Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Associate in DBS (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1344-associate-dbs.html)

Unregistered 30-11-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18387)
That's really strange..with 5 yrs' exp and they didn't offer u AVP rank? Even for your friend who's making 6k still associate?? We are talking about DBS rite..btw, I'm also associate, making 3.5k/mth only. Guess I'm underpaid.

yup DBS..and my friend joined them from a big 4 accounting firm as an associate with 6+K a month. But given our exp probably would be due for promotion in a year or 2?

I have since moved to a foreign bank with an even lower rank lol..but they pay 20% more. But pay is always > rank.

Unregistered 30-11-2011 05:46 PM

6k in 5 yrs ? MA program in foreign banks is a joke then lol..my starting pay is already 5k+

Unregistered 30-11-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18511)
6k in 5 yrs ? MA program in foreign banks is a joke then lol..my starting pay is already 5k+

Big deal. You still have to show up in office and brown nose up your bosses. I sit at home and collect more than your slavery income.

Unregistered 01-12-2011 11:09 AM

There is a difference between MA program and Associate rank.

Your starting pay 5k is nothing to brag about. Top grads earn close to 10k starting pay. They probably think your start pay is a joke as well LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18511)
6k in 5 yrs ? MA program in foreign banks is a joke then lol..my starting pay is already 5k+


Unregistered 01-12-2011 11:47 AM

Lol thread derailed by chest puffing trumpet blowers who earn more than ordinary folks.

Associate 01-12-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18508)
yup DBS..and my friend joined them from a big 4 accounting firm as an associate with 6+K a month. But given our exp probably would be due for promotion in a year or 2?

I have since moved to a foreign bank with an even lower rank lol..but they pay 20% more. But pay is always > rank.

So your rank is analyst now in the foreign bank? I guess to sum it up, there is a quite a huge range in the pay within a particular rank. Another thread someone was saying that he got close to 9k as a AVP in a local bank. If your friend as an associate can get 6k+ I guess it's true then..

Unregistered 01-12-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Associate (Post 18538)
So your rank is analyst now in the foreign bank? I guess to sum it up, there is a quite a huge range in the pay within a particular rank. Another thread someone was saying that he got close to 9k as a AVP in a local bank. If your friend as an associate can get 6k+ I guess it's true then..

A senior officer in my new place. Rank structure as follows:

Officer > Senior Officer > Assistant Manager > AVP > VP > SVP > EVP

Lol.. not even assistant manager rank with ~7 years of experience. But about 5.5K per month.

Unregistered 01-12-2011 02:59 PM

To a certain extent, It doesn't matter what they call you but how much they pay you.

I used to be quite good friends with HR compensation colleague. There is a rank bandwith and depends on the bank policy, it either needs certain type of approval or strictly no exceeding.

I had a colleague who had worked 30 years for a foreign bank. As he did not have a degree, his rank was stucked at AVP. He told me that because of his rank cap, he have not been able to get any annual increment for several years.

As I was told, the rank below AVP has a cap of up to 10k per month. This is a ceiling and it does not necessarily mean that most people at that rank (i.e. 1 below avp) earn 10k pm.

It makes sense for a large bank with so many employees. Some sort of pay structure/scheme must be in place or else there is no consistency throughout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18539)
A senior officer in my new place. Rank structure as follows:

Officer > Senior Officer > Assistant Manager > AVP > VP > SVP > EVP

Lol.. not even assistant manager rank with ~7 years of experience. But about 5.5K per month.


Unregistered 01-12-2011 05:59 PM

Aiyo, you just graduate & start to work isit? Everyone with work exp know that there is such a thing as salary band.

The question is what exactly is the band in terms of min & max for each rank? You write long essay but never answer the most important question...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18540)
To a certain extent, It doesn't matter what they call you but how much they pay you.

I used to be quite good friends with HR compensation colleague. There is a rank bandwith and depends on the bank policy, it either needs certain type of approval or strictly no exceeding.

I had a colleague who had worked 30 years for a foreign bank. As he did not have a degree, his rank was stucked at AVP. He told me that because of his rank cap, he have not been able to get any annual increment for several years.

As I was told, the rank below AVP has a cap of up to 10k per month. This is a ceiling and it does not necessarily mean that most people at that rank (i.e. 1 below avp) earn 10k pm.

It makes sense for a large bank with so many employees. Some sort of pay structure/scheme must be in place or else there is no consistency throughout.


fxster 30-12-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18376)
er.. i dunno when you were in DBS but DBS doesn't have manager rank. They have a very flat rank structure which goes

Analyst -> Associate -> AVP -> VP -> SVP -> MD

Thats all they have for ranks.

I joined as an associate with 5 years of experience doing corporate credit at $4.4K. I had another friend join also as an associate doing risk management for bond valuations think he had ~$6k. Also associate too.

Unless you are clerical staff DBS does not pay AWS. So its strictly 12th months.

Did u have 5 years of pure credit experience without other experiences? $4.4k sounds abit low, too low in fact.

I had 3-4 credit experience only, but 9yrs of working experiences including audit firms and corporate finance. Currently not in Credit Analyst but trying to get in (not particularly DBS, but any bank). Do u think it's reasonable for me to ask for >$7k?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2