UBS Financial Services Industry Academy - Page 50 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

UBS Financial Services Industry Academy

Old 04-08-2021, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Which argument?? The post from the guy this morning of which you decided to take the easy way out??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. Again, so how many have been in the program, how many converted, and how many left before the program ends? I’m not uptight about BB. You’re the one who is uptight when I mentioned UBS is a Low-tier BB (if it is even considered a BB at this point). Btw, have you looked up the meaning of BB?

2. Again, so what have you learned? Enough to earn more than $2500? And what do you do exactly? The same things as real IBs and WMs earning upwards of 6k after grad? Yup, sit down.

3. Why are you so upset? Regardless, I’ll answer your question. Yes - of course I’ll hire a BB FO over someone who is only good enough for a traineeship (and has close to zero eq acting as like they are FO bankers lol).

4. So are you telling me that those posts quoted by others a few days back aren’t true? That subconsciously the people in UBS aren’t approving of the program, they don’t think highly of these trainees and that the opportunities and conversion rate are close to nothing?

5. Calm down, you are probably part of the shameless bunch, but is there really a need to all caps? First of all, I’m not the poster(s) who outed the linkedin profiles earlier. Secondly, I don’t have to be a UBS employee to know what they do. From word of mouth (have a few friends in the trading desks @ 9 Penang Road) and reading posts by your alumni here is good enough. Do you seriously think they are running deals and talking to clients? Please.

Btw, why are you dodging questions in my previous post and instead opting to present moot arguments? If people aren’t convinced of the waning reputation of UBS and its traineeship program, I’m sure they are now judging by what I can only assume are your senseless “defenses”. “Fcking man mode”, “PS angry”. If you are unaware, MD wouldn’t supplement high-income earners remuneration unless they are KAH. In other words, if you are indeed a FO banker earning big bucks, it’s likely that you wouldn’t get called back if you are not a KAH.
Or are you referring to another argument??

Chill la. You think everyone so free like you meh. People only click in to scorn at how loserish some of y’all are. Drop the lame ass titles and act like who you really are. Aka trainees. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Resonate with the above poster that cringey ppl like you are actually getting laughed at hard behind your backs.

P.S. Am the guy who shared a few of your batchmates’ names a few days back

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 04-08-2021, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You don’t have to work in UBS or any bank to find people who inflate their LinkedIn credentials distasteful. Same goes for folks who claim that they graduated from University of (insert some UK/Aus place) without indicating that it was under an external, distance-learning programme. Technically speaking not wrong, just distasteful. Trust me, people don’t have to be in the industry to tell. And they don’t owe it to you to identify themselves before they can laugh at you. They just do it.

Before you ask, no I don’t work for UBS. I don’t even work in AnY BAnk. Just wanted to put it out here because I’m experiencing some 2nd hand embarrassment here reading through some of the posts defending such behaviour in this thread.
Think about how easy it is to land a traineeship then perhaps you can understand why they have to stoop so low as to inflate their titles. Let’s just laugh at how cringe some of them are will do.

2.5k Investment Bankers & Wealth Managers from UBS SUPER 2020/2021. Upz la.

Old 04-08-2021, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

real talk - stumbled upon this thread and went linkedin to kaypoh. don't see many ppl using "UBS SUPER TRAINEE" in their titles. How do ppl within the finance circle and outside of ubs able to differentiate between those in SUPER and the rest?

Old 04-08-2021, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
real talk - stumbled upon this thread and went linkedin to kaypoh. don't see many ppl using "UBS SUPER TRAINEE" in their titles. How do ppl within the finance circle and outside of ubs able to differentiate between those in SUPER and the rest?
If they're from local private unis, they're SUPER trainees. Big 3 unis most likely non-SUPER, though it's possible to see people with poor backgrounds (non-banking internships) and big 3 education in SUPER programs (but few and far between, don't think they'll settle for a 2.5k job when their batchmates are making 4k+ on average).
Old 04-08-2021, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
If they're from local private unis, they're SUPER trainees. Big 3 unis most likely non-SUPER, though it's possible to see people with poor backgrounds (non-banking internships) and big 3 education in SUPER programs (but few and far between, don't think they'll settle for a 2.5k job when their batchmates are making 4k+ on average).
what i did noticed is that there appears to be a 2 groups, one sticking to "Graduate Trainee" and the other just something along the lines of " GWM- Trainee". The latter often have less than 1 yr under their belt.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You’d be surprised. The program actually has quite a number of local graduates.
Aiya, not everyone can earn 4k+ after grad la. They omit trainee from their title cus they ps. Put IB and WM more satki, although it’s misleading.

Old 04-08-2021, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You’d be surprised. The program actually has quite a number of local graduates.
Aiya, not everyone can earn 4k+ after grad la. They omit trainee from their title cus they ps. Put IB and WM more satki, although it’s misleading.
Do these local grads have proper banking internships (discounting those with BO backgrounds)? It's understandable if local uni grads go there if they want to break into the finance industry without prior related experience. But given the cut-throat nature in local unis and especially so for business schools (constant comparison of internships between peers throughout the 3 or 4 years), I find it quite hard to believe that there is an actual sizable amount of local graduates in the SUPER program. I've been through the system and I know how it is. Anyone who's been through the same will tell you similar stories.

I personally don't know anyone with decent backgrounds and from local unis doing SUPER program.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Do these local grads have proper banking internships (discounting those with BO backgrounds)? It's understandable if local uni grads go there if they want to break into the finance industry without prior related experience. But given the cut-throat nature in local unis and especially so for business schools (constant comparison of internships between peers throughout the 3 or 4 years), I find it quite hard to believe that there is an actual sizable amount of local graduates in the SUPER program. I've been through the system and I know how it is. Anyone who's been through the same will tell you similar stories.

I personally don't know anyone with decent backgrounds and from local unis doing SUPER program.
Most of them arent those with 3-4 internships. Some are from non-biz degrees too. Anyway BO/MO graduate program already pays 4k+, makes no sense for them to join this program given that there’s little to almost zero chance of moving to the front office.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Though I'l add on that I've seen maybe 2 or 3 with local uni profiles on Linkedin.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Most of them arent those with 3-4 internships. Some are from non-biz degrees too. Anyway BO/MO graduate program already pays 4k+, makes no sense for them to join this program given that there’s little to almost zero chance of moving to the front office.
Makes sense. Personally I don't have a problem with SUPER trainees but they shouldn't oversell their roles and responsibilities on social media. In the end, it's just going to bite them when they do leave for another job. Finance background checks are very thorough, they're designed to trip applicants up and if they're not the real mccoy, then it's probably good riddance.