Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13323-comp-science-frsh-grad-salary.html)

Unregistered 14-01-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153538)
I'm a sme business owner and we have hired fresh grad before. We can't compete with brand multinational corporation so we usually give them higher pay to lure some.. If they can't develop, we will let them go...

In the past, we got a few caliber one. None of them are FCH. Just humble hardworking developer.
In return we give them space to work their craft. And eventually we have them higher increment eg 10% to 15% increment to retain them since it will cost us more to hire and train new people...

But recently fresh grad are asking for 5k which is ridiculous because we can easily find 2 to 3 years experienced developers for only 4k. But becuaae of recent employment pass policy change (due to covid) it is 4.5k.

So 4.5k for a foreigner with 5 years working experience. Portfolio of their work.
Or a 5k fresh grad with no experience but just nice cert from nus.

No brainer. But because of the high cost. We are slowly moving all our development work to India...
No choice. We can't sustain. Its too expensive.

So we are comprising quality and control but at fraction of the cost.
Tech industry is only for the fabulous.

if hire from nus, you must look at their software engineering grades + no of internships

Unregistered 14-01-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153538)
I'm a sme business owner and we have hired fresh grad before. We can't compete with brand multinational corporation so we usually give them higher pay to lure some.. If they can't develop, we will let them go...

In the past, we got a few caliber one. None of them are FCH. Just humble hardworking developer.
In return we give them space to work their craft. And eventually we have them higher increment eg 10% to 15% increment to retain them since it will cost us more to hire and train new people...

But recently fresh grad are asking for 5k which is ridiculous because we can easily find 2 to 3 years experienced developers for only 4k. But becuaae of recent employment pass policy change (due to covid) it is 4.5k.

So 4.5k for a foreigner with 5 years working experience. Portfolio of their work.
Or a 5k fresh grad with no experience but just nice cert from nus.

No brainer. But because of the high cost. We are slowly moving all our development work to India...
No choice. We can't sustain. Its too expensive.

So we are comprising quality and control but at fraction of the cost.
Tech industry is only for the fabulous.

if hire from nus, you must look at their software engineering grades + no of internships to determine how good are they

Unregistered 14-01-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153530)
Typical tech ******** talk.
Need requirement specs la.
Requirement not clear la.
Requirement out of scope la.
Requirement creep la.
Need diagram la.

Af the end of the day nothing will be done.
My boss ask me hire fresh grad so high pay for what.

Here requirement
1. One basic android app basic no need nice UX design.
2. One user can launch and broadcast himself. Video.
3. Five other users can launch and see the users video
4. All five of them can see each other real time.

You have only 2 weeks = 10 man days.
Means you now have 9 days left.

Good luck. No github code. Your just as useless as any coder out there who claim its easy and doable bit when they have to write the code themselves.

Dunno how.
Don't have requirement.
Time not enough.

Bla bla bla. All the excuses that I have heard so many times before.
Some even say laptop not powerful enough.
Or no licensed software.
Or "what's the point. Just buy existing software"

All sort of excuses.

Again no code in github 9 days left. Good luck.

pls learn how to list your functional requirement properly. its a basic skill of any fresh cs grad

Unregistered 14-01-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153530)
Typical tech ******** talk.
Need requirement specs la.
Requirement not clear la.
Requirement out of scope la.
Requirement creep la.
Need diagram la.

Af the end of the day nothing will be done.
My boss ask me hire fresh grad so high pay for what.

Here requirement
1. One basic android app basic no need nice UX design.
2. One user can launch and broadcast himself. Video.
3. Five other users can launch and see the users video
4. All five of them can see each other real time.

You have only 2 weeks = 10 man days.
Means you now have 9 days left.

Good luck. No github code. Your just as useless as any coder out there who claim its easy and doable bit when they have to write the code themselves.

Dunno how.
Don't have requirement.
Time not enough.

Bla bla bla. All the excuses that I have heard so many times before.
Some even say laptop not powerful enough.
Or no licensed software.
Or "what's the point. Just buy existing software"

All sort of excuses.

Again no code in github 9 days left. Good luck.

Dude, its definitely not tech ******** talk. Requirements plays an important role between clients and your project manager, should the requirements be vague.

Especially when the project manager does not verify each requirements with the client, the cost of changing the requirement at a later stage will incur a significant cost. That is why the project manager must always reach a consensus with the client and should there be a scope creep, client will have to pay for the extra cost with extended deadline if applicable.

From the way you are doing things, it clearly shows that you are not experience at all.

Unregistered 14-01-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153539)
Sure, its doable in 9 days. Sounds pretty simple for anyone who has app dev + network dev

This is why you must come from a good sch to produce a good NFR/FR
Whatever requirements you just post doesn't even conform to any standards.

Just few questions, where should the server be hosted on? You state that 5 users can see each other, dpes that mean the user who is broadcasting cant see the 5 users?

You dont tell me it should be common sense because when it comes to specs, we do according to client requirements, no gold plating (go google up what this is, you seem to come from a weak sch)

And what specific tag u wan me to show when the video is produced? So i can proof that it is done by me.

While I am doing this, i suggest you go learn how to craft a proper specification (FR/NFR) with multi level subreq which takes into account from all aspects from performance to security.

If you don't even know what I'm talking about, pls enrol urself into a proper sch lmao, dont disgrace yourself here.

I'm the boss of Google.
I just hold a meeting with you
I tell you what I want.
Just go and do it.
Come back to me in 9 days when you're done.
Donr bother me with your specifications.
I hired you pay you high pay to figure things out
If I have to tell you everything I might as well write the code and hire a toddler for 10 bucks to just type it out for me.

How about you write the code out with whatever requirement you have.
In the real world everything is subject to change. Today is just support pc. Tomorrow is support in console.
Next month its xbox and ps2.
Your code must be adaptable.

Typical fresh grad mentality everything need to be provided to them. Nobody will craft out every single requirement. For you la. Then you can trsnalate noun to class. Verb to function meh.

Idiots software people.
Just do it. We don't pay you 5k so we can provide the work to you.
Requirement specs. Test specs. Documentation. Manual. User guide. Troubleshooting.eberuthjbf is also we pay you to do.

Not your senior. Not your boss provide to u.
Understand fresh grad??

Unregistered 14-01-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153554)
Dude, its definitely not tech ******** talk. Requirements plays an important role between clients and your project manager, should the requirements be vague.

Especially when the project manager does not verify each requirements with the client, the cost of changing the requirement at a later stage will incur a significant cost. That is why the project manager must always reach a consensus with the client and should there be a scope creep, client will have to pay for the extra cost with extended deadline if applicable.
From the way you are doing things, it clearly shows that you are not experience at all.

This is why govtech developers are highly paid. We adopt agile and scrum.
Basically the requirement we get from the government is just like that. Basic. And we fill in the blanks ad we go.

Eg trace together. If we were to adopt your traditional defunct way of software development (by not actually developing the software) we will still be discussing and arguing back forth what is the requirements for trace together.

Instead we start with the most basic requirement of what trace together does. Then we evocle our code agile. Each cycle is evident by actual code. Not some silly documentation describing how the system will work in the imaginary world.

This is why fresh grad lack working experience.
We don't pay high 5k starting pay to fresh grad to not write code and talk about requirements.

Doesn't make sense to hire such expensive resource to sit there for months 5k each month to not write any code but just thinking and mentally designing a system in the imaginary world.

When the gahmen want a website for mask go where. It's a snap of the finger. Not discuss all the requirements for years... We simply don't have the luxury to ********.

Join us in govtech. We pay you high but we work and expect alot from you.
If you don't have the talent and skills don't waste the tax payer money.

Our goal is to improve the Singapore life with tech. Your goal is to drag prokect long to justify employing you for years with little to nothing to show for.

It's time real software tech talent take back the world of tech from stupid people who can't code like you and want to get high paid just by association to the "tech" world.

Unregistered 14-01-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153561)
This is why govtech developers are highly paid. We adopt agile and scrum.
Basically the requirement we get from the government is just like that. Basic. And we fill in the blanks ad we go.

Eg trace together. If we were to adopt your traditional defunct way of software development (by not actually developing the software) we will still be discussing and arguing back forth what is the requirements for trace together.

Instead we start with the most basic requirement of what trace together does. Then we evocle our code agile. Each cycle is evident by actual code. Not some silly documentation describing how the system will work in the imaginary world.

This is why fresh grad lack working experience.
We don't pay high 5k starting pay to fresh grad to not write code and talk about requirements.

Doesn't make sense to hire such expensive resource to sit there for months 5k each month to not write any code but just thinking and mentally designing a system in the imaginary world.

When the gahmen want a website for mask go where. It's a snap of the finger. Not discuss all the requirements for years... We simply don't have the luxury to ********.

Join us in govtech. We pay you high but we work and expect alot from you.
If you don't have the talent and skills don't waste the tax payer money.

Our goal is to improve the Singapore life with tech. Your goal is to drag prokect long to justify employing you for years with little to nothing to show for.

It's time real software tech talent take back the world of tech from stupid people who can't code like you and want to get high paid just by association to the "tech" world.

You sure govtech works like this? Which dept are you from btw? I go verify with my friends in there

Unregistered 14-01-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153564)
You sure govtech works like this? Which dept are you from btw? I go verify with my friends in there

Government digital services (GDS)

Honestly use your brain. Nobody have the time to type out hundreds of pages of detailed requirements.
The less nonsense paper work we do. The more time we can spend on developing the product.

Unregistered 14-01-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153564)

I think your friend must be those who cannot make it. Can't code. Can't do much. End up just do paperwork support requirement. Those job just do to fulfill audit.

Need to pay so high pay for software developer to write requirements spec? What a joke. Your friend.

Unregistered 14-01-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153492)
Did they ask for your accepted? Or they just offered this to you directly?

i ask for 7k only but i had pending offer due the nxt day. So my guess is the recruiting team yolo and decided to give me an offer i cannot reject