Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Barclays

Old 11-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Default @sfl

mate
what u r drawing may be accurate, but no need to resort to calling people idiots.
they may not be exposed to these industries/jobs which pay mega bucks as yet.
live n let live.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Unregistered2

all of you argue so much for what. the fact you all (myself included) have jobs and are getting a pay means that we are all losers

Old 11-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered2 View Post
all of you argue so much for what. the fact you all (myself included) have jobs and are getting a pay means that we are all losers
we're all working for someone else. but i don't mind collecting a few millions a year....

Old 12-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
mate
what u r drawing may be accurate, but no need to resort to calling people idiots.
they may not be exposed to these industries/jobs which pay mega bucks as yet.
live n let live.
I'm trying to smack some sense into some of these people and tell them that these things are within reach if you try hard enough. But that being said, the majority of people are big pussies and are not willing to put the effort in to secure good jobs such as these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered2 View Post
Yes, better work on your million dollar idea then son. Entrepreneurship is not for everyone.
Old 13-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm an analyst. I'm not in compliance. If you're really in Barclays, which I doubt, given your narrow view.... Did you not bother to check or ask around what people around are getting? I do not think it's a big secret. I know many of my colleagues are getting much higher than me, they make no attempts to hide it because it's widely known anyway.
Well yes, entry-level grads are all known as analyst. Doesn't matter if you are in compliance, FICC, sales, operations, everyone starts off with the “analyst” rank. So you have not given your role in the bank.

Perhaps if you had joined Barclays in 06 or 07, things were rosier and you would have more credibility. Over the years, Barclays has moderated its salary and fresh grads are given much less. I'm in back-middle office, earning $4K+ as a fresh grad in 2009. I know it's not top dollar and it less than what my seniors are getting when they join as fresh grad. But it's acceptable and it's still average to above average compared to my peers. I know at least a senior who got pay cut and no bonuses last year. Was extremely upset after performance review with the director.

I recognize Barclays pays “well” but the reality is that not everyone gets the top dollar. Fresh grad without knowing the right people is unlikely to earn above 100K.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 16-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Serious?

Quote:
DBS MAs (undergrads) are definitely getting 4k. But its weird that their IB analysts are getting less than 3k.
Are you referring to their IB front office analysts? 'cause analyst is oso a fresh grad corporate rank. So one can work in IB back office but still call themselves "IB analyst"

Old 17-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Well yes, entry-level grads are all known as analyst. Doesn't matter if you are in compliance, FICC, sales, operations, everyone starts off with the “analyst” rank. So you have not given your role in the bank.

Perhaps if you had joined Barclays in 06 or 07, things were rosier and you would have more credibility. Over the years, Barclays has moderated its salary and fresh grads are given much less. I'm in back-middle office, earning $4K+ as a fresh grad in 2009. I know it's not top dollar and it less than what my seniors are getting when they join as fresh grad. But it's acceptable and it's still average to above average compared to my peers. I know at least a senior who got pay cut and no bonuses last year. Was extremely upset after performance review with the director.

I recognize Barclays pays “well” but the reality is that not everyone gets the top dollar. Fresh grad without knowing the right people is unlikely to earn above 100K.
or so you think.
Old 17-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

All I know is what I do and how much I make. Which is the purpose this thread. I dunno what compliance and back office is making and I won't refute because I have no basis. I can only tell you I'm from neither.

I dun wanna reveal what my role is, given what I've provided, people in the industry can guess. All I wanna say is, if you are not me. I dun think you can deny what I've said. If not there's no need for this thread. Why dun everyone just PM you?

Cheers.

Quote:

Old 22-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

hi all, im going for my MA position interview with OCBC soon.

Did anyone went for the interview before? And honestly....how much is the pay range like?
Old 22-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi all, im going for my MA position interview with OCBC soon.

Did anyone went for the interview before? And honestly....how much is the pay range like?
Yes, at my time, it was a one day affair, with a series of tests, and also a group session and a presentation. If u pass the first round, u get an interview with the head of the division u are keen on.

Pay scale is very wide, and depends on your past experience. Can range from about $4 to $7 k plus.

Caveat is that my experience is a few years old, so may not be correct now.

It's a good place to be. Very progressive and good opportunities for MAs but MA turnover quite high.

Gd luck.