Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan Stanley back office before? - Page 24 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan Stanley back office before?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #231 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2022, 10:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yup, but I just saw they updated to 8-16k on MCF already for associate already. Not sure what is the value for Analyst position and whether I should just nego based on Associate is 8-16k range
I thought that's the "generic" role whereby you'll be interviewing for other teams based on the availability? Is yours BO or MO? Haha

Reply With Quote
  #232 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2022, 10:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I thought that's the "generic" role whereby you'll be interviewing for other teams based on the availability? Is yours BO or MO? Haha
I applied for a generic role so I don't even know what is my role :') One of my interviews did ask me if I was interested in MO or BO I said I'm fine with any of the roles and the manager said "Good answer, that is the correct answer" so until now, I don't even know what role I am doing LOL This my first time applying to financial institutions, have never interned or even interviewed with financial institutions before so I am not familiar with the process

Reply With Quote
  #233 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2022, 10:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied for a generic role so I don't even know what is my role :') One of my interviews did ask me if I was interested in MO or BO I said I'm fine with any of the roles and the manager said "Good answer, that is the correct answer" so until now, I don't even know what role I am doing LOL This my first time applying to financial institutions, have never interned or even interviewed with financial institutions before so I am not familiar with the process
LOL the mgr’s reply. I see, means yours is likely not an experienced hire which is why they lowballed you I guess.

Reply With Quote
  #234 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2022, 10:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL the mgr’s reply. I see, means yours is likely not an experienced hire which is why they lowballed you I guess.
Yeah I have a rather stellar resume for another industry, but when it comes to finance, I have 0 internship and work experience despite being a finance major. I wonder if it is possible to get 6k on basis of comparing to MyCareersFuture. Not just the manager's reply, the comments from other interviews also left me speechless like "You have stellar grades", "Wow you took (some very hard module) and got A+". Never knew how to reply LOL


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #235 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2022, 10:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah I have a rather stellar resume for another industry, but when it comes to finance, I have 0 internship and work experience despite being a finance major. I wonder if it is possible to get 6k on basis of comparing to MyCareersFuture. Not just the manager's reply, the comments from other interviews also left me speechless like "You have stellar grades", "Wow you took (some very hard module) and got A+". Never knew how to reply LOL
Hi. How long did they get back to you with the verbal offer?
Reply With Quote
  #236 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2022, 11:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi. How long did they get back to you with the verbal offer?
From application to verbal offer is around 2 weeks, could have been faster but I had examinations so could not provide earlier availability for interview
Reply With Quote

  #237 (permalink)  
Old 30-11-2022, 12:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah I have a rather stellar resume for another industry, but when it comes to finance, I have 0 internship and work experience despite being a finance major. I wonder if it is possible to get 6k on basis of comparing to MyCareersFuture. Not just the manager's reply, the comments from other interviews also left me speechless like "You have stellar grades", "Wow you took (some very hard module) and got A+". Never knew how to reply LOL
Even with 0 YOE, they should not be lowballing you that much. I know of an AML KYC dude with no work experience and jobless for 6 months after graduating yet still drawing 6k/month.

Fresh grads at GS are getting 6 to 6.5k so I definitely think you should nego or turn down the offer if they are unwilling to increase pay. With that being said, GS is on a hiring freeze, so not sure why is this position open and the lowball offer might be a result of budget constraint.
Reply With Quote
  #238 (permalink)  
Old 30-11-2022, 12:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Even with 0 YOE, they should not be lowballing you that much. I know of an AML KYC dude with no work experience and jobless for 6 months after graduating yet still drawing 6k/month.

Fresh grads at GS are getting 6 to 6.5k so I definitely think you should nego or turn down the offer if they are unwilling to increase pay. With that being said, GS is on a hiring freeze, so not sure why is this position open and the lowball offer might be a result of budget constraint.
Is it really the case that they are having a hiring freeze? I still see a lot of openings on their website. During the phone screening, the HR mentioned this is urgent hire (although my friends say everytime is urgent hire due to high turnover) and during the interview, the manager mentioned that there are quite a few roles (around 4 to 5) that he is looking to fill and hence, asked me which I prefer and which is my interest so that he can potentially place me in the one that best fit me along with my interest. Yes, I am hoping to get 6k so going to negotiate. With that being said, I don't have any other offers to negotiate with. Only have one that is nearing 4k but not even 4k and I already graduated.
Reply With Quote
  #239 (permalink)  
Old 30-11-2022, 07:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Are your friends those that converted from their summer program? They might get a higher pay because they are in a different program.
Reply With Quote
  #240 (permalink)  
Old 30-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it really the case that they are having a hiring freeze? I still see a lot of openings on their website. During the phone screening, the HR mentioned this is urgent hire (although my friends say everytime is urgent hire due to high turnover) and during the interview, the manager mentioned that there are quite a few roles (around 4 to 5) that he is looking to fill and hence, asked me which I prefer and which is my interest so that he can potentially place me in the one that best fit me along with my interest. Yes, I am hoping to get 6k so going to negotiate. With that being said, I don't have any other offers to negotiate with. Only have one that is nearing 4k but not even 4k and I already graduated.
They don't have a hiring freeze, I literally went for a couple of interviews these past 2 weeks. Dude is full of ****.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Standard Chartered Bank Back Office brandon Income and Jobs 52 03-09-2022 09:26 AM
Banking - Back Office fishball Income and Jobs 239 20-09-2021 10:22 PM
jump from back office to front office graduation bear Income and Jobs 43 01-12-2016 08:12 PM
Salary for Research Analyst at Morgan Stanley / Detuche Bank? jjason Income and Jobs 3 04-10-2015 04:43 PM
Big 4 back-office rank & salary structure adclicko1 Income and Jobs 1 30-08-2015 11:47 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
649 Replies, 205,744 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,039 Replies, 3,611,791 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,036 Replies, 2,801,672 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
530 Replies, 319,301 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,835 Replies, 926,529 Views
Fresh grad programmer earning... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
61 Replies, 34,894 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,570 Replies, 5,665,984 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,678 Replies, 1,420,984 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,255 Replies, 1,065,248 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,056 Replies, 4,479,981 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
476 Replies, 233,562 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,524 Replies, 1,208,616 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
208 Replies, 237,535 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 540,749 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,851 Replies, 7,994,690 Views
Working in NEA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
94 Replies, 117,729 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 14,024 Views
Digital Academy Program at ST...
2 Replies, 212 Views
ST engineering starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 84,159 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,142 Replies, 10,315,992 Views
Compare Your Annual Income ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 10,772 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 1,028,294 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 54,575 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 24,963 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,184 Replies, 410,507 Views
BCA (Building and Construction...
1 Replies, 205 Views
MOH (Ministry of Health) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 43,959 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 273,560 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 37,924 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2