Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 24-04-2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166458)
I only had one internship and a bank and the rest are like meh, but i still got 4 offers from banks? Irrelevant

??? Are you stupid?

You just said you had a brand name internship from a bank.

Unregistered 24-04-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166455)
Maybe this is the reason why you cant find a job and am going for a traineeship.

Employers dont look at brand names, but ur job scope, responsibilities, skills etc.

The person who posted this is either a troll or just really really dense

Unregistered 24-04-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166459)
??? Are you stupid?

You just said you had a brand name internship from a bank.

The bank internship i took was lloyd bank whos presence here is almost non existence. What brand name u talking about?

Unregistered 24-04-2021 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166458)
I only had one internship and a bank and the rest are like meh, but i still got 4 offers from banks? Irrelevant

Lloyd bank, Sri Lanka bank, bank of India and ANZ?

“Employers don’t look at brand names” 🤣

Unregistered 24-04-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166473)
Lloyd bank, Sri Lanka bank, bank of India and ANZ?

“Employers don’t look at brand names” 🤣

Internship at Bank or middle office is overrated. I have 4 years of experience. I can tell you the salary is average. 6k to 8k AVP in 5 to 8 years? There are plenty of MNC that can pay that amount (Most fortune 500 companies should be able to pay at that range). You dont have to go to the bank.

Unregistered 24-04-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166473)
Lloyd bank, Sri Lanka bank, bank of India and ANZ?

“Employers don’t look at brand names” 🤣

You're not even getting the point of what that poster is saying.

The traineeship guy was saying UBS brand name not bad, worth the low salary for 1 year. But the guy was just saying dont go just for the brand name.

Why so defensive sia

Unregistered 24-04-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166477)
You're not even getting the point of what that poster is saying.

The traineeship guy was saying UBS brand name not bad, worth the low salary for 1 year. But the guy was just saying dont go just for the brand name.

Why so defensive sia

No one is being defensive here lol. On the contrary, you are giving pretty stupid advice.

For someone who has no better prospects, a UBS traineeship beats a SME traineeship any day of the week.

P.S. I myself am in a MA program in a foreign bank.

Unregistered 24-04-2021 10:09 PM

Brand name obviously matters.

Harvard vs NUS
GS/JPM vs DBS/OCBC
FAANG vs IMDA
MBB vs Tier 2

Unregistered 25-04-2021 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166479)
Brand name obviously matters.

Harvard vs NUS
GS/JPM vs DBS/OCBC
FAANG vs IMDA
MBB vs Tier 2

Jobs matter more than brand especially for BO and MO jobs. But for jobs like FO, brand matters because you have more exposure to larger asset pool. Similar to tech as well, working at google means you are dealing with high traffic application vs imda. The nature job itself is actually different although same title.

Nowadays, engineer working at self driving car can earn 500k to millions at Tesla/Google but it is called software engineer. Ah beng working at NTUC POS system is also called software engineer with 40k salary.

Unregistered 25-04-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166527)
Jobs matter more than brand especially for BO and MO jobs. But for jobs like FO, brand matters because you have more exposure to larger asset pool. Similar to tech as well, working at google means you are dealing with high traffic application vs imda. The nature job itself is actually different although same title.

Nowadays, engineer working at self driving car can earn 500k to millions at Tesla/Google but it is called software engineer. Ah beng working at NTUC POS system is also called software engineer with 40k salary.

Thats where you are wrong.

Imagine you are applying to BB MO/BO. Will your chances of going to GS/JPM in a similar role be lower or higher if you are coming from DBS as compared to say UBS/CS/MS?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2