For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary? - Page 12 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #111 (permalink)  
Old 15-06-2021, 12:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurlInTech View Post
You are doing great. My female friends who were from JC started working 1 year earlier than me are earning 3-3.5k monthly currently. One of the girls, her fiancé is earning 6k per month as a marketing manager. He also gets a car from his company for his work. I believe my that friend already thinking about being a taitai in the future. She keeps talking about how she pressures her fiancé to buy their own car every time we met. I’m not sure how they will manage.

As long as you are on track for your retirement, manage your expectations, your life will be great.
Thx for sharing - really insightful! How many years have your female friends been working? And how about the fiance earning 6k/mth as a marketing manager.

Reply With Quote
  #112 (permalink)  
Old 15-06-2021, 01:08 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Singapore
Posts: 17
gurlInTech is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thx for sharing - really insightful! How many years have your female friends been working? And how about the fiance earning 6k/mth as a marketing manager.
The female friends started working back in 2017. I just went to stalk my friend’s fiancé on linkedin(&#128517 and he started working in 2015. I think he is quite amazing because he worked his way up with a private U degree.

Reply With Quote
  #113 (permalink)  
Old 15-06-2021, 05:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh damn, we are from the same company and same role! And you only started working slightly later than me only. I feel so sad that my RSU is less than half of yours...

Technically it is quite easy to track who you are as HR because there are not many people who joined at that time and haven't quit until to date, and many people RSU is only 1k or less during Jan 2020. Btw the head of engineering personally tracks everyone salary.

But I don't think anyone with power will visit this forum. Congratz to your early retirement!
All the lucky people joining shopee during 2016 . i rejected their offer for grab sadded

Reply With Quote
  #114 (permalink)  
Old 15-06-2021, 06:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh damn, we are from the same company and same role! And you only started working slightly later than me only. I feel so sad that my RSU is less than half of yours...

Technically it is quite easy to track who you are as HR because there are not many people who joined at that time and haven't quit until to date, and many people RSU is only 1k or less during Jan 2020. Btw the head of engineering personally tracks everyone salary.

But I don't think anyone with power will visit this forum. Congratz to your early retirement!
how does it work for the RSU? they give you RSU instead of bonus? 1 unit equals to 1 actual stock unit? meaning if i got 3k RSU, means i can sell them for 3000 * $278 = $834,000 now?
Reply With Quote
  #115 (permalink)  
Old 15-06-2021, 08:00 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Singapore
Posts: 17
gurlInTech is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how does it work for the RSU? they give you RSU instead of bonus? 1 unit equals to 1 actual stock unit? meaning if i got 3k RSU, means i can sell them for 3000 * $278 = $834,000 now?
RSU = Restricted Stock Unit. Yes 1 unit = 1 actual stock unit, only exception is that the stock has no voting rights. There will be a vesting period which differs from company to company, but for Sea and Grab I believe are similar which is vested over 4 years. Meaning lets say the company offers you 3000 unit on 1 Jan 2020, you will get 1/4 of the stocks after 1 year (750 units) on 1 Jan 2021, subsequently every quarters you will get the remaining split equally.

As an existing employee of the company you can only buy / sell the company shares for a period after the company releases its quarterly report, so to prevent insider trading. But if you quit the company, you can sell the vested stocks any time you wanted.

For the example you gave, if you had 3000 units vested after 4 years, yes you can sell them at $278 USD * 1.32 SGD/USD * 3000 = $1,100,880 SGD. That is before you deduct broker fees.

RSUs is also independent of bonuses. Hope my explanation helps.
Reply With Quote
  #116 (permalink)  
Old 15-06-2021, 09:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurlInTech View Post
RSU = Restricted Stock Unit. Yes 1 unit = 1 actual stock unit, only exception is that the stock has no voting rights. There will be a vesting period which differs from company to company, but for Sea and Grab I believe are similar which is vested over 4 years. Meaning lets say the company offers you 3000 unit on 1 Jan 2020, you will get 1/4 of the stocks after 1 year (750 units) on 1 Jan 2021, subsequently every quarters you will get the remaining split equally.

As an existing employee of the company you can only buy / sell the company shares for a period after the company releases its quarterly report, so to prevent insider trading. But if you quit the company, you can sell the vested stocks any time you wanted.

For the example you gave, if you had 3000 units vested after 4 years, yes you can sell them at $278 USD * 1.32 SGD/USD * 3000 = $1,100,880 SGD. That is before you deduct broker fees.

RSUs is also independent of bonuses. Hope my explanation helps.
Oh damn why didn’t I join shopee...
Reply With Quote

  #117 (permalink)  
Old 15-06-2021, 10:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Here's mine, graduated in 2010, I have a MSc from a local uni but sadly my pay progression is very depressing.

2010 to 2013: $2800 (yes no pay increment for first 3 years)
2013: $3500 (pay increment after I got my MSc.)
2014: $3640
2015: $3750 last drawn salary. Changed a new job and got low balled by HR and stupid me didn't try hard to nego. I got the same salary as my last drawn when I started at the new company fml.
2016: $4150 (salary adjustment)
2017: $4291
2018: $4435
2019: $4589
2020: $4761
2020: Hopefully I can get $5250 as my industry is due for salary adjustment this year.

I'm in my mid 30s and still not hit $5K. Its hard for me to change industry as what I'm doing is very niche.. Currently in healthcare industry, do not join as it is a high stressed job with poor remuneration as you can see from my yearly increment from 2015, plus we are not allowed any pay increment when we jump ship to other hospital.
Reply With Quote
  #118 (permalink)  
Old 15-06-2021, 10:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Here's mine, graduated in 2010, I have a MSc from a local uni but sadly my pay progression is very depressing.

2010 to 2013: $2800 (yes no pay increment for first 3 years)
2013: $3500 (pay increment after I got my MSc.)
2014: $3640
2015: $3750 last drawn salary. Changed a new job and got low balled by HR and stupid me didn't try hard to nego. I got the same salary as my last drawn when I started at the new company fml.
2016: $4150 (salary adjustment)
2017: $4291
2018: $4435
2019: $4589
2020: $4761
2020: Hopefully I can get $5250 as my industry is due for salary adjustment this year.

I'm in my mid 30s and still not hit $5K. Its hard for me to change industry as what I'm doing is very niche.. Currently in healthcare industry, do not join as it is a high stressed job with poor remuneration as you can see from my yearly increment from 2015, plus we are not allowed any pay increment when we jump ship to other hospital.
Wnaf major and industry is this?
Reply With Quote
  #119 (permalink)  
Old 15-06-2021, 10:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wnaf major and industry is this?
Medicine dispensing, aka pharmacist
Reply With Quote
  #120 (permalink)  
Old 15-06-2021, 11:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Here's mine, graduated in 2010, I have a MSc from a local uni but sadly my pay progression is very depressing.

2010 to 2013: $2800 (yes no pay increment for first 3 years)
2013: $3500 (pay increment after I got my MSc.)
2014: $3640
2015: $3750 last drawn salary. Changed a new job and got low balled by HR and stupid me didn't try hard to nego. I got the same salary as my last drawn when I started at the new company fml.
2016: $4150 (salary adjustment)
2017: $4291
2018: $4435
2019: $4589
2020: $4761
2020: Hopefully I can get $5250 as my industry is due for salary adjustment this year.

I'm in my mid 30s and still not hit $5K. Its hard for me to change industry as what I'm doing is very niche.. Currently in healthcare industry, do not join as it is a high stressed job with poor remuneration as you can see from my yearly increment from 2015, plus we are not allowed any pay increment when we jump ship to other hospital.
Why stay for 3 years when there isnt pay increment?? And you didnt nego back at HR. Feels like you made alot of bad career decisions. Did your local uni not have any career guidance or help?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Min Salary in Collective Agreement vs actual salary chenbaeki Income and Jobs 2 24-01-2017 07:50 AM
Expected salary compared to current salary sijia_lim Income and Jobs 12 25-07-2016 11:22 AM
MNC but low salary or "lousy" firm but higher salary? ally_spy Income and Jobs 7 11-02-2016 12:51 PM
Salary Progression depends on previous salary? askethan Income and Jobs 3 03-09-2011 10:23 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
443 Replies, 102,547 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,048 Replies, 1,631,821 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,921 Replies, 4,296,846 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
131 Replies, 91,599 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
989 Replies, 709,074 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,860 Replies, 1,638,079 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,052 Replies, 1,131,119 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,911 Replies, 2,416,406 Views
Starter job for HR
2 Replies, 112 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,682 Replies, 1,983,093 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,475 Replies, 4,249,035 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,469 Replies, 698,129 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
550 Replies, 418,877 Views
MOM(ACE) offers good career... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 3,090 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 13,715 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,931 Replies, 467,286 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
417 Replies, 293,716 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 34,753 Views
Finance Student Career Advice ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 1,734 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 25,735 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 436,896 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,511 Replies, 1,328,288 Views
which have a better prospect,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 10,935 Views
Really that bad for engineers? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,238 Replies, 915,501 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
446 Replies, 248,713 Views
What MAP should I apply?...
9 Replies, 2,275 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
72 Replies, 63,483 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,048 Replies, 1,276,857 Views
Civil engineering pay
6 Replies, 1,712 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2