For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary? - Page 18 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary?

Old 27-06-2021, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Honestly not even trying to be salty - but this is just really unbelievable. Try telling anyone in high finance that you got into Top-Tier BB FO (PB) with just a fresh diploma & managed to reach >8k in 5-6 years (with still a diploma cert). I’d be shocked if they are not surprised/curious to know more.

Would personally love to know the exact BB + role if you are willing to divulge. Anyway, if you are in PB FO - it doesn’t matter whether you are in sales or products, you’d still require CFA/CAIA/FRM to progress higher up the food chain.
OP: You got good points, one of the thing I agree with is that they would be definitely see into getting me into a sponsored course soon. Either that or I may do part time. I can’t say more as I said, the function do not need the listed accreditation to progress, including my many colleagues who obviously have degrees, it’s very obvious as to which function that is.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 27-06-2021, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
OP: You got good points, one of the thing I agree with is that they would be definitely see into getting me into a sponsored course soon. Either that or I may do part time. I can’t say more as I said, the function do not need the listed accreditation to progress, including my many colleagues who obviously have degrees, it’s very obvious as to which function that is.
this guy is not in FO obv. maybe MO/BO.

Old 27-06-2021, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
cool story bro, probably some uni kid thats fantasizing about wallstreet careers after graduation but will probably end up as insurance agent in reality

SG Bus Timing App

SGX Stocks [iPad] app
Old 28-06-2021, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
cool story bro, probably some uni kid thats fantasizing about wallstreet careers after graduation but will probably end up as insurance agent in reality
Another one of the losers here who can’t take people’s success like this OP who apparently is very patient with putting up with people like you. OP, to respond to degree question, please please further your studies and get some accreditation like the others advised esp for BB FO if you want to be promoted further, really well done and not many degree holders hit your milestones, you’re pissing off many white elephant degree holders here ><
Old 28-06-2021, 02:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Another one of the losers here who can’t take people’s success like this OP who apparently is very patient with putting up with people like you. OP, to respond to degree question, please please further your studies and get some accreditation like the others advised esp for BB FO if you want to be promoted further, really well done and not many degree holders hit your milestones, you’re pissing off many white elephant degree holders here ><
Not really pissed tbh. I feel sorry for you that you are gullible enough to believe that a fresh diploma grad can land 1) a FO role 2) at a top-tier BB 3) with a 3.6k starting pay (this is neither the salary for a fresh diploma/fresh uni grad & definitely not the case in PB). Guy literally said CFA/CAIA doesn’t matter for his role in PB LOL

Not his function apparently (lmao), only dodging questions on his exact function/ex-BB.

SG Bus Timing App

SGX Stocks [iPad] app
Old 29-06-2021, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Not really pissed tbh. I feel sorry for you that you are gullible enough to believe that a fresh diploma grad can land 1) a FO role 2) at a top-tier BB 3) with a 3.6k starting pay (this is neither the salary for a fresh diploma/fresh uni grad & definitely not the case in PB). Guy literally said CFA/CAIA doesn’t matter for his role in PB LOL

Not his function apparently (lmao), only dodging questions on his exact function/ex-BB.
Maybe you do not know every function of FO because everything he have told us marks a checkbox. Well he doesn’t have to tell us everything too btw, people don’t owe us information about their personal lives. I’ve got a very similar path that’s why I relate to OP.

Old 29-06-2021, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Maybe you do not know every function of FO because everything he have told us marks a checkbox. Well he doesn’t have to tell us everything too btw, people don’t owe us information about their personal lives. I’ve got a very similar path that’s why I relate to OP.
What did he tell us exactly that marks a checkbox? I’m in FO myself.

No one is saying it’s impossible to earn 8k with just a diploma. However OP story is dubious at best (Top Tier BB FO fresh out of poly? No CFA/CAIA needed for his role?). Please.
Old 29-06-2021, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
What did he tell us exactly that marks a checkbox? I’m in FO myself.

No one is saying it’s impossible to earn 8k with just a diploma. However OP story is dubious at best (Top Tier BB FO fresh out of poly? No CFA/CAIA needed for his role?). Please.
However I don’t get why OP would invest time into lying. Perhaps things roll differently here. If you are in FO why can’t you tell what role he is doing? I’m FO too and everything checks.
Old 29-06-2021, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
However I don’t get why OP would invest time into lying. Perhaps things roll differently here. If you are in FO why can’t you tell what role he is doing? I’m FO too and everything checks.
You are in FO? Which top-tier BB (JP/GS/MS) pays 3.6k for fresh diploma hires in WM/PB? Note that this is not your relationship branch manager in DBS/SCB etc, we are talking about servicing HNW/UNHW/Family Offices.

And which top-tier BB has the salary ceiling of >8k without a degree? Oh, oh & since when do these roles (be it sales/products) not need a CFA/CAIA/FRM for progression? Since you said you’re in FO too, tell me which function he is in then LOL. OP is mum about his ‘function’ and ex-BB for a reason la
Old 29-06-2021, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
You are in FO? Which top-tier BB (JP/GS/MS) pays 3.6k for fresh diploma hires in WM/PB? Note that this is not your relationship branch manager in DBS/SCB etc, we are talking about servicing HNW/UNHW/Family Offices.

And which top-tier BB has the salary ceiling of >8k without a degree? Oh, oh & since when do these roles (be it sales/products) not need a CFA/CAIA/FRM for progression? Since you said you’re in FO too, tell me which function he is in then LOL. OP is mum about his ‘function’ and ex-BB for a reason la
Rofl diploma kids in this forum like to fantasize about life in FO while lacking the skills and education background to make it there. Sibeh loser.