Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Quit Without A Job (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1318-quit-without-job.html)

QWOAJ 20-04-2011 10:14 PM

Quit Without A Job

I've quitted my job (due to lack of job satisfaction) with a finacial institution without securing another job first. That was 4 months ago. I am still on the look out for a suitable job. Should I continue to wait, take a contract job first or lower my expectations and go for a less ideal/lesser-pay job? My initial confidence is diminishing. :(

Unregistered 20-04-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWOAJ (Post 11460)
I've quitted my job (due to lack of job satisfaction) with a finacial institution without securing another job first. That was 4 months ago. I am still on the look out for a suitable job. Should I continue to wait, take a contract job first or lower my expectations and go for a less ideal/lesser-pay job? My initial confidence is diminishing. :(

you quit just because of a lack of job satisfaction? bad move.

QWOAJ 21-04-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 11462)
you quit just because of a lack of job satisfaction? bad move.

Yes. I am full of regrets now. Not because I like the job but because I could not find a similar/better paying job and with a good organisation too. :(

Unregistered 21-04-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWOAJ (Post 11508)
Yes. I am full of regrets now. Not because I like the job but because I could not find a similar/better paying job and with a good organisation too. :(

lower your pride and ask your boss to re-hire you back if possible. you should've asked for an internal transfer rather than quit. but no use crying over spilt milk. move on.

QWOAJ 21-04-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 11509)
lower your pride and ask your boss to re-hire you back if possible. you should've asked for an internal transfer rather than quit. but no use crying over spilt milk. move on.

I heard they have already got someone for the position. Even if they havn't, I guess it will be not be easy to face the colleagues and all. Embarassing.

Unregistered 21-04-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWOAJ (Post 11514)
I heard they have already got someone for the position. Even if they havn't, I guess it will be not be easy to face the colleagues and all. Embarassing.

well, that means you are not hungry enough. wait another few months without a job.

Roy 27-04-2011 12:10 AM

I believe you must be female, 30 from a VWO organisation. Good luck with your next job, remember it's not the end of the world dear. It's just s J.O.B.

QWOAJ 27-04-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 11616)
I believe you must be female, 30 from a VWO organisation. Good luck with your next job, remember it's not the end of the world dear. It's just s J.O.B.

Hi Roy,

No, you must have mistaken me for someone you know. I'm way older than 30 and was working in a financial institution, not VWO. Of course it is not the end of the world, it's bread & butter and a blemished job record.

whyworry 30-04-2011 07:12 PM

I was in the same boat few years ago. It took me 1.5 years to find a suitable job. After 3 months of unemployment and boredom, I took on a temp position. The company offered me a perm post after months of working there. So I would suggest you try temp positions if you still can't find anything suitable after a few more months. Otherwise, will not look good on resume

QWOAJ 02-05-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whyworry (Post 11706)
I was in the same boat few years ago. It took me 1.5 years to find a suitable job. After 3 months of unemployment and boredom, I took on a temp position. The company offered me a perm post after months of working there. So I would suggest you try temp positions if you still can't find anything suitable after a few more months. Otherwise, will not look good on resume

Thanks, whyworry, for your suggestion. I will have to settle for a contract job if I still cant find a suitable by end of this month. My concern is, once I accepted a lower pay, it will be difficult to bargain for at least my last drawn pay in future.