Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 05-08-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179390)
Didn’t participate in this banter before but fyi I found someone on LinkedIn - working in Lazard FT now after doing SGUT

He's my friend. He was a Graduate Trainee (GTP) with UBS who hopped on to Lazard because they offered 12k.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179391)
He's my friend. He was a Graduate Trainee (GTP) with UBS who hopped on to Lazard because they offered 12k.

In other words different breed from SUPER trainees

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179391)

OIC I thought he was a super trainee as his LinkedIn indicated contract which is atypical. And usually those in GTP don’t put trainee as their title.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179402)
OIC I thought he was a super trainee as his LinkedIn indicated contract which is atypical. And usually those in GTP don’t put trainee as their title.

Seems like SGUT. GTP starts in Jul, SUPER starts in Oct.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179402)

His Linkedin does not indicate contract, check again. There are 2 types in UBS. The 1st is trainees or SUPER Trainees and the 2nd type is Graduate Talents (GTP) or Graduate Trainees. It's unfortunate that they can be easily mixed up especially those new or outside finance, which is why this thread has been flaming. I don't think the full-time GTP talents who place their bios as Trainees know that they're easily mixed in with the SUPER Trainees crowd because these SUPER Trainees tend to omit the SUPER in their job titles.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179405)
His Linkedin does not indicate contract, check again. There are 2 types in UBS. The 1st is trainees or SUPER Trainees and the 2nd type is Graduate Talents (GTP) or Graduate Trainees. It's unfortunate that they can be easily mixed up especially those new or outside finance, which is why this thread has been flaming. I don't think the full-time GTP talents who place their bios as Trainees know that they're easily mixed in with the SUPER Trainees crowd because these SUPER Trainees tend to omit the SUPER in their job titles.

You just view his profile via browser? If you check in LinkedIn app then it will indicate contract. Or does that only show up for certain people due to privacy settings? I mean I used to work in ubs so maybe 2nd connections that’s why?

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179406)
You just view his profile via browser? If you check in LinkedIn app then it will indicate contract. Or does that only show up for certain people due to privacy settings? I mean I used to work in ubs so maybe 2nd connections that’s why?

Could be. I'll be shocked if he was on contract, he used to intern in several big and medium size Buy-side firms as you know. For him to fall from such a high pedestal would be quite difficult to comprehend.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:49 PM

Though I just remembered it could be a practice by Investment Banks. I remember CS giving their IB Analysts 2 year contracts (not sure if it's still around) nd I believe JPM or GS used to do that until they abolished that practice about 10 or more years ago. Not sure if UBS holds on to this 2-year contract practice.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 03:23 AM

Ex-trainee here and have heard those IB trainee have all converted or had found roles in BB like Barclays, Citi and Lazard earning 5 digits per month. Most of the trainees here are high calibre individuals that doesnt differ much from GTP although there are definitely donkeys here

Unregistered 06-08-2021 04:30 AM

if you are not part of the program plz dont assume. i am currently with the IB team and the compensation is different from the WM side although not as high as the full time. you think its easy to enter? juz go and look up some IB trainee this batch on linkedin and their background (Nxxxxxxx Axxxxx, Nxxxxxxx Mxxxxxx, Axxxx Txxxx, Jxxxxx, Jxx Wxx L)