What are the valid and good reasons to give for leaving ex company during job - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

What are the valid and good reasons to give for leaving ex company during job

Old 08-04-2021, 04:34 PM

Eugene is on a distinguished road
Default What are the valid and good reasons to give for leaving ex company during job

What are the good and valid reasons that you can give during job interview when they ask you why you want to leave your ex job?

If you want to give the standard reasons such as looking for better prospects, this reason only works if you are still in the job and going for job interview and you also work at least 1 year in the job.

If you only work 6 months in the job than you resign and try to find a new job, saying you are looking for better prospects is confirm nonsense especially if the new job offer you a lower salary.

What are the valid and true reasons that you can give during job interview?

These reasons can anot?

A. My manager always give unclear instructions. For eg, she draw out a organisation chart. She ask me follow it and do it using excel. After I follow her instruction, she ask me do you think this is presentable, than she ask me to google for some samples to follow.

B. Manager like to macro manage. She will say in my email I cannot write sentences such as refer to attach, attach is your requested document etc. This is too informal. She will give me a timetable everyday to follow, such as 9am to 10am do task A, 10am to 12pm do task B, 12pm to 1pm go lunch. 1pm to 2pm do task C etc

Old 08-04-2021, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

I would suggest giving a bit general statements and not sound specific.

6 months into the job, I found myself at a crossroads as there was not much prospect as what I was doing was very different to the job offered to me, I tried speaking to my manager but (he/she) could not promise me any affirmative actions.
I know I would have excelled as a <job role> given the skill sets I have.

But this is imo.

Old 08-04-2021, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Would anyone seriously act as per outlined in B?

Old 08-04-2021, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Some of the excuse I give and I never use the better prospect cause who want to hire you later 6 months you jump again...

A) want to change industry because I'm interested in this field and I believe I have the skills to bring to the company
B) previous job travel distance is exhausting. Looking for a job closer and I find this company to be well situated.
C) I tried my best but unfortunately I don't fit into the previous company culture (my nice way of saying I'm not like them but won't go into details)
D) or if you feel like it... I always wonder what it will be like to work for a company in xxxx and I just decided to give it ago and see whether I got what it takes... Then ask back the question to the interviewer what specific skills they looking for...
Old 08-04-2021, 05:39 PM

Eugene is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some of the excuse I give and I never use the better prospect cause who want to hire you later 6 months you jump again...

A) want to change industry because I'm interested in this field and I believe I have the skills to bring to the company
B) previous job travel distance is exhausting. Looking for a job closer and I find this company to be well situated.
C) I tried my best but unfortunately I don't fit into the previous company culture (my nice way of saying I'm not like them but won't go into details)
D) or if you feel like it... I always wonder what it will be like to work for a company in xxxx and I just decided to give it ago and see whether I got what it takes... Then ask back the question to the interviewer what specific skills they looking for...
If I am the interviewer I will ask you for details..
Old 11-04-2021, 04:04 PM

PleaseGPGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

wont interviewers ask for details for c?

Old 12-04-2021, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
What are the good and valid reasons that you can give during job interview when they ask you why you want to leave your ex job?

If you want to give the standard reasons such as looking for better prospects, this reason only works if you are still in the job and going for job interview and you also work at least 1 year in the job.

If you only work 6 months in the job than you resign and try to find a new job, saying you are looking for better prospects is confirm nonsense especially if the new job offer you a lower salary.

What are the valid and true reasons that you can give during job interview?

These reasons can anot?

A. My manager always give unclear instructions. For eg, she draw out a organisation chart. She ask me follow it and do it using excel. After I follow her instruction, she ask me do you think this is presentable, than she ask me to google for some samples to follow.

B. Manager like to macro manage. She will say in my email I cannot write sentences such as refer to attach, attach is your requested document etc. This is too informal. She will give me a timetable everyday to follow, such as 9am to 10am do task A, 10am to 12pm do task B, 12pm to 1pm go lunch. 1pm to 2pm do task C etc
the job has no challenge and no prospect. just be frank. the more important thing is to show you believe in the role you are applying and have the capability to excel in it.
Old 15-04-2021, 12:32 AM

COVID-19 is on a distinguished road

The reasons you give are not big picture enough.

When they ask Why do you want to leave current role, you should Focus on what is good about the new job.

That's how i successfully pass my interview after 9 months in my old job. I said that i'm a fast learner so i picked up everything already and i also observe the career path can only be in sales/relationship management (which is true bc even in big 4, directors are supposed to bring in clients). I don't want to do sales bc im more interested in technical stuff. And how ppl stay in jobs long can be for many reasons doesnt mean they r the best type of ppl your company shd hire.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app