Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 26-05-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170573)
Hi, I received this email response from one of the associates from UBS HR in charge of hiring this year's batch of trainees under this program:

...the bank does not intend to offer a direct conversion for graduates joining our team trough this program. However, you are more than welcome to apply for our full time roles, subject to future vacancies, and contingent on satisfying the relevant assessments and evaluations during the interview process.

Hope this clarifies any misconceptions.

Thank you for obtaining this clarification which is very much needed for all the prospective UBS trainees. I believe this point has also been reiterated many times in this thread. There are no intention to offer conversion for trainees especially when there are existing summer and semester penultimate internships when the best undergrads fight it out for perm roles. There are even more interns than the perm vacancies themselves; so what say SGunited trainees?

Hope this clarifies!

Unregistered 26-05-2021 08:23 PM

Honestly speaking , just take this as an internship experience and continue sourcing for other available opportunities. If you are good enough you will get an offer no matter where u go. Why even need to worry about conversion unless you don’t think you are good enough

Unregistered 26-05-2021 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170710)
Honestly speaking , just take this as an internship experience and continue sourcing for other available opportunities. If you are good enough you will get an offer no matter where u go. Why even need to worry about conversion unless you don’t think you are good enough

But what if I NUS BBA and they reject me? :(

Unregistered 26-05-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170737)

haha what’s with nus bba. everyone knows local degrees are decent but not overly spectacular😂😂

Unregistered 26-05-2021 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170753)
haha what’s with nus bba. everyone knows local degrees are decent but not overly spectacular😂😂

Don’t like that say. NUS BBA can dream and apply to DBS SME Banking ok!! (altho I kena rejected twice for conversion and direct hire)

Unregistered 27-05-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170737)

Yucks. What a failure.

Unregistered 28-05-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169218)
Do you think this programme has good prospects? Or would it be a waste of time?
@current trainees

Only apply if you have no previous exp

Unregistered 28-05-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169251)
Hello everyone, I have already received my verbal offer call and just received my background check email today. Regarding some of the question everyone has, I think the program is quite worth it as I had spoken to the Hr if conversions are possible and it is, provided you do a good job and there’s enough headcount space in the team. I noticed on LinkedIn too that some of them were able to do it. Of course it’s not the most ideal job since it only pays 2.5k and it’s a 1 year contract, but if you think about it, you get to put on your cv that you worked in ubs, you get paid 2.5k for 3 days of work and also get sponsored courses as part of the work-study program. The notice period is also one month, so you could also just look for other jobs while in this program, it’s better than nothing I guess.

Optimistic child... the ratio is very low

Unregistered 28-05-2021 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171027)
Optimistic child... the ratio is very low

I think all can come to the conclusion that only take this up if no better option. The person in question will also keep applying outside for jobs one la only using this as a temporary work. It still beats rotting at home. Moreover for the past 1 year mostly wfh just chillax and take some pocket money while looking out.

Unless the person wanna put his/her pride down and do grab food while looking for jobs that probably can pay better as a temp job but at the expense of employment gap.

Unregistered 29-05-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170756)
Don’t like that say. NUS BBA can dream and apply to DBS SME Banking ok!! (altho I kena rejected twice for conversion and direct hire)

Really damn xia suay