Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Which offer is better? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13532-offer-better.html)

[email protected] 27-03-2021 06:12 PM

Which offer is better?

Dilemma - advice needed; which option to choose
Hi

I need an advise.

I have been offered IT intern role by 2 different companies for 4.5 months: GovTech and DBS young seeder

But I am unsure on which offer to accept.

Should i work in GovTech or DBS?

Monthly stipend wise, govtech is paying me almost 1000$ more than what DBS has to offer and is fully work from home - not sure about the plan after 5 April. (my spending habit is that i am rather conservative)

Workload wise DBS might be slightly relaxed compared to govtech but might need to go onsite.

Any advice on which company should I choose. I know that the government agency names in SG are always changing few years down the road lol.

Which one would you all recommend me to choose?

Really in a dilemma. Pls advice. Thanks

Unregistered 27-03-2021 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 162052)
Hi

I need an advise.

I have been offered IT intern role by 2 different companies for 4.5 months: GovTech and DBS young seeder

Monthly stipend wise, govtech is paying me almost 1000$ more than what DBS has to offer and is fully work from home - not sure about the plan after 5 April. (my spending habit is that i am rather conservative)

Workload wise DBS might be slightly relaxed compared to govtech but might need to go onsite.

Any advice on which company should I choose. I know that the government agency names in SG are always changing few years down the road lol.

imo, GovTech. it's more reputable (being a tech company) as compared to working in a financial services company. Exit opportunities are more attractive too.

Unregistered 27-03-2021 10:10 PM

Dbs. Easier to convert + good to have a non-fully WFH exp.

Unregistered 27-03-2021 10:16 PM

go dbs for sure

Unregistered 27-03-2021 10:22 PM

depends. which department in GovTech? if you're in OGP or GDS, go for GovTech

Unregistered 27-03-2021 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 162052)
Hi

I need an advise.

Govtech depends on the department and internship scope.
DBS since it is wfh, it is not exactly the best for internship since you would want to learn and face to face learning is always better

Unregistered 28-03-2021 12:50 AM

DBS for sure. Exit opportunities from there are great

Unregistered 28-03-2021 01:29 AM

no doubt dbs

Unregistered 28-03-2021 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 162078)
Govtech depends on the department and internship scope.
DBS since it is wfh, it is not exactly the best for internship since you would want to learn and face to face learning is always better

Learn to read man. Dbs is not WFH

Unregistered 28-03-2021 10:07 AM

Any career in the public sector is a dead end job