Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 03-03-2021 09:17 AM

Anyone been through this traineeship? Can share more about it? Thanks!

Unregistered 12-03-2021 08:22 AM

dont bother

For those looking to apply this year, I'd say dont't bother. Chances of converting into a full time role is almost 0. Majority of you aren't going to get licensed so will likely be relegated to worthless tasks like generating reports and data entry. Salary is also low too.

Granted the people are nice but there is a general distaste for the program by existing trainees and even their full time employees. If you want to be low cost labor for a year, then maybe this is for you

Source: am going through it now.

Unregistered 13-03-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158820)
For those looking to apply this year, I'd say dont't bother. Chances of converting into a full time role is almost 0. Majority of you aren't going to get licensed so will likely be relegated to worthless tasks like generating reports and data entry. Salary is also low too.

Granted the people are nice but there is a general distaste for the program by existing trainees and even their full time employees. If you want to be low cost labor for a year, then maybe this is for you

Sad especially when pay is just 2.5k

Unregistered 22-03-2021 09:15 AM

Agree this program is pathetic

Unregistered 22-03-2021 05:16 PM

But doesn’t it help that you’ve at least got UBS on your resume?

Unregistered 04-04-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158820)

Thanks for your post... I just completed the online tests and invited to the video interview... But I guess i won't bother continuing the application.

They posted on my careers future website, salary is indeed $2,500.
s://.mycareersfuture.gov.sg/job/banking-finance/ubs-super-2021-trainee-ubs-ag-a95cd7f56e0e3cd8fcf6a6e018ecfaa0

Is it 3 days a week? They did mention in the job post "work/study opportunity".
Do you think it is negotiable to have it as a full time job with higher salary? (I've already graduated with 2 years unrelated experience)

Unregistered 05-04-2021 10:58 AM

I got a call from the HR arranging me for an interview. After reading through this thread, I'm just gonna attend the interview with 0 hope.

Unregistered 08-04-2021 06:11 PM

Wouldn’t recommend at all

Your potential LMs might promise to convert you but that’s BS. A lot of people were lied to. Fact is that their headcount has probably already been decided. And UBS is notorious for wanting to keep that headcount minimum to reap max profits. Plus if you’re in IB, it’s full hours for 5 days a week. You show up at 730am, no proper lunch break (expected to eat at desk), and leave god knows when. $2.5k is a big joke.

Unregistered 08-04-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164703)
Your potential LMs might promise to convert you but that’s BS. A lot of people were lied to. Fact is that their headcount has probably already been decided. And UBS is notorious for wanting to keep that headcount minimum to reap max profits. Plus if you’re in IB, it’s full hours for 5 days a week. You show up at 730am, no proper lunch break (expected to eat at desk), and leave god knows when. $2.5k is a big joke.

This is probably good opportunity for the manager to hire minority candidates. Nowadays, diversity and inclusion is also part of performance rating for managers working on big companies.

Unregistered 12-04-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164703)

Completely agree.