Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   What does bank background check include? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13649-what-does-bank-background-check-include.html)

PleaseGPGT 12-05-2021 08:22 PM

What does bank background check include?

does background check involve calling my previous employer? i did not provide any references.

Unregistered 12-05-2021 09:10 PM

more thorough than that. employment check, credit check, criminal history check will all be done. Mostly for lateral though. Fresh grad hire very lax one

PleaseGPGT 12-05-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168559)
more thorough than that. employment check, credit check, criminal history check will all be done. Mostly for lateral though. Fresh grad hire very lax one

Employment check only includes period of employment and salary right?

since its not a reference check, i suppose no involvement in checking on performance and etc i suppose? i previously left on a bad note due to difference in opinion with my direct superior ....:(

Unregistered 13-05-2021 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PleaseGPGT (Post 168568)
Employment check only includes period of employment and salary right?

since its not a reference check, i suppose no involvement in checking on performance and etc i suppose? i previously left on a bad note due to difference in opinion with my direct superior ....:(

Usually covers reason for termination too, unfortunately... this is why it's advisable to put a reference in such cases so u can control who they speak to

PleaseGPGT 13-05-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168584)
Usually covers reason for termination too, unfortunately... this is why it's advisable to put a reference in such cases so u can control who they speak to

I wasn't terminated though. If never put, means they speak to HR?

Unregistered 13-05-2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PleaseGPGT (Post 168597)
I wasn't terminated though. If never put, means they speak to HR?

If its background check by 3rd parties on HR request, they will contact the person you were reporting to if you had a previous employment
If its done directly by HR, they usually will contact HR first and might contact your reporting surpervisor

Unregistered 13-05-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168609)
If its background check by 3rd parties on HR request, they will contact the person you were reporting to if you had a previous employment
If its done directly by HR, they usually will contact HR first and might contact your reporting surpervisor

Never ever leave on a bad note hoping it goes unnoticed. We rejected our first choice before because the person’s previous manager had negative feedback on that person. If it’s just one person you had bad blood with you can give more reference contacts from the same company, if you can’t even find one who can give an alternative opinion on you then the problem is with you.