Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much to ask for starting pay for those graduating in 2021? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13032-how-much-ask-starting-pay-those-graduating-2021-a.html)

Unregistered 29-09-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146375)
I would ask for 4k minimum, anything less is weak tbh

For talented local fresh grad, I think you are too modest. Let's aim for a minimum of 5K. No 5K no talk :)

Unregistered 29-09-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146369)
"I got my money already so f*ck the younger generation amirite?"

Every man for himself. I only care about myself and my own offsprings. Who cares what happens to others? Remember, no one owes you a living. If you cannot make it, you should reflect on why you have failed.

gutenberg03129g 29-09-2020 09:11 PM

Seems like people are really stretching the baton here with either a “accept whatever offer you get” attitude or “actually you should ask for much much more” mindset.

Reality is most MNCs are still paying $3.5k to $4.5k for fresh grads, Finance would generally be higher ($4.5k+ for BO, $5k+ for FO/MO and of course the huge salaries and bonuses for IB/S&T). Don’t know about SMEs, though I'd wager $3k to $4k is normal in good times, perhaps apply a discount given the COVID period.

Point is, I doubt that there will be a considerable reduction in graduate salaries even during the COVID times. Reduced headcount certainly, but wages are still very sticky on the whole.

Unregistered 29-09-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutenberg03129g (Post 146379)
Seems like people are really stretching the baton here with either a “accept whatever offer you get” attitude or “actually you should ask for much much more” mindset.

Reality is most MNCs are still paying $3.5k to $4.5k for fresh grads, Finance would generally be higher ($4.5k+ for BO, $5k+ for FO/MO and of course the huge salaries and bonuses for IB/S&T). Don’t know about SMEs, though I'd wager $3k to $4k is normal in good times, perhaps apply a discount given the COVID period.

Point is, I doubt that there will be a considerable reduction in graduate salaries even during the COVID times. Reduced headcount certainly, but wages are still very sticky on the whole.

Certain employers think that COVID-19 is a global nuke, we are all cavemen now, and we should all be hungry for the payment of 2 cows a month.

Unregistered 29-09-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146372)
Does it really matter if he has this view? That view is just a passive observation of how the world is unfolding and that it fortuitously happens to benefit his life. No need to be bitter. And he's not saying "f*ck you" either".

This is just my passive summary, no need for a wall of text for something which can be said in 1 sentence.

Unregistered 29-09-2020 09:48 PM

How much to expect for UOL grad

Unregistered 29-09-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146381)
This is just my passive summary, no need for a wall of text for something which can be said in 1 sentence.

Lol you say "wall of text" but I think this guy summed up your bitterness pretty concisely

Unregistered 30-09-2020 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146380)
Certain employers think that COVID-19 is a global nuke, we are all cavemen now, and we should all be hungry for the payment of 2 cows a month.

A whole live cow costs a few thousand dollars

Unregistered 30-09-2020 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146382)
How much to expect for UOL grad

Most SMEs give 2.2k-2.7k now, while most are addressing headcount issues.

If you can join MNCs, wages are also suppressed now, within 3k-3.4k.

It's not easy I know, companies are also cutting AWS and variable bonuses. Having a job in this climate is already very fortunate.

Unregistered 06-10-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146392)
Most SMEs give 2.2k-2.7k now, while most are addressing headcount issues.

If you can join MNCs, wages are also suppressed now, within 3k-3.4k.

It's not easy I know, companies are also cutting AWS and variable bonuses. Having a job in this climate is already very fortunate.

U sure know your stuff. Yup 2.5k is alrdy very good for starting pay, fully concur.