Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary

Old 20-01-2021, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL IBM sucks. My company tried out to use IBM lotus notes instead of Microsoft exchange I think cheaper option or so...

It's so ugly and not intuitive.... End up alot of user complain.. End up management cancelled the IBM notes after 1 year and went back to Microsoft outlook.

Must be your friend develop IBM notes. Can tell its made by fresh grad
Erm , I wrote there previously he is full stack developer, maybe I should make it clear, full stack WEB developer.

Old 20-01-2021, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
That's the difference between senior and fresh grad
Senior write code so human can understand.

Fresh grad write code only for computer to understand.
You work 10 years review code you'll know.
Isit? So you are still a senior after 10 years? Most people move on to management path already. People after 10 years manage projects, not codes. Code review is done by same level people, peer to peer one fyi

Old 20-01-2021, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Isit? So you are still a senior after 10 years? Most people move on to management path already. People after 10 years manage projects, not codes. Code review is done by same level people, peer to peer one fyi
No le customer want this feature etc. I task fresh grad to gather the requirement etc.
I see the document, then I sign.

Freb grad code etc.
I review see got quality or not. Badly written code I reject.

My job very easy one la.
Then if need to design system tender etc. I already have template ready based on my past project experience...
If something new etc I just task the fresh grad to research and tell me the result.

I like to stay grounded to the code level. So when the fresh grad want to ******** me this one hard that one difficult. I say show me the code... And usually they haven't even wrote any code then its already hard

Hard so don't have to do right
Then i always tell them then we pay you for what? Pack your bag to home. We can hire another fresh grad

Seniors all want work life balance. All want to go home. Don't want stress.
Only fresh grad voluntarily stay overtime work for free we just give then 100 to 200 dollars more.. Very easy to hire fresh grad one..

But whether they can deliver or not its a different story

Old 20-01-2021, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
No le customer want this feature etc. I task fresh grad to gather the requirement etc.

Freb grad code etc.

My job very easy one la.
Then if need to design system tender etc. I already have template ready based on my past project experience...
If something new etc I just task the fresh grad to research and tell me the result.

I like to stay grounded to the code level. So when the fresh grad want to ******** me this one hard that one difficult. I say show me the code... And usually they haven't even wrote any code then its already hard

Then i always tell them then we pay you for what? Pack your bag to home. We can hire another fresh grad

Only fresh grad voluntarily stay overtime work for free we just give then 100 to 200 dollars more.. Very easy to hire fresh grad one..

You obviously do not work in a tech company OR your tech company is seriously screwed up (pls expose which company it is so we can avoid).

You know that person is a fresh grad, you still task that person to go gather requirements from your client? If you want that fresh grad to do it, you should at least ask a senior (be it tech lead or project manager) to tag along so the fresh grad can learn. If you did not do that, you are the one tarnishing your company's reputation.

Code quality is peer reviewed by people who are in touch with the latest tech, but from the way you type things, that person who review the code SHOULD not be you. Again, this step will tarnish your company's rep.

You say you like to stay grounded to code level, may I know what is your position in the company? Things you say always contradict each other.

So are you really working inside a tech company or no? The people here can decide for themselves after looking at what you posted.
Old 20-01-2021, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Freb grad code etc.

My job very easy one la.

Btw, really curious about your position and your company. It seems so different from other companies out there when I ask around.
Old 20-01-2021, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Btw, really curious about your position and your company. It seems so different from other companies out there when I ask around.
NCS. Started from fresh grad 2009
Consultant.
Senior consultant.
Lead consultant.
Now associate director but I'm still pretty much the lead consultant for a few existing maintenance project which I developed, maintained and responsible.

Old 20-01-2021, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Consultant.
Senior consultant.
Lead consultant.
Now associate director but I'm still pretty much the lead consultant for a few existing maintenance project which I developed, maintained and responsible.
No wonder. You must be stuck with those project 2 years development. 3 years maintenance mode kind..
Old 20-01-2021, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Consultant.
Senior consultant.
Lead consultant.
Oh NCS.. The kind of fresh grad they hire is 2nd lower kind...they still pay them quite a good pay, at least I would say, for 2nd lower, still the highest among all other tech companies. Pls go check out your recently hired fresh grads and see their class honours.

Now the fresh grads WFH btw.

Heard from friend very little guidance one. Surprised that you managed to stay so long.

Anyway which dept are you in? I personally know a few people inside, Kenneth, Lancer, etc.. from the DevOps side and other depts.

Would like to hear their opinions on you. Just state department will do
Old 20-01-2021, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh NCS.. The kind of fresh grad they hire is 2nd lower kind...they still pay them quite a good pay, at least I would say, for 2nd lower, still the highest among all other tech companies. Pls go check out your recently hired fresh grads and see their class honours.

Now the fresh grads WFH btw.

Heard from friend very little guidance one. Surprised that you managed to stay so long.

Anyway which dept are you in? I personally know a few people inside, Kenneth, Lancer, etc.. from the DevOps side and other depts.

Would like to hear their opinions on you. Just state department will do
Maybe thats why you always think fresh grads cannot deliver, BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE WRONG COMPANY. Just look at the kind of fresh grads they are hiring
Old 20-01-2021, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Maybe thats why you always think fresh grads cannot deliver, BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE WRONG COMPANY. Just look at the kind of fresh grads they are hiring
I'm not sure how fresh grad can deliver.
If the same programing task in school lab assignment also can't finish in 2 weeks.
How on earth can the same fresh grab finish the same task in 2 weeks in working world?

If can't do, is can't do de. Your honor only tell me you did well on the exam.
It doesn't tell me you have the expertise to design and build and enterprise system with no downtime... E.g. Luggage management system in airport? Can you design and build that system? Or lead a team to develop it.

It's very simple bag come in. Track the tag. Track the movement. Algorithm figure out its destination. Interface with another system to move the bags...

How do you handle fault tolerant? So that bag don't go missing.
How you design such system so that if anything happen, admin user can track and figure out the bag.
How you build and design such a system so that the bag takes the shortest route and doesn't miss the plan... Recovery how...