Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MSO Salary Scales (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1298-mso-salary-scales.html)

rabbit10 10-04-2011 12:46 AM

MSO Salary Scales

Hi

Can anybody share the salary scales for the different levels of the Management Support Officer Schemes, Grade VI, Grade V, Grade IV etc?

Thanks.

Unregistered 10-04-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbit10 (Post 11142)
Hi

Can anybody share the salary scales for the different levels of the Management Support Officer Schemes, Grade VI, Grade V, Grade IV etc?

Thanks.

Management Support Officer (MSO) Management Support Officers are deployed in different staff units of the Singapore Prison Service to assume various responsibilities. As a MSO, you will be able to use your meticulous organisational and administrative skills to assist in a variety of assignments. Required qualification: Diploma from any local polytechnic
Management Support Officer (MSO) Salary Scale

Entry Grade Minimum Salary Maximum Salary
MSO Grade VI $1580 $2263

Promotional Grade Minimum Salary Maximum Salary
Management Support Officer (MSO)
MSO Grade V $2111 $3396
MSO Grade IV $2520 $4190
MSO Grade III $3299 $5013
MSO Grade II $4144 $5674
MSO Grade I $5030 $6593
As a member of the Prisons Department, your job is indeed exciting and challenging. So you can expect to receive an attractive salary and bonuses. In addition, we also believe in rewarding you with a host of benefits and privileges like:

• Special allowance and Retention Payment Scheme for Junior Officers
• Retirement Fund Scheme
• Membership to Prisons Sports & Recreation Club
• Membership to Prisons Multi-Purpose Co-operative Society (special rates on loans & savings)
• 13 months' salary and variable bonuses
• 14 - 18 days annual leave
• Home renovation, vehicle and computer loans at special rates
• Medical and dental treatment at subsidised rates
• Group Term Insurance Scheme
• Cash vouchers on special occasions
• Holiday bungalows (both local and overseas)

Unregistered 21-04-2011 11:36 PM

Mso in mof

Hi

I am a Diploma Holder with Partial ACCA cert contemplating applying for a finance related job with MOF. I have more than 20years of experience in private sector and is currently drawing a pay of $5K+. Will I end up with a pay cut if I join the MOF? What will be the likely grade I will be pegged at under the MSO scheme? Thank you.

alrizduan 16-06-2011 04:06 PM

Can anyone share the promotion progress path for MSO? E.g. how many years to jump within each grade - Grade VI to Grade V, Grader V to Grade IV etc

Unregistered 02-08-2011 01:53 AM

Depends the boss like your face anot.. grade promotion and whether you got any opportunities to perform in Govt service is dependent on your boss. He decides whether you eat rice or drink tap water... Gd luck in you join us...

Unregistered 20-12-2011 12:22 PM

i am a mso 6 drawing 2.1k now... work for 2 years already... jin emo...

Unregistered 20-12-2011 01:55 PM

Grade VI to IV usually very fast, about 3 years per jump. IV to III takes forever (6-10 years) and anything after III is very selective, most people will retire as III or II.

Unregistered 06-03-2013 11:10 PM

mso starting pay

In line with revised salaries for PAX and MSO announced this wk, anyone knows whether starting salary (entry level) for MSOs (diploma holder) will be revised up as well? Under old scheme entry level used to be ard 1,750

Unregistered 07-03-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33949)
In line with revised salaries for PAX and MSO announced this wk, anyone knows whether starting salary (entry level) for MSOs (diploma holder) will be revised up as well? Under old scheme entry level used to be ard 1,750

Noowadays i heard my friend just enter as mso can get $2100... fresh grad sumore... btw where u heard abt mso pay increment?

Unregistered 08-03-2013 12:14 AM

mso pay was increased in all the polytechnics and ITEs...just last week. I guess this applies to mso's in all stat boards cos they follow same govt guidelines