How much to ask for starting pay for those graduating in 2021? - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much to ask for starting pay for those graduating in 2021?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2020, 01:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackcrypto View Post
3.1k so low? GES median is at least 3.5k. those graduate programs salary got cut this year too?
Take GES numbers with a pinch of salt.

There are many that won't tell the truth, or blow up numbers to make their school look like it should command a higher salary.

You will also be competing with people doing traineeships, what makes you think you can command a higher salary than them?

Face it, anything than the top graduates after 2020 will have it really hard.

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2020, 08:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackcrypto View Post
Local uni, expected 2nd upper - Business course
Go for those reputed companies if you want higher starting pay.

My HR sent me few resumes of local grads that state expected salaries of 2.5k and below for interviewing. Think there are alot of ppl looking for jobs.



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2020, 11:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If avg traineeship pay 2.5k means u should also expect 2.5k dont care if u what upper or lower nonsense
If that company can only afford to pay traineeship salary, your first concern should be whether the company is gonna collapse or not. Besides govt sector, a company only offering traineeship speaks volumes about the boss, probably another stingy SME lowballing locals even before COVID.



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2020, 11:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is $3125 too much to ask of from a SME? Remember the SME boss who complained about the 7 job seekers? Why can't we learn from the learned boss and manage our expectations?
This is exactly why everyone siam SME unless they really bo bian... Pay peanuts get monkeys, pandemic or not, this won't change.

The real question we should be asking is if we want our local grads to rot under an SME that provides 0 growth or opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 13-09-2020, 10:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I see ignorant fresh grads posting here. SME contributes 50 percent of the GDP and hire 70 percent of the workforce. The employees (especially fresh grads) should be grateful to business owners who are capable to start a business and employ you guys. Without the SMEs, who is going to employ you all? You guys are just lucky that the good government stepped in to offer you all some protection. In a real world, 2K can get us a master/phd hirees with experience. Some still want to ask for 3K? My view is 2.5K is already a good enough salary. Stay hungry. Pls read and learn from the boss abt his interviewing experience with the 7 employees and learn some lessons from it.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 13-09-2020, 01:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Donít listen to all these boomers.

Any offer below 3.2K (which is equivalent to a traineeship), itís probably a shithole place of a job.

When all else fails, just swallow up your pride and join Big 4 audit. Even though the pay and working hours is bad, it still has way more growth opportunities than working in a pathetic SME that canít even afford to pay you the market standards.
Reply With Quote

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 13-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I see ignorant fresh grads posting here. SME contributes 50 percent of the GDP and hire 70 percent of the workforce. The employees (especially fresh grads) should be grateful to business owners who are capable to start a business and employ you guys. Without the SMEs, who is going to employ you all? You guys are just lucky that the good government stepped in to offer you all some protection. In a real world, 2K can get us a master/phd hirees with experience. Some still want to ask for 3K? My view is 2.5K is already a good enough salary. Stay hungry. Pls read and learn from the boss abt his interviewing experience with the 7 employees and learn some lessons from it.
glad to be in the 30% of the workforce earning more than your pittance of an SME
"without SMEs, who is going to employ you all"? PLEASE. NOBODY WANTS TO WORK IN YOUR COMPANY OTHER THAN MALAYSIANS AND OTHER NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES. FFS. this attitude is EXACTLY why SMEs remain SMEs and i choose to join a global firm and shun SMEs. talk so much about hunger. why not speak for yourselves - why is your company so poor and shitty that you have to whine about not being able to pay a decent wage? i don't see large companies scrimping on wages. REFLECT.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 13-09-2020, 02:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
glad to be in the 30% of the workforce earning more than your pittance of an SME
"without SMEs, who is going to employ you all"? PLEASE. NOBODY WANTS TO WORK IN YOUR COMPANY OTHER THAN MALAYSIANS AND OTHER NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES. FFS. this attitude is EXACTLY why SMEs remain SMEs and i choose to join a global firm and shun SMEs. talk so much about hunger. why not speak for yourselves - why is your company so poor and shitty that you have to whine about not being able to pay a decent wage? i don't see large companies scrimping on wages. REFLECT.
Not hungry enough. Pls read up on what the learned entrepreneur had to say about the attitude of the 7 local employees he had to interview. The younger generation is leading a very sheltered lives, probably still living off the hardworking parents whom most likely are working hard with / for local SME entrepreneurs to create the very stable and conducive greenhouse environment that houses the strawberries. We need to be rugged to survive. As much as I respect and admire the good leadership for creating a conducive environment for locals, I hope they can expose our young to the hungry and innovative workforce out there. 3K for a fresh grad? I believe 3K can get us a few top IT talents from developing countries where the young are much hungrier. The younger generation should really buck up or I fear we will lose our competitiveness.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 13-09-2020, 03:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not hungry enough. Pls read up on what the learned entrepreneur had to say about the attitude of the 7 local employees he had to interview. The younger generation is leading a very sheltered lives, probably still living off the hardworking parents whom most likely are working hard with / for local SME entrepreneurs to create the very stable and conducive greenhouse environment that houses the strawberries. We need to be rugged to survive. As much as I respect and admire the good leadership for creating a conducive environment for locals, I hope they can expose our young to the hungry and innovative workforce out there. 3K for a fresh grad? I believe 3K can get us a few top IT talents from developing countries where the young are much hungrier. The younger generation should really buck up or I fear we will lose our competitiveness.
I guess SMEs not hungry enough for local talent. You want get top IT talents from developing countries for 3k, then go ahead and try.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 13-09-2020, 03:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Donít listen to all these boomers.

Any offer below 3.2K (which is equivalent to a traineeship), itís probably a shithole place of a job.

When all else fails, just swallow up your pride and join Big 4 audit. Even though the pay and working hours is bad, it still has way more growth opportunities than working in a pathetic SME that canít even afford to pay you the market standards.
Growth opportunities as an employee? If you were that enthusiastic about pursuing growth, you should start your own business like the many great / brave entrepreneurs out there. Because of these brave souls, 70 percent of the population can have a salary to look after their families. I encourage you to step out and be a leader/giver for our people rather than being a minion in a large MNC and complaining about our SMEs


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2021 Summer Analyst (Banks) Applications siaokia Income and Jobs 0 21-08-2020 01:02 PM
Lendlease Graduate Program 2021 Intake Sgw Income and Jobs 0 14-07-2020 05:13 PM
Starting salary blackswan Income and Jobs 217 03-01-2018 11:31 PM
Graduating from UNISIM soon ? Gradsoon Income and Jobs 12 24-02-2014 09:36 AM
Engineer graduating soon starchild Income and Jobs 14 02-09-2011 02:36 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,504 Replies, 3,049,545 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,013 Replies, 3,835,716 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,659 Replies, 5,896,044 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
439 Replies, 314,654 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
80 Replies, 119,594 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
742 Replies, 371,810 Views
Passive income ideas? ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 17,726 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,394 Replies, 2,003,515 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,999 Replies, 1,141,514 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
238 Replies, 223,449 Views
Interviews related ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 2,069 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,871 Replies, 1,746,245 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
850 Replies, 254,976 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,676 Replies, 1,121,737 Views
Looking for job referral,...
4 Replies, 406 Views
Progression in Career
1 Replies, 624 Views
Oil Majors vs. Trading House
4 Replies, 567 Views
Career advice
4 Replies, 2,465 Views
Big 4 audit exit options
0 Replies, 166 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 38,828 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 3,364 Views
Should I switch to a higher paying... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 2,245 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
837 Replies, 570,269 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,452 Replies, 975,931 Views
GovTech / CSA / IMDA
0 Replies, 168 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
407 Replies, 267,739 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
474 Replies, 101,178 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
147 Replies, 29,692 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
136 Replies, 92,845 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2