How much to ask for starting pay for those graduating in 2021? - Page 12 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much to ask for starting pay for those graduating in 2021?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #111 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2020, 10:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most SMEs give 2.2k-2.7k now, while most are addressing headcount issues.

If you can join MNCs, wages are also suppressed now, within 3k-3.4k.

It's not easy I know, companies are also cutting AWS and variable bonuses. Having a job in this climate is already very fortunate.
Why is there a different between uol n local U? Both degrees right

Reply With Quote
  #112 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2020, 11:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why is there a different between uol n local U? Both degrees right
Why is there a difference between lobster and chicken rice? Both fud right

Reply With Quote
  #113 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2020, 01:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most SMEs give 2.2k-2.7k now, while most are addressing headcount issues.

If you can join MNCs, wages are also suppressed now, within 3k-3.4k.

It's not easy I know, companies are also cutting AWS and variable bonuses. Having a job in this climate is already very fortunate.
+1...........

Reply With Quote
  #114 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2020, 03:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why is there a difference between lobster and chicken rice? Both fud right
Excellent answer bro

It's like fine dining and cup noodles yeah
Reply With Quote
  #115 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2020, 04:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Excellent answer bro

It's like fine dining and cup noodles yeah
What do you mean?

Degree means degree wat. B&F UOL what's the pay range
Reply With Quote
  #116 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2020, 10:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 🙂

Sim 2nd lower here. Got into one of the big 4 acc firms last year. After a few years of work exp, can easily earn more than the local u grads. A lot of local u grads especially those engineering majors get lower progression and even lower exit opps. Being in NUS/NTU is one thing but your major is also impt. lmao at engineering majors thinking their degree better than acc or banking from uol. Please leh don't embarrass yourselves and go fix the mrt instead of posting here.
Reply With Quote

  #117 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2020, 11:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sim 2nd lower here. Got into one of the big 4 acc firms last year. After a few years of work exp, can easily earn more than the local u grads. A lot of local u grads especially those engineering majors get lower progression and even lower exit opps. Being in NUS/NTU is one thing but your major is also impt. lmao at engineering majors thinking their degree better than acc or banking from uol. Please leh don't embarrass yourselves and go fix the mrt instead of posting here.
Haha lucky you got into big 4, so itís not about degree from SIM or NUS/NTU/SIM. Hearsay big 4 jump out to private can get big pay jump.

Those lucky to get into autonomous University got more options since their degree is more marketable.
Reply With Quote
  #118 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2020, 12:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Haha lucky you got into big 4, so itís not about degree from SIM or NUS/NTU/SIM. Hearsay big 4 jump out to private can get big pay jump.

Those lucky to get into autonomous University got more options since their degree is more marketable.
Exactly, so don't know what's up with the stupid comparison mentioned beforehand. It's all the same.

Local U grad here anyway
Reply With Quote
  #119 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2020, 03:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Haha lucky you got into big 4, so itís not about degree from SIM or NUS/NTU/SIM. Hearsay big 4 jump out to private can get big pay jump.

Those lucky to get into autonomous University got more options since their degree is more marketable.
Yea so no need to study, self teach also can.

Why need to go private U, anyone on the street also can become marketable and successful, maybe even more successful since no need to pay tuition fees
Reply With Quote
  #120 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2020, 04:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sim 2nd lower here. Got into one of the big 4 acc firms last year. After a few years of work exp, can easily earn more than the local u grads. A lot of local u grads especially those engineering majors get lower progression and even lower exit opps. Being in NUS/NTU is one thing but your major is also impt. lmao at engineering majors thinking their degree better than acc or banking from uol. Please leh don't embarrass yourselves and go fix the mrt instead of posting here.
I would let this ego post slide if you had dissed on FASS/COHASS.

However for you A Level/Poly failures to even have the thought of comparing yourselves with a STEM degree from local uni is ludicrous.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lendlease Graduate Program 2021 Intake Sgw Income and Jobs 85 15-07-2021 09:46 AM
2021 Summer Analyst (Banks) Applications siaokia Income and Jobs 0 21-08-2020 01:02 PM
Starting salary blackswan Income and Jobs 217 03-01-2018 11:31 PM
Graduating from UNISIM soon ? Gradsoon Income and Jobs 12 24-02-2014 09:36 AM
Engineer graduating soon starchild Income and Jobs 14 02-09-2011 02:36 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,201 Replies, 1,382,448 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,663 Replies, 5,382,894 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,148 Replies, 639,856 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,756 Replies, 489,786 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
489 Replies, 95,260 Views
Suitable job recommendations
3 Replies, 200 Views
Mid career switch - social worker
4 Replies, 2,147 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
354 Replies, 66,351 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,837 Replies, 2,237,847 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 8,654 Views
Cpf senior manager ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 2,891 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
446 Replies, 420,945 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
532 Replies, 192,988 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,089 Replies, 800,605 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 137,075 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,302 Replies, 1,701,044 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
393 Replies, 134,383 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
216 Replies, 166,186 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
489 Replies, 147,009 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,216 Replies, 1,982,971 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,382 Replies, 7,905,523 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,509 Replies, 2,770,819 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
956 Replies, 319,268 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,359 Replies, 2,823,917 Views
infosys, cognizant ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 3,405 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
640 Replies, 503,077 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,487 Replies, 696,133 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 86,290 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,293 Replies, 361,847 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2