For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary? - Page 18 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #171 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2021, 09:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Honestly not even trying to be salty - but this is just really unbelievable. Try telling anyone in high finance that you got into Top-Tier BB FO (PB) with just a fresh diploma & managed to reach >8k in 5-6 years (with still a diploma cert). Iíd be shocked if they are not surprised/curious to know more.

Would personally love to know the exact BB + role if you are willing to divulge. Anyway, if you are in PB FO - it doesnít matter whether you are in sales or products, youíd still require CFA/CAIA/FRM to progress higher up the food chain.
OP: You got good points, one of the thing I agree with is that they would be definitely see into getting me into a sponsored course soon. Either that or I may do part time. I canít say more as I said, the function do not need the listed accreditation to progress, including my many colleagues who obviously have degrees, itís very obvious as to which function that is.

Reply With Quote
  #172 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2021, 10:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OP: You got good points, one of the thing I agree with is that they would be definitely see into getting me into a sponsored course soon. Either that or I may do part time. I canít say more as I said, the function do not need the listed accreditation to progress, including my many colleagues who obviously have degrees, itís very obvious as to which function that is.
this guy is not in FO obv. maybe MO/BO.

Reply With Quote
  #173 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2021, 11:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OP: You got good points, one of the thing I agree with is that they would be definitely see into getting me into a sponsored course soon. Either that or I may do part time. I canít say more as I said, the function do not need the listed accreditation to progress, including my many colleagues who obviously have degrees, itís very obvious as to which function that is.
cool story bro, probably some uni kid thats fantasizing about wallstreet careers after graduation but will probably end up as insurance agent in reality

Reply With Quote
  #174 (permalink)  
Old 28-06-2021, 02:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
cool story bro, probably some uni kid thats fantasizing about wallstreet careers after graduation but will probably end up as insurance agent in reality
Another one of the losers here who canít take peopleís success like this OP who apparently is very patient with putting up with people like you. OP, to respond to degree question, please please further your studies and get some accreditation like the others advised esp for BB FO if you want to be promoted further, really well done and not many degree holders hit your milestones, youíre pissing off many white elephant degree holders here ><
Reply With Quote
  #175 (permalink)  
Old 28-06-2021, 02:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Another one of the losers here who canít take peopleís success like this OP who apparently is very patient with putting up with people like you. OP, to respond to degree question, please please further your studies and get some accreditation like the others advised esp for BB FO if you want to be promoted further, really well done and not many degree holders hit your milestones, youíre pissing off many white elephant degree holders here ><
Not really pissed tbh. I feel sorry for you that you are gullible enough to believe that a fresh diploma grad can land 1) a FO role 2) at a top-tier BB 3) with a 3.6k starting pay (this is neither the salary for a fresh diploma/fresh uni grad & definitely not the case in PB). Guy literally said CFA/CAIA doesnít matter for his role in PB LOL

Not his function apparently (lmao), only dodging questions on his exact function/ex-BB.
Reply With Quote
  #176 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2021, 12:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not really pissed tbh. I feel sorry for you that you are gullible enough to believe that a fresh diploma grad can land 1) a FO role 2) at a top-tier BB 3) with a 3.6k starting pay (this is neither the salary for a fresh diploma/fresh uni grad & definitely not the case in PB). Guy literally said CFA/CAIA doesnít matter for his role in PB LOL

Not his function apparently (lmao), only dodging questions on his exact function/ex-BB.
Maybe you do not know every function of FO because everything he have told us marks a checkbox. Well he doesnít have to tell us everything too btw, people donít owe us information about their personal lives. Iíve got a very similar path thatís why I relate to OP.
Reply With Quote

  #177 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2021, 12:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Maybe you do not know every function of FO because everything he have told us marks a checkbox. Well he doesnít have to tell us everything too btw, people donít owe us information about their personal lives. Iíve got a very similar path thatís why I relate to OP.
What did he tell us exactly that marks a checkbox? Iím in FO myself.

No one is saying itís impossible to earn 8k with just a diploma. However OP story is dubious at best (Top Tier BB FO fresh out of poly? No CFA/CAIA needed for his role?). Please.
Reply With Quote
  #178 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2021, 02:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What did he tell us exactly that marks a checkbox? Iím in FO myself.

No one is saying itís impossible to earn 8k with just a diploma. However OP story is dubious at best (Top Tier BB FO fresh out of poly? No CFA/CAIA needed for his role?). Please.
However I donít get why OP would invest time into lying. Perhaps things roll differently here. If you are in FO why canít you tell what role he is doing? Iím FO too and everything checks.
Reply With Quote
  #179 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2021, 11:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
However I donít get why OP would invest time into lying. Perhaps things roll differently here. If you are in FO why canít you tell what role he is doing? Iím FO too and everything checks.
You are in FO? Which top-tier BB (JP/GS/MS) pays 3.6k for fresh diploma hires in WM/PB? Note that this is not your relationship branch manager in DBS/SCB etc, we are talking about servicing HNW/UNHW/Family Offices.

And which top-tier BB has the salary ceiling of >8k without a degree? Oh, oh & since when do these roles (be it sales/products) not need a CFA/CAIA/FRM for progression? Since you said youíre in FO too, tell me which function he is in then LOL. OP is mum about his Ďfunctioní and ex-BB for a reason la
Reply With Quote
  #180 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2021, 11:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are in FO? Which top-tier BB (JP/GS/MS) pays 3.6k for fresh diploma hires in WM/PB? Note that this is not your relationship branch manager in DBS/SCB etc, we are talking about servicing HNW/UNHW/Family Offices.

And which top-tier BB has the salary ceiling of >8k without a degree? Oh, oh & since when do these roles (be it sales/products) not need a CFA/CAIA/FRM for progression? Since you said youíre in FO too, tell me which function he is in then LOL. OP is mum about his Ďfunctioní and ex-BB for a reason la
Rofl diploma kids in this forum like to fantasize about life in FO while lacking the skills and education background to make it there. Sibeh loser.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Min Salary in Collective Agreement vs actual salary chenbaeki Income and Jobs 2 24-01-2017 07:50 AM
Expected salary compared to current salary sijia_lim Income and Jobs 12 25-07-2016 11:22 AM
MNC but low salary or "lousy" firm but higher salary? ally_spy Income and Jobs 7 11-02-2016 12:51 PM
Salary Progression depends on previous salary? askethan Income and Jobs 3 03-09-2011 10:23 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,258 Replies, 6,391,432 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,648 Replies, 1,495,376 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,975 Replies, 2,097,293 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,692 Replies, 4,859,642 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,751 Replies, 1,355,848 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,203 Replies, 3,330,010 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 741,402 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 309,684 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 387,165 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
460 Replies, 258,169 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,071 Replies, 2,246,043 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 985,395 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
108 Replies, 73,284 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,290 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 711,893 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,258 Replies, 12,296,731 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 484,310 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
635 Replies, 321,873 Views
Company deduct air ticket from...
0 Replies, 172 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 156,466 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,759 Replies, 1,013,474 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,885 Replies, 10,194,798 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,756 Replies, 1,475,208 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,027 Replies, 425,264 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,197 Replies, 445,887 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,396 Replies, 1,342,917 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 97,608 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,077 Replies, 3,677,753 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,781 Replies, 4,579,979 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
298 Replies, 355,218 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2