Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Barclays (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1364-barclays.html)

schweini 09-06-2011 11:58 AM

Barclays

What is the current fresh grad salary for a finance role in Barclays?

Also, what should someone with 3 years of experience (1.5 in audit, 1.5 in investment bank) if they are applying for a finance analyst position in Barclays?

Unregistered 09-06-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schweini (Post 13078)

Also, what should someone with 3 years of experience (1.5 in audit, 1.5 in investment bank) if they are applying for a finance analyst position in Barclays?

Fresh grad I am not sure ( i dont think they take in fresh grad? usually experienced hires from audit firms?

I heard 3 years exp can get about 5-7k at least (really depends your working exp relevance and how you negotiate)..but expect long working hours.. usually 9am to 9pm is very common apparently in finance roles in investment banks.

Unregistered 12-06-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 13095)
Fresh grad I am not sure ( i dont think they take in fresh grad? usually experienced hires from audit firms?

I heard 3 years exp can get about 5-7k at least (really depends your working exp relevance and how you negotiate)..but expect long working hours.. usually 9am to 9pm is very common apparently in finance roles in investment banks.

No lo... Barclays is 8.5k for 2 years exp with a 12 round interview...

Unregistered 12-06-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 13164)
No lo... Barclays is 8.5k for 2 years exp with a 12 round interview...

It really depends on which business unit you are going to...

But what I have learnt is that... with high pay comes high expectations (and LONG working hours)..

For me, I rather give up some of my pay for a better work life balance.. trust me.. it will make a big difference in your life...

Unregistered 12-06-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

If you're not already in the Graduate Scheme, you will not get in as a fresh grad.

Unregistered 13-06-2011 04:40 PM

Working hours are ok for middle to back end. 9am to 9pm is really quite reasonable. Pay for middle to back end is around 5-6K, but expect very low increment, <$300 or stagnant.

It's not difficult to get in, you don't need 12 round or interview or graduate program.

For finance, typically, they recruit Singaporeans from big 4 but it helps when you know someone inside.

For IT, you just need to be an indian even if you are a fresh grad from 3rd rate universities.

Having said that, I don't know anyone from front office, which might have very different requirements.

Unregistered 14-06-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 13206)
Working hours are ok for middle to back end. 9am to 9pm is really quite reasonable. Pay for middle to back end is around 5-6K, but expect very low increment, <$300 or stagnant.

It's not difficult to get in, you don't need 12 round or interview or graduate program.

For finance, typically, they recruit Singaporeans from big 4 but it helps when you know someone inside.

For IT, you just need to be an indian even if you are a fresh grad from 3rd rate universities.

Having said that, I don't know anyone from front office, which might have very different requirements.

Thread-starter asked about getting in as fresh grad.
Are you sure you don't need to be in some grad program to get in?

Unregistered 14-06-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Barclays pays good, from what you mention about 14k/pm excl bonus for Analyst. But I believe with your relevant experience, you will go in straight as Associate which pays around 21-29k/mth excl bonus.

Unregistered 14-06-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 13221)
Barclays pays good, from what you mention about 14k/pm excl bonus for Analyst. But I believe with your relevant experience, you will go in straight as Associate which pays around 21-29k/mth excl bonus.

so low? last time i heard, analyst pay 125k/pm excl bonus and associate around 500k/pm.

hahahhahahaha. yeah right. twit.

Unregistered 14-06-2011 11:37 AM

I make 400k a month flipping pratas.