Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 15-05-2021 09:20 AM

shall we make a tele group for the 2021 batch?

Unregistered 15-05-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168860)
shall we make a tele group for the 2021 batch?

A tele group for all the bois with no future

Unregistered 17-05-2021 03:21 PM

Did anyone receive the offer from HR already?

Unregistered 17-05-2021 03:23 PM

Final Interview

Anyone getting interviewed by HR this week for offer package?
Not sure why they want to do all these formalities when it seems like salary is fixed ... is there any room for negotiation?

Unregistered 17-05-2021 03:36 PM

I had a very different interview experience from people in the thread. Chose IBD as first choice and 1st interview was with 2EDs & 1 junior from GFS team. 2nd interview was with one of the EDs from the 1st interview who works in the Prime Brokerage division and was mainly to share more about his role, my expectations and to answer any questions I had.

I was quite confident I was going to take the offer if given until I read this thread and now I still don't know what exactly to expect after reading this whole thread. Anyone worked in PB?

Unregistered 17-05-2021 05:26 PM

Anyone who is currently in the programme itself and has updates/news about your conversion to full-time (or the lack thereof)?

Unregistered 17-05-2021 05:39 PM

Do you think this programme has good prospects? Or would it be a waste of time?
@current trainees

Unregistered 17-05-2021 10:28 PM

Hello everyone, I have already received my verbal offer call and just received my background check email today. Regarding some of the question everyone has, I think the program is quite worth it as I had spoken to the Hr if conversions are possible and it is, provided you do a good job and there’s enough headcount space in the team. I noticed on LinkedIn too that some of them were able to do it. Of course it’s not the most ideal job since it only pays 2.5k and it’s a 1 year contract, but if you think about it, you get to put on your cv that you worked in ubs, you get paid 2.5k for 3 days of work and also get sponsored courses as part of the work-study program. The notice period is also one month, so you could also just look for other jobs while in this program, it’s better than nothing I guess.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169251)
Hello everyone, I have already received my verbal offer call and just received my background check email today. Regarding some of the question everyone has, I think the program is quite worth it as I had spoken to the Hr if conversions are possible and it is, provided you do a good job and there’s enough headcount space in the team. I noticed on LinkedIn too that some of them were able to do it. Of course it’s not the most ideal job since it only pays 2.5k and it’s a 1 year contract, but if you think about it, you get to put on your cv that you worked in ubs, you get paid 2.5k for 3 days of work and also get sponsored courses as part of the work-study program. The notice period is also one month, so you could also just look for other jobs while in this program, it’s better than nothing I guess.

Who? Any names?

Unregistered 18-05-2021 06:11 AM

I spoke to HR too and she told me there’s conversion chances but not 100% she also said can change department after awhile too so will be taking the offer