Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Stat board AWS and Year End Bonus and Resignation (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13162-stat-board-aws-year-end-bonus-resignation.html)

worker 08-11-2020 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148788)
you may not be eligible for the AWS if you resign on or before 31 Dec, but may be eligible for AWS only if resign on or after 1 Jan 2020 and serve your notice period...

I read the IM for HR, it seems to say as long as still in service on 31 Jan, will get the AWS.

So the last day can be 31 Dec. My notice is 1 month and has over 20 days AL, so can tender and give notice in the middle of Dec after receiving Dec salary and AWS in the bank. The First 2 weeks are not allowed to take leave, so I think can leave at end of Dec and still get the AWS.

But not sure if the boss will not be happy and forced to go in the middle of Jan then have to cough back the AWS.

Unregistered 08-11-2020 09:38 AM

Seriously, why are you refusing to check with your HR? Assuming you need to stay till 31 Jan, you CANNOT join your new firm until 1 Feb. You can't use your leave to extend your service in current employment and also work for another firm during the same period. Since you're leaving, just check with your HR and they will lay out all options for you.
My personal advice is just forget about the AWS. It's just but 1 month salary. Your career will be ~480 months, why stress just for 1 month salary? Go in your new firm earlier, the earlier start will more likely to give you more monetary benefits over the stretch of your career.

Unregistered 08-11-2020 10:28 AM

No year end bonus this year due to covid
Aws may not even have
The economy contract by 10%, you still want aws?

worker 08-11-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148798)
No year end bonus this year due to covid
Aws may not even have
The economy contract by 10%, you still want aws?

isn't AWS confirmed have one?

Unregistered 08-11-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worker (Post 148803)
isn't AWS confirmed have one?

AWS confirmed will have... it can be a matter of 1.0 full month, 0.75 month or 0.5 month...

Unregistered 08-11-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worker (Post 148791)
I read the IM for HR, it seems to say as long as still in service on 31 Jan, will get the AWS.

So the last day can be 31 Dec. My notice is 1 month and has over 20 days AL, so can tender and give notice in the middle of Dec after receiving Dec salary and AWS in the bank. The First 2 weeks are not allowed to take leave, so I think can leave at end of Dec and still get the AWS.

But not sure if the boss will not be happy and forced to go in the middle of Jan then have to cough back the AWS.

20 days AL for you to encash out, not forgetting there is another off day due to 14 Nov public holiday

Unregistered 08-11-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148795)
Seriously, why are you refusing to check with your HR? Assuming you need to stay till 31 Jan, you CANNOT join your new firm until 1 Feb. You can't use your leave to extend your service in current employment and also work for another firm during the same period. Since you're leaving, just check with your HR and they will lay out all options for you.
My personal advice is just forget about the AWS. It's just but 1 month salary. Your career will be ~480 months, why stress just for 1 month salary? Go in your new firm earlier, the earlier start will more likely to give you more monetary benefits over the stretch of your career.

true, start the new year in the new firm with new pay, and enjoy the benefits for a full year instead of having to prorate.

Unregistered 08-11-2020 09:16 PM

Simi bonus? Economy like that u still thinking about bonus? Seriously.. lol

Unregistered 08-11-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148816)
Simi bonus? Economy like that u still thinking about bonus? Seriously.. lol

Yeah same here no bonus already announced...

Now thinking maybe AI also gonna cut.

Unregistered 08-11-2020 11:34 PM

AWS have lah... why donít have?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2