Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 26-08-2020 10:58 AM

is this programme just like the SGUnited traineeship, but being packaged into a nicer name?

Unregistered 26-08-2020 11:01 AM

Omg 2.5k salary? Is that pay same for all role? I interviewed for 3 roles but still didn't get back to me which role I am given. Will GWM be given a different pay?

Unregistered 26-08-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144524)
is this programme just like the SGUnited traineeship, but being packaged into a nicer name?

This program is under Job support scheme not SgUnited traineeship, I think the key difference is that SGUnited traineeships allowances are capped at $2300 but JSS is fund directly given to company, UBS used this fund to have this programme. But the trainees are non-regulated hire, meaning donít need to pass paper but also cannot advise clients, job scope will be more like an intern. HR said ďcanít disclose salaryĒ weeks ago, I think nobody talks about how much is because we donít know, anyone can say anything here, but the truth is I personally did not receive any update yet. The program belongs to SUPER, and their spokesman publicly announced SUPER programme trainees will receive full salary, so I highly doubt it will be $2500 until I see my offer letter

Unregistered 26-08-2020 01:42 PM

Interviewed w the ibd team and offered 2.5 also.

Unregistered 26-08-2020 01:46 PM

seems like UBS is offering 2.5k for all trainees. damn quite depressing.

Unregistered 26-08-2020 02:28 PM

ubs
 
just got my offer letter. Ibd also 2.5k. same as what the previous poster mentioned

Unregistered 26-08-2020 02:49 PM

Why the hell did I waste time applying

Unregistered 26-08-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144526)
This program is under Job support scheme not SgUnited traineeship, I think the key difference is that SGUnited traineeships allowances are capped at $2300 but JSS is fund directly given to company, UBS used this fund to have this programme. But the trainees are non-regulated hire, meaning donít need to pass paper but also cannot advise clients, job scope will be more like an intern. HR said ďcanít disclose salaryĒ weeks ago, I think nobody talks about how much is because we donít know, anyone can say anything here, but the truth is I personally did not receive any update yet. The program belongs to SUPER, and their spokesman publicly announced SUPER programme trainees will receive full salary, so I highly doubt it will be $2500 until I see my offer letter

If you are uninformed, use logic. If you are in the front office unable to advise clients = 0. Why would they pay you full salary to sit around and play with excel?

Unregistered 26-08-2020 06:31 PM

since its 2.5, will you guys accept the offer?

Unregistered 26-08-2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144548)
since its 2.5, will you guys accept the offer?

Good question :)

Unregistered 26-08-2020 06:59 PM

As a fresh grad w a FT MA job, its almost a 50% pay cut? Depends on what's important to you

Unregistered 26-08-2020 08:34 PM

Complete mockery and misrepresentation

Wonder if this helps to lower the firmís foreigner:local ratio.

Unregistered 26-08-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144488)
Recieved full time pay for GM

Can you please share what is the range of your "full time pay"?

Unregistered 26-08-2020 11:13 PM

150 people, imagine the competition to get converted to FT

Unregistered 26-08-2020 11:19 PM

The SUPER Project Manager - Financial Service Industry Academy was hired for 12k-16k...

s://.mycareersfuture.sg/job/banking-finance/super-project-manager-financial-service-industry-academy-ubs-ag-6762a749cd2d557e67cbc3dbae1ecc65?source=MCF&event= RecommendedJobJD

Unregistered 26-08-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144551)
As a fresh grad w a FT MA job, its almost a 50% pay cut? Depends on what's important to you

How much are you drawing in ur FT job? Are you part of UBS GM as well?

Unregistered 26-08-2020 11:39 PM

Received an offer of $2500 as well under the GM dept.

Unregistered 26-08-2020 11:58 PM

GM dept is Global Wealth Management?

Unregistered 27-08-2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144566)
The SUPER Project Manager - Financial Service Industry Academy was hired for 12k-16k...

s://.mycareersfuture.sg/job/banking-finance/super-project-manager-financial-service-industry-academy-ubs-ag-6762a749cd2d557e67cbc3dbae1ecc65?source=MCF&event= RecommendedJobJD

If you can't tell that this is a perm position in HR to run the academy programme, you don't deserve even a slot for a 2.5k position......... Open your eyes and read.

Unregistered 27-08-2020 12:12 AM

anyone rejecting? very awful day indeed

Unregistered 27-08-2020 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144573)
GM dept is Global Wealth Management?

Global Markets

Unregistered 27-08-2020 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144414)
Full salary, not allowance.

Your father company ah? Lol!

Unregistered 27-08-2020 12:21 AM

anyone still waiting for the official letter? any idea when do candidate have to reply?

Unregistered 27-08-2020 12:47 AM

Diff depts offer letter acceptance is probably handled by diff ppl within HR so yours should come soon! All the best. They did give offer acceptance deadline

Unregistered 27-08-2020 12:47 AM

did not give*

Unregistered 27-08-2020 01:09 AM

The ppl who accept $2.5k are probably not those you want in front office roles. How seriously can one take an IBD analyst earning $2.5k, will companies trust these ppl with m&a?

Unregistered 27-08-2020 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144577)
Global Markets

is it under GWM?

Unregistered 27-08-2020 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144587)
is it under GWM?

think it's more of sales & trading rather than WM

Unregistered 27-08-2020 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144567)
How much are you drawing in ur FT job? Are you part of UBS GM as well?

curious about this too

Unregistered 27-08-2020 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144589)
think it's more of sales & trading rather than WM

the role i interviewed for is Function: GWM Ė Markets
hence maybe I am confused.

Unregistered 27-08-2020 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144583)
The ppl who accept $2.5k are probably not those you want in front office roles. How seriously can one take an IBD analyst earning $2.5k, will companies trust these ppl with m&a?

You sound like you have no idea how this whole game works

Unregistered 27-08-2020 04:57 AM

ubs
 
Gonna be rejecting the offer. I dont think its worth it to be possibly working IBD hours for only 2.5k. while they mention its a traineeship, im sure we are expected to do normal day to day work as well, which probably involves long hours. Plus other traineeships at banks (DBS UOB) actually gives more leave days for the 1 year contract.

To me UBS is just using their prestige to attract cheap labor. Granted they might have a more comprehensive training prog in place but I doubt the knowledge is that tough to pick up in finance if you know your stuff.

Unregistered 27-08-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144583)
The ppl who accept $2.5k are probably not those you want in front office roles. How seriously can one take an IBD analyst earning $2.5k, will companies trust these ppl with m&a?

Hard truths...

Unregistered 27-08-2020 08:33 AM

For those who already hold a full-time position, will you take up the offer?

I understand the experience in GM will be extremely valuable, but the compensation package fell short of my expectation.

I initially thought it was full salary that's why I applied.

Unregistered 27-08-2020 09:01 AM

Nobody thinks it will be all worth it if eventually can convert? I mean 3 work days per week is like working half a month, $2500 for half a month is ok?

Unregistered 27-08-2020 10:06 AM

why is it 3 days a week? isn't it full-time?

Unregistered 27-08-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144551)
As a fresh grad w a FT MA job, its almost a 50% pay cut? Depends on what's important to you

what's UBS GA/MA pay for GWM?

Unregistered 27-08-2020 11:02 AM

Honestly saying guys, in a time like this and especially if you are a fresh grad just starting out, your focus shouldn't be on the salary but what kind of learning opportunity you can gain from this experience.

Chase the right skill sets, the money will follow after.

Unregistered 27-08-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144598)
Nobody thinks it will be all worth it if eventually can convert? I mean 3 work days per week is like working half a month, $2500 for half a month is ok?

It will definitely be worth it if there is conversion at the end of the program. Although the compensation is not ideal but I feel if (i) you have no/minimal prior internship experience in an IB (ii) from a non-acc/biz/fin background, its worth a shot.

Unregistered 27-08-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144605)
what's UBS GA/MA pay for GWM?

UBS gtp pays 8-10k for GWM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2