Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13323-comp-science-frsh-grad-salary.html)

Unregistered 22-01-2022 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197875)
I am a fresh grad but also have 1 YOE as I was working in a big tech while finishing my last year. I was already getting more than 5k.

After grad recently I started applying for new roles cuz I want that boost, got a few offers from some other big tech, about 7-9k, 110-130k TC inclusive average target bonus. As I don't know anyone who has 1 YOE as fresh grad, idk if this is fair package.

Actually shopee package was better as they included a lot of RSU, but I hated their interviewer's attitude. It was disgusting, no intro no convo no discussion, why would anyone join shopee lol.

Hey. I’m quite similar as you. Don’t know if internship counted as YOE though. Fresh grad with 1 + internship experience, TC then was around 90k. Now after 1 year TC around 110. Was thinking if I should switch to Shopee and try to get 130k. Does shopee even offer attractive TC? As I saw from Blind they seems to be low balling these days…

Unregistered 23-01-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198927)
Hey. I’m quite similar as you. Don’t know if internship counted as YOE though. Fresh grad with 1 + internship experience, TC then was around 90k. Now after 1 year TC around 110. Was thinking if I should switch to Shopee and try to get 130k. Does shopee even offer attractive TC? As I saw from Blind they seems to be low balling these days…

It's about what you can bring to the table.

Unregistered 28-06-2022 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153374)
Hi all your comp science gods.
I have a business proposal.
I would like you to develop an app that can predict the next winning number.

To test the data analytics AI nonsense predictive **** tech world is shoving down our ass with data scientist nonsense.

... I will award you 50% of the prize money if it works. That means if I win 1 million using your data analytics machine learning fuzzy logic neural network advanced algorithm ******** nonsense... You get 500k free of charge.

Think about it. You don't even need to work!
So please develop so called app.

Otherwise fresh grad comp science are just as useless as any other fresh grad faculty...
Tech ********.

How do you even model something that happens at random or by chance?

Unregistered 02-07-2022 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223644)
How do you even model something that happens at random or by chance?

Ignore the troll. Clearly an airhead who knows nothing about how AI or ML works and feeling jealous about the $$$ that techies get

theRealHentie 11-07-2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198927)

hello i posted the comment, dang it was damn long ago. decided to take binance's offer at 120k TC including base and 4 months target bonus.

normally internship don't count as YOE (like ofc it is work experience, but no one count internship as YOE. I was working full time while studying full time so they counted that.).

I am not entirely sure of the market right now, I think things are still hot and tech is still printing money, but back in Jan when I commented, average monthly base is about 5.5k I believe, so your 110k tc is quite good at 1YOE, probably not 75th percentile for cs degree holder but would be close. shopee is damn trash, I still remember that interview and it was the worst I ever had (I have been through maybe 50+ tech interviews in different companies so far, shopee was disgusting af).

TC is not everything, I think we have life outside of work. Currently at Binance, there is wlb as long as you get your stuff done good and fast. I am sure in FAANG (less AMZN) you can find wlb too. To me at this point, I am earning good money and so I want to have good wlb and annual PTO to spend them. Ofc, if your goal is to accumulate more cash, then you can try to go for shopee or byteance's offer (I am not sure if they pay more, bytedance offered similar package to what I am currently having, and I think I am kinda low balled for my current package already).

Unregistered 11-07-2022 06:44 PM

Blows my mind that anyone earning 100k TC would even come to this garbage ass forum full of trolls and tech-haters spewing BS.

Unregistered 11-07-2022 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225084)
Blows my mind that anyone earning 100k TC would even come to this garbage ass forum full of trolls and tech-haters spewing BS.

including yourself?

Unregistered 12-07-2022 11:40 AM

Bruh, losers I earn 450k as fresh graduate from market making company lmao

Unregistered 12-07-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225150)
Bruh, losers I earn 450k as fresh graduate from market making company lmao

U den loser I am making 500k

theRealHentie 12-07-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225084)

TBH the amount of trolls here is incredible, but there were some legit replies and I was able to gain some insights from them. SG is a small country and we only have limited resources on pay and wlb. Check out reddit and blind, the amount of discussion around our demographic especially for the grads is so little. Since I took something from this forum, I would try to help a bit by giving back.

And I am sure now some people earn more than 120k in grad offer, I was kinda low balled and also I joined more than half a year ago, market should be more hyped now I guess.