For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary? - Page 19 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary?

Old 29-06-2021, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Rofl diploma kids in this forum like to fantasize about life in FO while lacking the skills and education background to make it there. Sibeh loser.
Exactly lol poly kids that are so stupid they cant even get into JC in the first place yet want to talk about FO

Really need to wake up their f'ucking idea sia

Old 29-06-2021, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Exactly lol poly kids that are so stupid they cant even get into JC in the first place yet want to talk about FO

Really need to wake up their f'ucking idea sia
I’m the poster who is doubting OP, but can you stfu? Although I was from a JC myself, there are plenty of colleagues around me in the FO who went to poly (+uni afterwards - dean listers btw). Why do you sound like one of those people who think they made it in life at the age of 16-18? “Oh damn, I scored well enough for Os to get into a JC! My life is set!”

If anything, the very fact that you have to discriminate against a certain set of people (who are supposedly “worse” than you) speaks volumes about your current standing.

Old 29-06-2021, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I’m the poster who is doubting OP, but can you stfu? Although I was from a JC myself, there are plenty of colleagues around me in the FO who went to poly (+uni afterwards - dean listers btw). Why do you sound like one of those people who think they made it in life at the age of 16-18? “Oh damn, I scored well enough for Os to get into a JC! My life is set!”

If anything, the very fact that you have to discriminate against a certain set of people (who are supposedly “worse” than you) speaks volumes about your current standing.
Not the one you are arguing with but i am actually from poly here. What are some of the roles i should be applying for in FO? From your experience can you share some?

Old 29-06-2021, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Not the one you are arguing with but i am actually from poly here. What are some of the roles i should be applying for in FO? From your experience can you share some?
Hate to burst your bubble, but it is almost impossible to land a FO role in BBs with just a diploma, unless you are a wizard (e.g. have impressive & CONSISTENT returns by trading on your own) or have connections.

Note that I’m referring to roles like IB/S&T/AM/WM, not relationship managers that work their way up in branches (servicing everyone and mostly pushing insurance/etfs products). Try to get a degree and some work exp in FIs/Boutiques. Better yet, get CFA/CAIA/FRM/CMT (these are highly valued in AM/WM/S&T - your best bet if you don’t want to complete a degree).
Old 29-06-2021, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

based on the poly people i know in real life most are really cui though

i will still say that JC vs poly there is a huge competency and intelligence gap there. its like high ses vs low ses
Old 29-06-2021, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

to add on: its really not difficult at all to go into JC. I remember when i was in secondary school the type of people that cant enter JC and choose to enter poly are those that can't even pass Emath, dont need to talk about Amath.

Let's be realistic a bit lah. If even those simple Emath concept they cannot even get it, you expect me to believe poly grads talking about entering FO roles, which hire ivy leagues and cream of the crop, Alpha-type of candidates?

Please, if you still daydreaming about this kind of thing, you need to get your head out of your ass, because you are in for a very rude awakening soon. Learn to be humble instead and work from the bottom as an insurance agent or bank officer. Don't understand why nowadays all the young people think they can straight away work as investment banker or wolf of wallstreet. F'ucking funny seriously. Let me ask, do any of you retards even have a stock trading account or understand simple jargons used in the market? Because I have seen many finance grads who have never even touched the stock market. You are so far below my level you're basically delusional if you're still thinking about FO.

Old 29-06-2021, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
to add on: its really not difficult at all to go into JC. I remember when i was in secondary school the type of people that cant enter JC and choose to enter poly are those that can't even pass Emath, dont need to talk about Amath.

Let's be realistic a bit lah. If even those simple Emath concept they cannot even get it, you expect me to believe poly grads talking about entering FO roles, which hire ivy leagues and cream of the crop, Alpha-type of candidates?

Please, if you still daydreaming about this kind of thing, you need to get your head out of your ass, because you are in for a very rude awakening soon. Learn to be humble instead and work from the bottom as an insurance agent or bank officer. Don't understand why nowadays all the young people think they can straight away work as investment banker or wolf of wallstreet. F'ucking funny seriously. Let me ask, do any of you retards even have a stock trading account or understand simple jargons used in the market? Because I have seen many finance grads who have never even touched the stock market. You are so far below my level you're basically delusional if you're still thinking about FO.
Right, anyway...

Do u still know any teachers at pioneer JC? Or actually I've been considering a switch in insurance policy, you got a number I can contact u at?
Old 29-06-2021, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Back to topic please. Salary w 2-5 yoe. No one cares about banking FO. Even personal banking is considered FO and the bar to entry is not that high. Dk why yall doubting the guy w dip. Chill and get back to topic
Old 29-06-2021, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Again, stfu. I know people who chose to go Poly with 4 points and idiots like you with L1R5 20 who went to JC.

Stop overcompensating. Talk so much but I still don’t see you instead of my colleagues whom hailed from poly in BB FO.
Old 29-06-2021, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Back to topic please. Salary w 2-5 yoe. No one cares about banking FO. Even personal banking is considered FO and the bar to entry is not that high. Dk why yall doubting the guy w dip. Chill and get back to topic
FO is usually associated with high finance (IBD/S&T/AM/WM). No one considers personal banking as FO, it’s more akin to insurance/real estate agent tier (not that I’m looking down on these roles).

OP is referring to private banking fyi, but I digress. Back to the topic indeed.