Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How to answer "why you left your previous job?" (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13595-how-answer-why-you-left-your-previous-job.html)

PleaseGPGT 22-04-2021 09:26 PM

How to answer "why you left your previous job?"

whats a good answer?

Unregistered 22-04-2021 10:01 PM

Wanted to try something new, *how diff company/sector that you're applying for is compared to your current company* what kind of experience you actually want to build up that you probably won't have if you stayed in your previous role

khhome06 23-04-2021 08:51 AM

Hijack your thread.

I cant find a good answer to "why you want to join gov sector".

Honest answer will be my current boss s**k, i want a stable job, less stressful environment than my current one man do all. However i dont think i can said any of the above.

I also consider like proud to be civil servant i love my country, i want to contribute directly but afraid interviewers will laugh, dont think anyone will believe.

Unregistered 23-04-2021 09:12 AM

I wanted to realise my dream of striking toto and tendering immediately after

PleaseGPGT 24-04-2021 11:09 AM

up this thread

khhome06 24-04-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PleaseGPGT (Post 166413)
up this thread

No one seem interested to reply.
By the way, yours is Gov or private? If private, best for you to invest in one of the interview book, got alot of sample answers.

PleaseGPGT 25-04-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khhome06 (Post 166421)
No one seem interested to reply.
By the way, yours is Gov or private? If private, best for you to invest in one of the interview book, got alot of sample answers.

private...

LeGozt 25-04-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khhome06 (Post 166258)
Hijack your thread.

I cant find a good answer to "why you want to join gov sector".

Honest answer will be my current boss s**k, i want a stable job, less stressful environment than my current one man do all. However i dont think i can said any of the above.

I also consider like proud to be civil servant i love my country, i want to contribute directly but afraid interviewers will laugh, dont think anyone will believe.

I think no reasonable interviewer will laugh at your responses. I'd advise you to be honest and open. All the reasons you mentioned above are reasonable. If you are really expecting better work life balance for example, then it'll be in your best interest to clearly communicate this, if not you'd risk giving your potential future employer the wrong expectation of you.

khhome06 30-04-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PleaseGPGT (Post 166550)
private...

Private just go buy any interview book from any major bookshop or go library can liao, got alot of sample response.