Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Capgemini tester trainee (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13416-capgemini-tester-trainee.html)

Unregistered 15-02-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156258)
Low ses outsourced staff. Probably flooded with UOL/ RMIT ppl
The pay for 3k or not?

at least 5k for this job

scrooge mcduck 15-02-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156271)
at least 5k for this job

5k your head lah. Around mid 3s at best.

Unregistered 15-02-2021 03:45 PM

Most likely u will be Outsourced and deployed somewhere.
Really is heng suay one, depend on ur client heavily

Unregistered 24-02-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156292)
Most likely u will be Outsourced and deployed somewhere.
Really is heng suay one, depend on ur client heavily

If deploy to UOB is good or bad? ):

Unregistered 25-02-2021 04:14 PM

Avoid at all cost. Software vendors like capgemini, nityo, luxoft, optimum solutions- avoid at all cost. Slightly higher starting salary, no bonus, work with CECA, just flip prata everyday.

Unregistered 25-02-2021 04:45 PM

Very true. I would gladly take a 10-20% lower salary to not have to work in the same team as Cecas. Scum of the workplace.

Unregistered 25-02-2021 07:40 PM

Can’t say for other vendor solutions companies out there but the ones I know are filled with people from a particular nationality. Look into your contract, most of the time they will require you to be bonded, have 3 months notice period, you will be required to pay for the trainings your received during your bond/ training period should you break your bond. After your training period, you will be assigned to a client. If your client works your team to the bones, then good luck to you. Your team will be led by someone from your company. Some of these companies couldn’t assign you to another client once your project is completed or if you decide to leave the project. Some people I know had to leave once they are on bench for 6 months.

Unregistered 26-02-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157110)
Can’t say for other vendor solutions companies out there but the ones I know are filled with people from a particular nationality. Look into your contract, most of the time they will require you to be bonded, have 3 months notice period, you will be required to pay for the trainings your received during your bond/ training period should you break your bond. After your training period, you will be assigned to a client. If your client works your team to the bones, then good luck to you. Your team will be led by someone from your company. Some of these companies couldn’t assign you to another client once your project is completed or if you decide to leave the project. Some people I know had to leave once they are on bench for 6 months.

Wow! How long is typically the training period???

Sounds like horrible terms, if pay back training fee how much will it be typically?

Unregistered 27-02-2021 07:24 PM

YMMV. One vendor colleague I worked with who was a fresh grad a few years back, had to be bonded for 2 years. 3 months pay if that colleague broke the bond. Not sure how the trainings were conducted. Some of them were UAT testers, others were for MX BO, MX implementation, MX upgrade, others did control M stuff. I knew a few of them a few years back. I think some stayed on and left after completing their bond, some others broke the bond and paid the penalty. It really depends if you really enjoy the work of a ‘consultant’. That’s how these companies brand themselves. If you are really in need of a job, sure go ahead and see how it’s like. If not, avoid.

Unregistered 27-02-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157285)
YMMV. One vendor colleague I worked with who was a fresh grad a few years back, had to be bonded for 2 years. 3 months pay if that colleague broke the bond. Not sure how the trainings were conducted. Some of them were UAT testers, others were for MX BO, MX implementation, MX upgrade, others did control M stuff. I knew a few of them a few years back. I think some stayed on and left after completing their bond, some others broke the bond and paid the penalty. It really depends if you really enjoy the work of a ‘consultant’. That’s how these companies brand themselves. If you are really in need of a job, sure go ahead and see how it’s like. If not, avoid.

All these “consultants” are just cheap SWE labours.
No real value.
Wtf 3 mth bond is crazy.