Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

UBS Financial Services Industry Academy

Old 04-08-2021, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. You are probably right. UBS is going downhill and is probably just a low-tier BB now at best. They require cheap labour to run menial paper work.

2. It’s a traineeship, not a training program. This isn’t like their GTP, there is no proper structure in place at all.

3. Please tell me you are smart enough to know that many people hold the same sentiments. Which other BB takes in SG United trainees? Yep, just UBS - hence, explaining its waning reputation.

4. Stop lying to yourself. What has been posted here by the previous batch is mostly accurate. If you are in the program, just continue to job hunt on the side. It’s to your best interests.

5. Please refrain from telling people that you are from investment banking or the front office. This is a big, big red flag. If you ever want to land a job in high finance, you need higher EQ.
Dont waste ur time trying to reason with SGUT. mind you, they are the type who think they are investment bankers and wealth managers after getting accepted into this joke of a traineeship lol. these ppl are there for a reason bruh.

Old 04-08-2021, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
1. You are probably right. UBS is going downhill and is probably just a low-tier BB now at best. They require cheap labour to run menial paper work.

2. It’s a traineeship, not a training program. This isn’t like their GTP, there is no proper structure in place at all.

3. Please tell me you are smart enough to know that many people hold the same sentiments. Which other BB takes in SG United trainees? Yep, just UBS - hence, explaining its waning reputation.

4. Stop lying to yourself. What has been posted here by the previous batch is mostly accurate. If you are in the program, just continue to job hunt on the side. It’s to your best interests.

5. Please refrain from telling people that you are from investment banking or the front office. This is a big, big red flag. If you ever want to land a job in high finance, you need higher EQ.
1. Low tier BB? UBS is still up there on a global scale. If they simply need cheap labour work, why did they convert certain trainees?

2. What structure? It IS a structured program. Just because it does not involve structured rotations like GTP, it does not mean it isnt structured. Btw the program is designed to upskill, not retain.

3. Because of that its waning reputation? LOL srsly. Why are you so uptight about BB? It's not even an official group of banks.

4. What have been posted by the previous batch? How true is it? You believe anonymous claims wtf? But you're right that trainees should continue to job hunt on the side as this isn't a GTP program.

5. You CAN tell people you're in a IB/FO division, but as a trainee. Not a full timer like a small group of trainees are claiming on their LinkedIn.

Man, some of you just enjoy looking down on other trainees. Some trainees probably have better EQ than y'all

Old 04-08-2021, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dont waste ur time trying to reason with SGUT. mind you, they are the type who think they are investment bankers and wealth managers after getting accepted into this joke of a traineeship lol. these ppl are there for a reason bruh.
thats a huge assumption from a person putting "Investment Banking or Global Wealth Management" as their title or division. You're an overly sensitive chap if you're getting butthurt by it lool. I mean, if you take your narrow vision and put it somewhere you'll see people putting "xx company IB interview round xx" into their linkedin experience as well does that make them Investment bankers as well??? or are you just whining here because you got rejected by SGUTs

Old 04-08-2021, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
1. Low tier BB? UBS is still up there on a global scale. If they simply need cheap labour work, why did they convert certain trainees?

2. What structure? It IS a structured program. Just because it does not involve structured rotations like GTP, it does not mean it isnt structured. Btw the program is designed to upskill, not retain.

3. Because of that its waning reputation? LOL srsly. Why are you so uptight about BB? It's not even an official group of banks.

4. What have been posted by the previous batch? How true is it? You believe anonymous claims wtf? But you're right that trainees should continue to job hunt on the side as this isn't a GTP program.

5. You CAN tell people you're in a IB/FO division, but as a trainee. Not a full timer like a small group of trainees are claiming on their LinkedIn.

Man, some of you just enjoy looking down on other trainees. Some trainees probably have better EQ than y'all
1. How many trainees are in each batch and how many gets converted? Or rather, how many remain till the completion of the “program”? On a global scale doesn’t help your argument at all. Do you even know what’s a BB? HSBC and SC are both on a global scale - are they considered BBs?

2. Your point here literally negates what you have said earlier - which again shows that the bank does not bother investing in trainees because they do not have intentions to retain. UBS is not a NGO, they have SHs to answer to. That said, just to entertain you - what have you learned? Is it enough for you to gain employment at UBS FT? I doubt it.

3. A null point. Seems like you’re just whining. Come to terms with reality and just get better.

4. There are plenty of posts from your seniors (some asked/requested by the incoming batch earlier this year). Whether they are genuine or not, I believe you have some common sense to arrive at your own conclusion. Regardless, if you are dismissing claims because they are anonymous - then shouldn’t this thread be shut down? Given your logic, no one should take any posts here seriously. If that’s the case, why are you still here? And why did you bother conjuring up a reply (albeit uninformed)?

5. Who said that you can’t tell people that you are a trainee in whichever division? The problem is most people omit “TRAINEE” and act as if they are FO full-timers. Just put what is stated in your contract - which is UBS Super Trainee (12-month contract). The work done is mostly ops and menial paper work anyway.

People with IB/GWM titles actually have job contracts which regurgitate them btw. They did not just click apply and join hundreds of fellow trainees earning $2500.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
1. How many trainees are in each batch and how many gets converted? Or rather, how many remain till the completion of the “program”? On a global scale doesn’t help your argument at all. Do you even know what’s a BB? HSBC and SC are both on a global scale - are they considered BBs?

2. Your point here literally negates what you have said earlier - which again shows that the bank does not bother investing in trainees because they do not have intentions to retain. UBS is not a NGO, they have SHs to answer to. That said, just to entertain you - what have you learned? Is it enough for you to gain employment at UBS FT? I doubt it.

3. A null point. Seems like you’re just whining. Come to terms with reality and just get better.

4. There are plenty of posts from your seniors (some asked/requested by the incoming batch earlier this year). Whether they are genuine or not, I believe you have some common sense to arrive at your own conclusion. Regardless, if you are dismissing claims because they are anonymous - then shouldn’t this thread be shut down? Given your logic, no one should take any posts here seriously. If that’s the case, why are you still here? And why did you bother conjuring up a reply (albeit uninformed)?

5. Who said that you can’t tell people that you are a trainee in whichever division? The problem is most people omit “TRAINEE” and act as if they are FO full-timers. Just put what is stated in your contract - which is UBS Super Trainee (12-month contract). The work done is mostly ops and menial paper work anyway.

People with IB/GWM titles actually have job contracts which regurgitate them btw. They did not just click apply and join hundreds of fellow trainees earning $2500.
1. Trainees in this program are not supposed to expect conversion. It is outright clear that it is for upskilling and not for retainment. Even the courses prepared are to improve their employability. HOWEVER, a number of trainees HAVE been converted by UBS. The hiring managers know more about the trainees than you do so stay where you are. Why are you so uptight about BBs? It's just a general term with no definitive list. It's not relevant info in this case.

2. UBS does not bother investing in the trainees? Do you even have any idea what is prepared within the program? It's clear that you don't. You think these people come to office, fetch coffee, do data entry and go home.

3. You started mentioning BB which is totally irrelevant. Would you hire a douchebag just because he was from a BB FO?

4. This thread should be shut down because of people like you who are just here to attack trainees in the program. There are plenty of posts by people who claimed to be attending. Some may be true, some may not be. But what is 100% true that you're as clueless and anyone else who have not attended the program. I came here to see what the program is about but all I got was a bunch of nonsense.

5. THEN TELL THEM PRIVATELY HAHA. It's beyond me that you're so bothered about those trainees. I already said I agree with you 100%. They shouldn't mislead others/themselves as FT roles. So what now? Our next course of action to b!tch about it here? You fckin man mode.
"The work done is mostly ops and menial paper work anyway."
You're not even a UBS employee yet you can say this for sure for the entire group of trainees. What a fool.

Ok la my PS angry already I need to go force prep fml
Old 04-08-2021, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
1. Trainees in this program are not supposed to expect conversion. It is outright clear that it is for upskilling and not for retainment. Even the courses prepared are to improve their employability. HOWEVER, a number of trainees HAVE been converted by UBS. The hiring managers know more about the trainees than you do so stay where you are. Why are you so uptight about BBs? It's just a general term with no definitive list. It's not relevant info in this case.

2. UBS does not bother investing in the trainees? Do you even have any idea what is prepared within the program? It's clear that you don't. You think these people come to office, fetch coffee, do data entry and go home.

3. You started mentioning BB which is totally irrelevant. Would you hire a douchebag just because he was from a BB FO?

4. This thread should be shut down because of people like you who are just here to attack trainees in the program. There are plenty of posts by people who claimed to be attending. Some may be true, some may not be. But what is 100% true that you're as clueless and anyone else who have not attended the program. I came here to see what the program is about but all I got was a bunch of nonsense.

5. THEN TELL THEM PRIVATELY HAHA. It's beyond me that you're so bothered about those trainees. I already said I agree with you 100%. They shouldn't mislead others/themselves as FT roles. So what now? Our next course of action to b!tch about it here? You fckin man mode.
"The work done is mostly ops and menial paper work anyway."
You're not even a UBS employee yet you can say this for sure for the entire group of trainees. What a fool.

Ok la my PS angry already I need to go force prep fml
1. Again, so how many have been in the program, how many converted, and how many left before the program ends? I’m not uptight about BB. You’re the one who is uptight when I mentioned UBS is a Low-tier BB (if it is even considered a BB at this point). Btw, have you looked up the meaning of BB?

2. Again, so what have you learned? Enough to earn more than $2500? And what do you do exactly? The same things as real IBs and WMs earning upwards of 6k after grad? Yup, sit down.

3. Why are you so upset? Regardless, I’ll answer your question. Yes - of course I’ll hire a BB FO over someone who is only good enough for a traineeship (and has close to zero eq acting as like they are FO bankers lol).

4. So are you telling me that those posts quoted by others a few days back aren’t true? That subconsciously the people in UBS aren’t approving of the program, they don’t think highly of these trainees and that the opportunities and conversion rate are close to nothing?

5. Calm down, you are probably part of the shameless bunch, but is there really a need to all caps? First of all, I’m not the poster(s) who outed the linkedin profiles earlier. Secondly, I don’t have to be a UBS employee to know what they do. From word of mouth (have a few friends in the trading desks @ 9 Penang Road) and reading posts by your alumni here is good enough. Do you seriously think they are running deals and talking to clients? Please.

Btw, why are you dodging questions in my previous post and instead opting to present moot arguments? If people aren’t convinced of the waning reputation of UBS and its traineeship program, I’m sure they are now judging by what I can only assume are your senseless “defenses”. “Fcking man mode”, “PS angry”. If you are unaware, MD wouldn’t supplement high-income earners remuneration unless they are KAH. In other words, if you are indeed a FO banker earning big bucks, it’s likely that you wouldn’t get called back if you are not a KAH.

Old 04-08-2021, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
1. Again, so how many have been in the program, how many converted, and how many left before the program ends? I’m not uptight about BB. You’re the one who is uptight when I mentioned UBS is a Low-tier BB (if it is even considered a BB at this point). Btw, have you looked up the meaning of BB?

2. Again, so what have you learned? Enough to earn more than $2500? And what do you do exactly? The same things as real IBs and WMs earning upwards of 6k after grad? Yup, sit down.

3. Why are you so upset? Regardless, I’ll answer your question. Yes - of course I’ll hire a BB FO over someone who is only good enough for a traineeship (and has close to zero eq acting as like they are FO bankers lol).

4. So are you telling me that those posts quoted by others a few days back aren’t true? That subconsciously the people in UBS aren’t approving of the program, they don’t think highly of these trainees and that the opportunities and conversion rate are close to nothing?

5. Calm down, you are probably part of the shameless bunch, but is there really a need to all caps? First of all, I’m not the poster(s) who outed the linkedin profiles earlier. Secondly, I don’t have to be a UBS employee to know what they do. From word of mouth (have a few friends in the trading desks @ 9 Penang Road) and reading posts by your alumni here is good enough. Do you seriously think they are running deals and talking to clients? Please.

Btw, why are you dodging questions in my previous post and instead opting to present moot arguments? If people aren’t convinced of the waning reputation of UBS and its traineeship program, I’m sure they are now judging by what I can only assume are your senseless “defenses”. “Fcking man mode”, “PS angry”. If you are unaware, MD wouldn’t supplement high-income earners remuneration unless they are KAH. In other words, if you are indeed a FO banker earning big bucks, it’s likely that you wouldn’t get called back if you are not a KAH.
honestly stopped reading your delusional cries for attention at this point of the thread, but you seem to be the one selectively replying to posts.. but bottom line is if you were half the man behind the screen as you behave on this forum, you've long contacted the individual who has been upsetting you with their titles rather than coming over here with your tears
Old 04-08-2021, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

bro, what argument? they just want to be 2.5k investment bankers dont need waste time disturb them. if u want stop siam-ing ur brutally honest qns u slowly wait lo
Old 04-08-2021, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

if u want them*
Old 04-08-2021, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

bro u ok? you dropped this. *salt*