Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 25-04-2021 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166536)
Thats where you are wrong.

Imagine you are applying to BB MO/BO. Will your chances of going to GS/JPM in a similar role be lower or higher if you are coming from DBS as compared to say UBS/CS/MS?

Here's where you're wrong.

I got a role in equities at JPM even though i did only a previous internship at UOB and another at big 4.

So myopic

Unregistered 25-04-2021 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166557)
Here's where you're wrong.

I got a role in equities at JPM even though i did only a previous internship at UOB and another at big 4.

So myopic

which desk and what function?

hard to believe that u broke into S&T FO w/o other significant accomplishments (e.g. stock pitch comps etc.)

fellow jpmc here

Unregistered 25-04-2021 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166557)
Here's where you're wrong.

I got a role in equities at JPM even though i did only a previous internship at UOB and another at big 4.

So myopic

The very fact that you mentioned that you made it into JPM shows that brand matters rofl (assuming you’re speaking the truth that is)

Are you telling me that if JPM comes knocking you’d have chosen UOB/B4 internships over JPM? Don’t be ridiculous. Besides, even though Big 4 and UOB aren’t big brand names, they are STILL brand names. Do you honestly believe branding doesn’t matter and you’d still be able to break into equities @ JPM if your past experiences were from no-name boutiques? LMAO

Unregistered 25-04-2021 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166564)
which desk and what function?

hard to believe that u broke into S&T FO w/o other significant accomplishments (e.g. stock pitch comps etc.)

fellow jpmc here

Uob ops intern and big 4 audit. I didnt attend case comp.

Unregistered 25-04-2021 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166568)
Uob ops intern and big 4 audit. I didnt attend case comp.

so u are in BO la lol

Unregistered 25-04-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166567)
The very fact that you mentioned that you made it into JPM shows that brand matters rofl (assuming you’re speaking the truth that is)

Are you telling me that if JPM comes knocking you’d have chosen UOB/B4 internships over JPM? Don’t be ridiculous. Besides, even though Big 4 and UOB aren’t big brand names, they are STILL brand names. Do you honestly believe branding doesn’t matter and you’d still be able to break into equities @ JPM if your past experiences were from no-name boutiques? LMAO

I think pea brain like u dont get the point
By ur definition of brand name every company that u know is alr considered as having a 'brand name' alr.
The previous post stated that all the top firms will ofc prefer "brand names" like those im BB firms relative to local firms, but my point is that I was saying that it does not matter, as u see from my internships.

Its about how u speak and sell urself. U can have such a good intern portfolio but u are **** at talking, u will def fail any assessment centre and let alone any BB interviews.

So narrow minded

Unregistered 25-04-2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166567)
The very fact that you mentioned that you made it into JPM shows that brand matters rofl (assuming you’re speaking the truth that is)

Are you telling me that if JPM comes knocking you’d have chosen UOB/B4 internships over JPM? Don’t be ridiculous. Besides, even though Big 4 and UOB aren’t big brand names, they are STILL brand names. Do you honestly believe branding doesn’t matter and you’d still be able to break into equities @ JPM if your past experiences were from no-name boutiques? LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166567)
The very fact that you mentioned that you made it into JPM shows that brand matters rofl (assuming you’re speaking the truth that is)

Are you telling me that if JPM comes knocking you’d have chosen UOB/B4 internships over JPM? Don’t be ridiculous. Besides, even though Big 4 and UOB aren’t big brand names, they are STILL brand names. Do you honestly believe branding doesn’t matter and you’d still be able to break into equities @ JPM if your past experiences were from no-name boutiques? LMAO

I think pea brain like u dont get the point
By ur definition of brand name every company that u know is alr considered as having a 'brand name' alr.
The previous post stated that all the top firms will ofc prefer "brand names" like those im BB firms relative to local firms, but my point is that I was saying that it does not matter, as u see from my internships.

Its about how u speak and sell urself. U can have such a good intern portfolio but u are **** at talking, u will def fail any assessment centre and let alone any BB interviews

Nevermind la. Someone ur level cant understand. Throughout my interview with JPM all they asked were my skills and experiences as opposed to the firm i interned in

Unregistered 25-04-2021 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166569)
so u are in BO la lol

Bro im in equities trading desk. Or maybe u too dumb to understand

Unregistered 26-04-2021 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166536)
Thats where you are wrong.

Imagine you are applying to BB MO/BO. Will your chances of going to GS/JPM in a similar role be lower or higher if you are coming from DBS as compared to say UBS/CS/MS?

Hard to reason with stupid bro.

That guy is probably a troll, just ignore him.

Unregistered 26-04-2021 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166573)
Bro im in equities trading desk. Or maybe u too dumb to understand

csb. big 4 and UOB ops break into BB FO.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2