For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary? - Page 17 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #161 (permalink)  
Old 26-06-2021, 11:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Still waiting for replies to this OP.
OP: Iím not in my banks HR and I have no idea about the policies of the hiring, or why they were able to hire in my case. I canít reveal more into the specific team Iím in now in FO, regarding the question on professional accreditation, my function does not require the ones listed. Maybe something to highlight is that if they bring you on an attachment, it will definitely help in your chances to get promoted which happened in BB. MM not much opportunities unless you are eye-ed for fast track.

Reply With Quote
  #162 (permalink)  
Old 26-06-2021, 11:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

2015: 6.7k (grad prog)

2021: 12.5k (manager role)


Changed jobs 3 times over the last 6 years. Currently non FO role in banking.

A local Bachelors & Masters degree holder.

Reply With Quote
  #163 (permalink)  
Old 26-06-2021, 02:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2015: 6.7k (grad prog)

2021: 12.5k (manager role)


Changed jobs 3 times over the last 6 years. Currently non FO role in banking.

A local Bachelors & Masters degree holder.
Simi grad program sia? You FO previously?

Reply With Quote
  #164 (permalink)  
Old 26-06-2021, 02:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OP: Iím not in my banks HR and I have no idea about the policies of the hiring, or why they were able to hire in my case. I canít reveal more into the specific team Iím in now in FO, regarding the question on professional accreditation, my function does not require the ones listed. Maybe something to highlight is that if they bring you on an attachment, it will definitely help in your chances to get promoted which happened in BB. MM not much opportunities unless you are eye-ed for fast track.
Which division? IB/S&T/AM/WM?

Honestly donít know what BB you are in, at least for top-tier BBs they do not hire fresh grad diploma for FO roles.
Reply With Quote
  #165 (permalink)  
Old 26-06-2021, 04:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which division? IB/S&T/AM/WM?

Honestly donít know what BB you are in, at least for top-tier BBs they do not hire fresh grad diploma for FO roles.
PB, Top Tier
Reply With Quote
  #166 (permalink)  
Old 26-06-2021, 08:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
PB, Top Tier
You got in through direct hire as a poly grad? At a top tier BB in PB? Cmon la.

Btw PBs at the top-tier BBs will definitely require you to attain the CFA/CAIA at some point (even for their annual intake from local uni/ivies at some point). If not you canít move up at all.
Reply With Quote

  #167 (permalink)  
Old 26-06-2021, 10:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You got in through direct hire as a poly grad? At a top tier BB in PB? Cmon la.

Btw PBs at the top-tier BBs will definitely require you to attain the CFA/CAIA at some point (even for their annual intake from local uni/ivies at some point). If not you canít move up at all.
I think Iíll just speak for my own experience but convincing anyone here is tiring while I do understand why you would wonder. You are probably right that it wonít happen now with more stringent systems in place, that was 6 years ago. Additionally FO have various functions that do not require CFA / CAIA, and you would probably be able to guess which function Iím in. Thatís why I was hoping to have a constructive discussion as to whether at 8K I should continue uni, and you brought up a good point, just hope you can expand on that and advise if thereís courses for mid-career dip holders.
Reply With Quote
  #168 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2021, 12:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

All the salty comments over someone with dip and making decent money in FO. Haiz some sinkies rlly quite sad and insecureÖcannot achieve then must bring others down. Just work on yourselves and improve
Reply With Quote
  #169 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2021, 02:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think Iíll just speak for my own experience but convincing anyone here is tiring while I do understand why you would wonder. You are probably right that it wonít happen now with more stringent systems in place, that was 6 years ago. Additionally FO have various functions that do not require CFA / CAIA, and you would probably be able to guess which function Iím in. Thatís why I was hoping to have a constructive discussion as to whether at 8K I should continue uni, and you brought up a good point, just hope you can expand on that and advise if thereís courses for mid-career dip holders.
Honestly not even trying to be salty - but this is just really unbelievable. Try telling anyone in high finance that you got into Top-Tier BB FO (PB) with just a fresh diploma & managed to reach >8k in 5-6 years (with still a diploma cert). Iíd be shocked if they are not surprised/curious to know more.

Would personally love to know the exact BB + role if you are willing to divulge. Anyway, if you are in PB FO - it doesnít matter whether you are in sales or products, youíd still require CFA/CAIA/FRM to progress higher up the food chain.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #170 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2021, 02:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All the salty comments over someone with dip and making decent money in FO. Haiz some sinkies rlly quite sad and insecureÖcannot achieve then must bring others down. Just work on yourselves and improve
Because most ppl are stuck with the mindset that no paper = can't get far in life.
C'mon, private sector = the world is your oyster
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Min Salary in Collective Agreement vs actual salary chenbaeki Income and Jobs 2 24-01-2017 07:50 AM
Expected salary compared to current salary sijia_lim Income and Jobs 12 25-07-2016 11:22 AM
MNC but low salary or "lousy" firm but higher salary? ally_spy Income and Jobs 7 11-02-2016 12:51 PM
Salary Progression depends on previous salary? askethan Income and Jobs 3 03-09-2011 10:23 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
757 Replies, 385,458 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 21,654 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,243 Replies, 1,536,686 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,927 Replies, 5,063,600 Views
Htx ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 2,042 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,001 Replies, 1,520,370 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
552 Replies, 322,342 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 115,503 Views
Citibank Technology Analyst Program ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 7,825 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,071 Replies, 776,611 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
206 Replies, 52,000 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,184 Replies, 587,922 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
548 Replies, 310,024 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,172 Replies, 2,686,974 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
282 Replies, 161,354 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
293 Replies, 118,165 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,810 Replies, 2,166,788 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
148 Replies, 197,278 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
669 Replies, 336,979 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,972 Replies, 7,668,858 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,257 Replies, 318,237 Views
DBS Wealth Manager Fresh Grad...
3 Replies, 505 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 140,283 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
603 Replies, 478,044 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
145 Replies, 128,991 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,410 Replies, 645,471 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 406,305 Views
Year end bonus for civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
346 Replies, 72,081 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,861 Replies, 4,486,424 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2