Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 27-08-2020 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144583)
The ppl who accept $2.5k are probably not those you want in front office roles. How seriously can one take an IBD analyst earning $2.5k, will companies trust these ppl with m&a?

You sound like you have no idea how this whole game works

Unregistered 27-08-2020 04:57 AM

ubs

Gonna be rejecting the offer. I dont think its worth it to be possibly working IBD hours for only 2.5k. while they mention its a traineeship, im sure we are expected to do normal day to day work as well, which probably involves long hours. Plus other traineeships at banks (DBS UOB) actually gives more leave days for the 1 year contract.

To me UBS is just using their prestige to attract cheap labor. Granted they might have a more comprehensive training prog in place but I doubt the knowledge is that tough to pick up in finance if you know your stuff.

Unregistered 27-08-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144583)
The ppl who accept $2.5k are probably not those you want in front office roles. How seriously can one take an IBD analyst earning $2.5k, will companies trust these ppl with m&a?

Hard truths...

Unregistered 27-08-2020 08:33 AM

For those who already hold a full-time position, will you take up the offer?

I understand the experience in GM will be extremely valuable, but the compensation package fell short of my expectation.

I initially thought it was full salary that's why I applied.

Unregistered 27-08-2020 09:01 AM

Nobody thinks it will be all worth it if eventually can convert? I mean 3 work days per week is like working half a month, $2500 for half a month is ok?

Unregistered 27-08-2020 10:06 AM

why is it 3 days a week? isn't it full-time?

Unregistered 27-08-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144551)
As a fresh grad w a FT MA job, its almost a 50% pay cut? Depends on what's important to you

what's UBS GA/MA pay for GWM?

Unregistered 27-08-2020 11:02 AM

Honestly saying guys, in a time like this and especially if you are a fresh grad just starting out, your focus shouldn't be on the salary but what kind of learning opportunity you can gain from this experience.

Chase the right skill sets, the money will follow after.

Unregistered 27-08-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144598)
Nobody thinks it will be all worth it if eventually can convert? I mean 3 work days per week is like working half a month, $2500 for half a month is ok?

It will definitely be worth it if there is conversion at the end of the program. Although the compensation is not ideal but I feel if (i) you have no/minimal prior internship experience in an IB (ii) from a non-acc/biz/fin background, its worth a shot.

Unregistered 27-08-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144605)
what's UBS GA/MA pay for GWM?

UBS gtp pays 8-10k for GWM