Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2021, 07:58 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 2
DLostMan is on a distinguished road
Default Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary

Hi,

Is expecting 5k for fresh grad salary with the current situation acceptable? I did averagely (2nd class) from a Russel Grp uni in UK. Have an offer for 4 but feel undervalued. (1 Year Contract, no bonus) (Its also my 1st offer) Based of 2019 Grad Salary Review I feel 5 is acceptable.

However, I feel currently a lot of companies try to go on the extreme low end 3.5 etc. Have companies telling me its too high and to get back should I agree to the 3 ish range.

Could I hear back from recent grads who recently secured jobs? What is the expected salary of fresh CS grads?

Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2021, 10:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Not all companies can afford 5k salary for fresh grad. You have to set your target at the right companies, there are plenty of opportunities for 5/6k jobs but just a matter of whether you can secure any. Good luck!

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2021, 10:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLostMan View Post
Hi,

Is expecting 5k for fresh grad salary with the current situation acceptable? I did averagely (2nd class) from a Russel Grp uni in UK. Have an offer for 4 but feel undervalued. (1 Year Contract, no bonus) (Its also my 1st offer) Based of [URL="s://.salary.sg/2020/graduate-employment-survey-2019-published-2020/"]2019 Grad Salary Review[/ I feel 5 is acceptable.

However, I feel currently a lot of companies try to go on the extreme low end 3.5 etc. Have companies telling me its too high and to get back should I agree to the 3 ish range.

Could I hear back from recent grads who recently secured jobs? What is the expected salary of fresh CS grads?

Thanks
Below average wld be 3k - 4k
Normal pay 4k - 5k, Accenture
Slightly Abv 5k+ from Shopee, Banks, Tech Graduate programmes
Godlikes go into Google, FB, Apple, Bytedance. 7k onwards

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2021, 10:56 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 2
DLostMan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Below average wld be 3k - 4k
Normal pay 4k - 5k, Accenture
Slightly Abv 5k+ from Shopee, Banks, Tech Graduate programmes
Godlikes go into Google, FB, Apple, Bytedance. 7k onwards
I got 4k Accenture from the recruiter - 1-year contract (no bonus) + 2month training (1k allowance) with the recruiter and I've tried asking more, they keep saying its max :/

Gut feeling the recruiter pocketing the rest - when I ask for more I keep being told its max.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2021, 11:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Try not to go through an agency or any external recruiters to get the job offer/contract as much as possible as they take a significant cut. Apply to companies directly!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2021, 12:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLostMan View Post
I got 4k Accenture from the recruiter - 1-year contract (no bonus) + 2month training (1k allowance) with the recruiter and I've tried asking more, they keep saying its max :/

Gut feeling the recruiter pocketing the rest - when I ask for more I keep being told its max.
From what I have seen, Accenture is 3.9k salary + 300 allowance, AWS and bonus for software engineer role.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2021, 12:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From what I have seen, Accenture is 3.9k salary + 300 allowance, AWS and bonus for software engineer role.
That's 3.9k + 300 more than what you are getting
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2021, 09:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

4.5k full time all in is possible
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2021, 10:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLostMan View Post
Hi,

Is expecting 5k for fresh grad salary with the current situation acceptable? I did averagely (2nd class) from a Russel Grp uni in UK. Have an offer for 4 but feel undervalued. (1 Year Contract, no bonus) (Its also my 1st offer) Based of [URL="s://.salary.sg/2020/graduate-employment-survey-2019-published-2020/"]2019 Grad Salary Review[/ I feel 5 is acceptable.

However, I feel currently a lot of companies try to go on the extreme low end 3.5 etc. Have companies telling me its too high and to get back should I agree to the 3 ish range.

Could I hear back from recent grads who recently secured jobs? What is the expected salary of fresh CS grads?

Thanks
Fresh grad need a reality check.
This coming from a comp Sci nus graduate class of 2015.
3.5k
3.8k
4.2k
4.4k
4.6k
4.8k

I don't claim to be scholar or godlike. I'm second upper.
Havr developed and deployed actual working applications.
Website. Mobile. Web services. Reporting. Sql. Prototype. WiFi. Data analytics basic algorithms.
Image processing.

For a fresh grad to claim 5k is the acceptable starting pay. What a joke.
Each year I see fresh grad asking for than working people.

And yet they can't even write a simple working app with exception handling!!!!
Who we kidding fresh grad experience is limited to just computer lab work.

For an industry to value fresh grad over proven working experience is aslap in the face.
No wonder so many imposter syndrome in IT from fresh grad.

All throw out theory like they have value. If you can't write code to actualize a concept from a requirement spec to something user can use touch and pay money for.

Why do you think you are worth 5k???

I blame this on the government. Its the same thing they did back in the earlier days.. Engineering push bit engineers end up not getting really good pay. Then they push for bio engineering, life sciences I see my classmates from those branch come up with no job, join insurance etc.

Now government pushing for tech industry. Smart nation bullshit.
Here's a newsflash the tech industry bubble is in 2000 during the time of Google Facebook etc.

Honestly this gives me good ammo to abuse fresh grad who join!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2021, 10:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fresh grad need a reality check.
This coming from a comp Sci nus graduate class of 2015.
3.5k
3.8k
4.2k
4.4k
4.6k
4.8k

I don't claim to be scholar or godlike. I'm second upper.
Havr developed and deployed actual working applications.
Website. Mobile. Web services. Reporting. Sql. Prototype. WiFi. Data analytics basic algorithms.
Image processing.

For a fresh grad to claim 5k is the acceptable starting pay. What a joke.
Each year I see fresh grad asking for than working people.

And yet they can't even write a simple working app with exception handling!!!!
Who we kidding fresh grad experience is limited to just computer lab work.

For an industry to value fresh grad over proven working experience is aslap in the face.
No wonder so many imposter syndrome in IT from fresh grad.

All throw out theory like they have value. If you can't write code to actualize a concept from a requirement spec to something user can use touch and pay money for.

Why do you think you are worth 5k???

I blame this on the government. Its the same thing they did back in the earlier days.. Engineering push bit engineers end up not getting really good pay. Then they push for bio engineering, life sciences I see my classmates from those branch come up with no job, join insurance etc.

Now government pushing for tech industry. Smart nation bullshit.
Here's a newsflash the tech industry bubble is in 2000 during the time of Google Facebook etc.

Honestly this gives me good ammo to abuse fresh grad who join!!!
Get on with the time lah trash, now 2015 ah? Every decent 2nd upper in CS can get 4.5k above lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
computer science, cs degree, job, programming, salary

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Career Advice for Comp Sci Grad: GIC or GovTech newbread Income and Jobs 4 09-10-2019 07:31 AM
Career Advice for Comp Sci Grad: Banking or Public sector job? sggirl Income and Jobs 5 02-12-2018 11:53 PM
Looking for routline, SOP job to do for computer Science grad zero_88 Income and Jobs 10 18-09-2016 10:11 AM
NTU Computer Science Fresh Grad looking for advice rorror Income and Jobs 38 07-06-2016 09:10 PM
fesh science grad to other industries dragon Income and Jobs 4 19-02-2014 12:09 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
New Job Offer that only match... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 4,901 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,957 Replies, 1,817,118 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,748 Replies, 7,503,642 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
518 Replies, 348,847 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,402 Replies, 4,849,968 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,126 Replies, 1,332,910 Views
Can share your your car... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 15,144 Views
Facility Engineer ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 7,770 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 39,269 Views
Career options for a fresh...
6 Replies, 831 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
524 Replies, 298,498 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 11,383 Views
Shell Graduate program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
160 Replies, 146,321 Views
FD Technologies
0 Replies, 36 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,075 Replies, 2,584,910 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,211 Replies, 2,601,854 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,071 Replies, 569,543 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,461 Replies, 1,404,809 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,884 Replies, 630,956 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,944 Replies, 1,466,920 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 10,043 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
483 Replies, 290,275 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,791 Replies, 4,423,841 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,122 Replies, 275,378 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 73,545 Views
Fresh grad programmer earning... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 15,144 Views
Working at Changi Business Park ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 7,413 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 224,281 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2