Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13727-those-2-5-yoe-what-your-salary.html)

Unregistered 29-06-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175976)
FO is usually associated with high finance (IBD/S&T/AM/WM). No one considers personal banking as FO, it’s more akin to insurance/real estate agent tier (not that I’m looking down on these roles).

OP is referring to private banking fyi, but I digress. Back to the topic indeed.

Dude I worked in IT dept in bank before. Yes, personal banking is more like insurance or financial services to retail customers but its still considered under FO. I think this answers the qns for ppl who dont believe the dip guy.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175979)
Dude I worked in IT dept in bank before. Yes, personal banking is more like insurance or financial services to retail customers but its still considered under FO. I think this answers the qns for ppl who dont believe the dip guy.

And I’m in BB FO? Private banking isn’t personal banking. And personal banking isnt considered FO (pls direct me to real FO folks who think otherwise). Not sure which bank you worked at previously, but JP/GS/MS (top-tier BBs - where OP said he’s from) don’t offer consumer banking services here.

Anw, let’s move on from this.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175981)
And I’m in BB FO? Private banking isn’t personal banking. And personal banking isnt considered FO (pls direct me to real FO folks who think otherwise). Not sure which bank you worked at previously, but JP/GS/MS (top-tier BBs - where OP said he’s from) don’t offer consumer banking services here.

Anw, let’s move on from this.

Dude even banks like citibank are considered BB and they have their consumer banking services. I dont see any mention of OP saying he’s from private banking. Ya lets move on from this banking is overrated.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175982)
Dude even banks like citibank are considered BB and they have their consumer banking services. I dont see any mention of OP saying he’s from private banking. Ya lets move on from this banking is overrated.

scroll back 1-2 pages back. op mentioned PB and top-tier BB (which Citi isnt). besides, Citi is divesting its retail banking arm in many markets (incl. SG)

LeGozt 29-06-2021 07:12 PM

Just sharing my experience as another data point. I graduated in 2015 from NUS.

1st year: part time role in a startup, S$1,000/mth working 50%
2nd year: converted to contract role in same startup, S$3,200/mth
3rd year: promotion, contract S$3,650/mth
4th year: moved to MNC, perm S$4,400/mth
5th year: no change, S$4,400/mth
End of 5th year, moved to another MNC, S$6,750/mth contract role

Unregistered 29-06-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeGozt (Post 175993)
I graduated in 2015 from NUS.

1st year: part time role in a startup, S$1,000/mth working 50%
2nd year: converted to contract role in same startup, S$3,200/mth
3rd year: promotion, S$3,650/mth
4th year: moves to MNC, S$4,400/mth
5th year: no change, S$4,400/mth
End of 5th year, moved to another MNC, S$6,759/mth contract role

Really big jump at the end of your 5th year. What would you attribute back to (skills you acquired/diff function/diff industry?)

Unregistered 29-06-2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175975)
Again, stfu. I know people who chose to go Poly with 4 points and idiots like you with L1R5 20 who went to JC.

Stop overcompensating. Talk so much but I still don’t see you instead of my colleagues whom hailed from poly in BB FO.

Jc or poly doesnt matter. Can get into uni that is not distance learning or any SIM/SUSS crap then say.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175996)
Jc or poly doesnt matter. Can get into uni that is not distance learning or any SIM/SUSS crap then say.

Well, I have seen some SIM/SUSS peeps earning more than than local uni graduates before. Not many, but they exist.

LeGozt 29-06-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175995)
Really big jump at the end of your 5th year. What would you attribute back to (skills you acquired/diff function/diff industry?)

It's mostly due to the fact that I moved from a perm role to a contract role. Large companies typically pay a premium for contract roles as they are time-bound and you lose the job security that comes with perm roles, and thus contractors are renumerated accordingly for the additional risk.

You can think about it as a 20% pay increase from me changing companies, yes this can be attributed to the skills and unique experience I had with the first MNC.

Add on to that an additional 20% for the increased risk for the contract role.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175996)

Bigot alert - it’s about attitude at the end of the day, and I think even if you earn a million, you are not a pleasant person by looking down on others, even those who achieved some success with distance learning. Everyone have the same destination but a different journey. Peace.