mth contract role

Really nice progression and big jumps after your 4th year. Can you share why you took a part time role at a startup in your first year?

LeGozt 30-06-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKK (Post 176064)
Really nice progression and big jumps after your 4th year. Can you share why you took a part time role at a startup in your first year?

Thank you for the kind words. I'd like to think that the salary jump was purely due to my own skills/abilities, but I think there was an element of luck involved as well that people don't often recognise.

To answer your question, I was kind of left with no choice because I wanted to enter the R&D industry, but my grades were simply not good enough (GPA 2.8, graduated from 4yr engineering course without honours). The startup allowed me to get my foot through the door and to prove myself beyond my grades.

KKK 30-06-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeGozt (Post 176066)
Thank you for the kind words. I'd like to think that the salary jump was purely due to my own skills/abilities, but I think there was an element of luck involved as well that people don't often recognise.

To answer your question, I was kind of left with no choice because I wanted to enter the R&D industry, but my grades were simply not good enough (GPA 2.8, graduated from 4yr engineering course without honours). The startup allowed me to get my foot through the door and to prove myself beyond my grades.

Well done man! This is what it means to grind and slog it out and now you are in a comfortable place only 5 years in. I really don't understand the trolls who come in here and expect everyone to be making BB FO salary as fresh grads when SG's median income is only around $4.5k.

I'm sure if you keep upskilling yourself you will only progress up. Good luck :)

Unregistered 30-06-2021 12:24 PM

Whatís this obsession of BB FO? Whatís BB FO anyway?
BB = big butt? Big bust?
FO = fk off?

Unregistered 30-06-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176074)
Whatís this obsession of BB FO? Whatís BB FO anyway?
BB = big butt? Big bust?
FO = fk off?

Someone lives in a well


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2