Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 05-08-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179298)
Can we stop acting like 2.5k vs 10k is a big diff? Even if you earn 300k a year you are still gonna take 5 years without eating or paying taxes to buy a decent sized condo for your family. Unless you are cool with a studio apartment for your wife and kids. Oh yeah and don’t for get it excludes your Maserati. Direct your anger at inflationary pressures and full fledged careless monetary policies please.

I think what this guy is saying is that doesn’t matter if you earn 2.5k or 10k, even if you earn 300k you still aren’t exactly rich unless you can earn that sum in real terms even when you are 100. I, too, think that people should not inflate their jobs, but the topic about SGUT vs FT ain’t worth a 50+ thread of toxicity. Better to put our mind on solving global issues like inflationary pressures and monetary policies.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179351)
MO/BO both equally useless. These SUPER trainees are also trash but IMO if they do 1 yr exp there still better prospects than those perm MO BO analyst.

Nonsense IMO. Compliance (BO) in CS already pays $4k which is more than 50% vs SUPER Trainees.

The SUPER program has been running since 2020 so the 1st batch would have graduated by now or will be graduating soon. Even if they haven't graduated, if they've got the required requisite for FO Banking than they would have jumped even before their SUPER contracts are up, there's no handcuffs tying SUPER trainees to their contracts unlike the real OG FT IB or GWM analysts. Where are these prospects that you speak of? Why is it that we can't find them on Linkedin?

Unregistered 05-08-2021 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179377)
Nonsense IMO. Compliance (BO) in CS already pays $4k which is more than 50% vs SUPER Trainees.

The SUPER program has been running since 2020 so the 1st batch would have graduated by now or will be graduating soon. Even if they haven't graduated, if they've got the required requisite for FO Banking than they would have jumped even before their SUPER contracts are up, there's no handcuffs tying SUPER trainees to their contracts unlike the real OG FT IB or GWM analysts. Where are these prospects that you speak of? Why is it that we can't find them on Linkedin?

chill ah bro, that poster is probably a sgut. by the way, mo/bo for BB grad programs pay 4k to 5k, common knowledge. iirc, an acquaintance of mine got converted after super to do ops, but she only drawing 3.5k. ubs ops gtp starts @ 4.4 and with program increment, 1 year later should be close to 4.8-5 so still got drastic diff

Unregistered 05-08-2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179375)
I think what this guy is saying is that doesn’t matter if you earn 2.5k or 10k, even if you earn 300k you still aren’t exactly rich unless you can earn that sum in real terms even when you are 100. I, too, think that people should not inflate their jobs, but the topic about SGUT vs FT ain’t worth a 50+ thread of toxicity. Better to put our mind on solving global issues like inflationary pressures and monetary policies.

LOL you're clearly the same person. Why do you have to talk about inflationary pressures and monetary policies if you're not the same person? Why the lengthy response time (took you a day to craft out an answer), trying to shift goalposts?

The point is simple, if you're FO banking, you don't have to worry about your salaries not keeping up with inflation. If you're making 2.5k per month, perhaps you have to worry. Long-term inflation has always been targeted at 2% per annum, if it rises beyond that, that's when the Central Banks would intervene to keep it below 2%. MNCs would typically account for this and give 2-3% increment every year even if you perform the same or badly (if you're not fired yet). Going back to Banking, GS just announced a 10-15% pay bump for their analysts and this is in response to other banks doing likewise. Granted this is due to the intense competition for talents (oh the irony in this thread) but tell me when would someone making 2.5k ever receive a 10% bump for no particular reason at all?

Of course, 300k is not going to get you your bungalows or sports car but it is comfortable upper-middle class living. We talk about real wages here becauase MNCs has already accounted for that so what makes you think they'll still pay $300k 70-80 years later?

There's a reason why inequality is growing throughout the world, that's because the rich gets richer while the poor lags behind with inflationary pressures and stagnant wages.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 07:56 PM

Come on, coming to a thread like this to solve big issues like inflationary pressures and monetary policies? Who do you think you are? Even Investment Bankers doesn't have such arrogance and such motherhood thinking.

I'll like to see you change the world for one rather than shooting your mouth off like you do here.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179379)
chill ah bro, that poster is probably a sgut. by the way, mo/bo for BB grad programs pay 4k to 5k, common knowledge. iirc, an acquaintance of mine got converted after super to do ops, but she only drawing 3.5k. ubs ops gtp starts @ 4.4 and with program increment, 1 year later should be close to 4.8-5 so still got drastic diff

Well I'm not going to comment much based on your personal anecdote but i'll just say that it's just based off a sample size of 1 and can hardly be applied to all SGUT trainees. I write about what I see on Linkedin *(which has a larger sample size) and this can be seen by everyone else so they can decide for myself. I don't see any on Linkedin, thus my judgement based on the Linkedin sample size.

I'm not personally angry or anything but I think it's highly irresponsible to try and potray a situation which is quite contrary to what I see on Linkedin. There are young undergraduates in this thread who's gonna think that there is an opportunity for conversion, sign that SGUT contract and only realise that the odds for conversion are not what they believe it to be. What happens if these undergraduates' decisions are contigent on what they see in this thread? Are these SGUT people going to be responsible for screwing over someone else's life?

Unregistered 05-08-2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179383)
Well I'm not going to comment much based on your personal anecdote but i'll just say that it's just based off a sample size of 1 and can hardly be applied to all SGUT trainees. I write about what I see on Linkedin *(which has a larger sample size) and this can be seen by everyone else so they can decide for myself. I don't see any on Linkedin, thus my judgement based on the Linkedin sample size.

I'm not personally angry or anything but I think it's highly irresponsible to try and potray a situation which is quite contrary to what I see on Linkedin. There are young undergraduates in this thread who's gonna think that there is an opportunity for conversion, sign that SGUT contract and only realise that the odds for conversion are not what they believe it to be. What happens if these undergraduates' decisions are contigent on what they see in this thread? Are these SGUT people going to be responsible for screwing over someone else's life?

This program not good meh? Title can change to “Investment Banking” and “Global Wealth Management” 🤣

Unregistered 05-08-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179375)

you must be joking. Do you know how much more you can do with 200-300k than 2.5?
Putting your personal indulgence aside, the amount of policies you can insure for yourself and your loved ones, the quality of life you can provide for your loved ones. Do you know how much faster I can pay off my mortgages and pool the rest of the resources to my investment. Let's be real - the endgame for 99% of the working professionals is to build a strong and reliable retirement nest egg. Solving global issues? Then go run for a political office and start making REAL changes - not banks. Even the folks at ESG also don't make stupid comments like this.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179384)
This program not good meh? Title can change to “Investment Banking” and “Global Wealth Management” 🤣

I understand it's a light-hearted joke but I don't wish to wade into that. 😂

I think there are a lot of legitimate questions that are left unanswered and most posts are without substantiation. I try to provide mine by referring people to Linkedin so that they can decide for themselves. It's just that people really need to be more discerning on what they read online, most other posts are just nonsenscial.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 09:19 PM

Didn’t participate in this banter before but fyi I found someone on LinkedIn - working in Lazard FT now after doing SGUT