Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary

Old 13-01-2021, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agree, his post feels like full of smoke, worked through the night, so hardworking but barely had anything to show?

1 - Assuming that the PM/TL has no technical background and if the developer himself thinks that 2 weeks is not possible to do out, he should voice out immediately and further justify why it is not possible. If the PM/TL has technical background, I don't see why the number of days given by them is a problem. Should be the developer's problem if unable to deliver.

2 - Which school did you graduate from? Did your school not teach you how to do things from top-down? look at things from the highest level -> break it down into smaller modules -> work on each of the modules -> finally integrate all the modules and test. Like what many people said in this thread, you don't belong to the tech field. Because all these problems can be broken down into subproblems. You just don't know how to search the net, thus, unable to deliver. The problem has something to do with camera? I don't believe that the internet does not have any code that does not teach you how to turn on the camera on your phone. Surveillance? I don't believe you can't find any code that teach you how to do server-client programming. Realtime/speed? Consider reliable UDP over TCP. All these small simple simple stuff can be found on the net one. I remember doing all these for my school project/FYP. So I don't know what is so hard about it.

3 - Please provide your company name, 5.8k for simple job like this, I will go apply. WFH somemore.

TIA

Old 13-01-2021, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
1 - Assuming that the PM/TL has no technical background and if the developer himself thinks that 2 weeks is not possible to do out, he should voice out immediately and further justify why it is not possible. If the PM/TL has technical background, I don't see why the number of days given by them is a problem. Should be the developer's problem if unable to deliver.

2 - Which school did you graduate from? Did your school not teach you how to do things from top-down? look at things from the highest level -> break it down into smaller modules -> work on each of the modules -> finally integrate all the modules and test. Like what many people said in this thread, you don't belong to the tech field. Because all these problems can be broken down into subproblems. You just don't know how to search the net, thus, unable to deliver. The problem has something to do with camera? I don't believe that the internet does not have any code that does not teach you how to turn on the camera on your phone. Surveillance? I don't believe you can't find any code that teach you how to do server-client programming. Realtime/speed? Consider reliable UDP over TCP. All these small simple simple stuff can be found on the net one. I remember doing all these for my school project/FYP. So I don't know what is so hard about it.

3 - Please provide your company name, 5.8k for simple job like this, I will go apply. WFH somemore.

TIA
quoted the wrong post, it was for post #59

Old 14-01-2021, 05:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Shopee

I think shopee increased fresh grad pay. Got offered for 2021 batch

90k base
1000 rsu vested over 4 years

At current stock price and assuming 2 month bonus, total TC is 170k +. Failed my citadel so most likely accepting.

Old 14-01-2021, 07:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

90k base

At current stock price and assuming 2 month bonus, total TC is 170k +. Failed my citadel so most likely accepting.
Did they ask for your accepted? Or they just offered this to you directly?
Old 14-01-2021, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
From shopee and Im aware of the OT culture, but only those PRC does that. OT is voluntary, so I always finish my work and leave on time. It really depends on how efficient you are when it comes to tech field
People who go back on time in tech field will be assigned more work.
End up people who already finish their task will also stayed behind to work on future task...

In a team where all your 8 software developers overtime everyday either they slow or lousy or too much to work.
And you 1 Singaporean person go home on time... You will get arrowed one. Cause the rest will say they don't have the capacity to work on it. Since you can afford to go home on time. You should work on this.
Old 14-01-2021, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

TIA
Shopee. Please share your code on github. Thanks.

Old 14-01-2021, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

90k base

So little? I'm getting 10k per month. So it's 120k base +aws + bonus.
But I have to be 24/7 support.
Old 14-01-2021, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Fresh grad really cannot make it.
Their education didn't prepare them for maintenance work.
Ask them to do change request.

It's beneath them.
Say don't know how to read the code. Etc.

OK so give them a fresh clean project. No guidance etc.
Don't know where to start or how.

Need time to study the framework like angular etc etc.

We don't have the time to let you all still studying la.
Work is work.
Some fresh grad still think work is studying life

We need the feature up by end of the month means must be up.
You still need to take 3 months to study... Like for exam meh.

This is experienced programmer are paid more. Cause you are paying for their experience and speed and tech knowledge.

Not sure why fresh grad is getting such high pay can't really do senior work, design /architect/ ux design / real time / fault tolerant / signalr / etc.

Give them simple change request. Add new function. It's beneath them.
Want to do those algorithm work.

Not sure where they get the idea tech world is writing algorithm...
Yes the algorithm is like. Let user click this button. Show a page. Let them enter data. Show error. Save if no error. Got error transaction role back. Log exception. Alert user.

Thafa the algorithm. Go do. 1 week should finish. Nope. 3 months still nothing to show for.
Still "learning curve"

Then why pay fresh grad senior pay.
Last time we can say "fresh grad need more time to do. Not experienced give chance la*
Now fresh grad expecting senior 5k pay... Then we expect fresh grad to deliver senior quality.

No. Then overtime. Its your lost.
Cannor do. Fired. No chance.
Old 14-01-2021, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

So what's the next trendy tech?

2000 was Web boom
2010 was mobile app boom
2020 was data analytics boom.

What's is the future of tech?

Those VR tech didn't boom.
Old 14-01-2021, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
People who go back on time in tech field will be assigned more work.
End up people who already finish their task will also stayed behind to work on future task...

In a team where all your 8 software developers overtime everyday either they slow or lousy or too much to work.
And you 1 Singaporean person go home on time... You will get arrowed one. Cause the rest will say they don't have the capacity to work on it. Since you can afford to go home on time. You should work on this.
I work as a backend engineer and whatever you said is not true