Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179037)
Can expose more? Im enjoying this drama

highly doubt these ib/wm wannabes wish to be shamed further. the very fact that they have to step FO goes to show that they understand how difficult/prestigious it is. earn it, donít fake it. tks.

Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179038)
The perfect example of a two-faced snake in workforce. Act friendly in-front of others and stabbing others in the back. Hopefully one day youíll get stabbed too hahaha

??? please tell me you are smart enough to know that this isnít back stabbing. itís about keeping your mouth shut when you have nothing nice to say publicly. i, for one, never fail to show my disdain to ubs super trainees who have to step FO when they reach out for coffee chats. SGUT means SGUT, just accept it and work ur way up.

Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179040)
??? please tell me you are smart enough to know that this isnít back stabbing. itís about keeping your mouth shut when you have nothing nice to say publicly. i, for one, never fail to show my disdain to ubs super trainees who have to step FO when they reach out for coffee chats. SGUT means SGUT, just accept it and work ur way up.

Really simple, tell them directly? Raise the issue to the HR and management? You do understand that batches of trainees will enter constantly, donít you? Are you going to whine every time some trainees from a new batch ďstep FOĒ in their linkedin? Please tell me you are smart enough to understand this simple logic

Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179042)
Really simple, tell them directly? Raise the issue to the HR and management? You do understand that batches of trainees will enter constantly, donít you? Are you going to whine every time some trainees from a new batch ďstep FOĒ in their linkedin? Please tell me you are smart enough to understand this simple logic

which part of being politically correct and the fact that i canít be seen as anti-super do you not understand? for those who wish to learn the hard truth - just look up the linkedin profiles & browse a few pages back for anecdotes by previous super trainees. as for you, if you wish to draw a pay higher than 2.5k, stop being so shameless for the love of god.

Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179034)
faster eh mr ib/wm wannabe - so is ďINĒ a new division for UBS SGUT? LOL

still waiting btw, since you like to cherry pick on someone elseís typo.

Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179044)
which part of being politically correct and the fact that i canít be seen as anti-super do you not understand? for those who wish to learn the hard truth - just look up the linkedin profiles & browse a few pages back for anecdotes by previous super trainees. as for you, if you wish to draw a pay higher than 2.5k, stop being so shameless for the love of god.

So you came to this forum and whine? How mature are you? Take off your smiling mask and be true to yourself

Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179047)
So you came to this forum and whine? How mature are you? Take off your smiling mask and be true to yourself

not to whine, more of echoing the sentiments of others (with proof to boot).

try not to take this forum too seriously, ppl are mostly trolling and laughing at cringey and/or pathetic people (much like you and some of ur batch mates).

Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179046)
still waiting btw, since you like to cherry pick on someone elseís typo.

Definition of IN- expressing the situation of something that is or appears to be enclosed or surrounded by something else.

Search the damn dictionary you lazy bum

Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:43 PM

such logic much wow. didnít know ubs super trainees were taught to use ďINĒ like that by the academy lmao

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179015)
Whats ďAgeeeĒ? 10k earner canít even spell correctly omg. show us the linkedin of trainees putting IN/GWM please? Or even please use your real profile and provide feedback to the HR? Why are you scared to use your real profile and tell your HR? Act like a meek obedient cat in your office but turn into a tiger on salary forum?


Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179049)
not to whine, more of echoing the sentiments of others (with proof to boot).

try not to take this forum too seriously, ppl are mostly trolling and laughing at cringey and/or pathetic people (much like you and some of ur batch mates).

Why do I feel that you are the one taking it seriously though. Serious to an extent that I offered you a solution but you chose not to take up. Fine by me if you chose to remain a hypocrite but you continued to whine like a baby. This a no go

Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179053)
Why do I feel that you are the one taking it seriously though. Serious to an extent that I offered you a solution but you chose not to take up. Fine by me if you chose to remain a hypocrite but you continued to whine like a baby. This a no go

ok mr ib/wm wannabe, rofl

Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179052)
such logic much wow. didnít know ubs super trainees were taught to use ďINĒ like that by the academy lmao

I didnít know you are trained to be an English teacher too lmao

Unregistered 02-08-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179037)
Can expose more? Im enjoying this drama

I also want to know more. 2500 traineeship so bu yao lian.

Unregistered 02-08-2021 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179040)
itís about keeping your mouth shut when you have nothing nice to say publicly.

Are you even reading what you are typing before sending it out? this contradicts your entire egomaniac-like behaviour in the last 5 pages of this thread.

Unregistered 02-08-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179075)
Are you even reading what you are typing before sending it out? this contradicts your entire egomaniac-like behaviour in the last 5 pages of this thread.

Did you honestly just spend the past few hours nitpicking? Do you even know who is laughing at you? An individual from UBS? An entire desk at UBS perhaps? My point exactly.

Stick to shameless titles on linkedin. Or worry about growing your 2.5k pay check in the financial markets instead.

Unregistered 02-08-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179076)
Did you honestly just spend the past few hours nitpicking? Do you even know who is laughing at you? An individual from UBS? An entire desk at UBS perhaps? My point exactly.

Stick to shameless titles on linkedin. Or worry about growing your 2.5k pay check in the financial markets instead.

Do you even know who is laughing at you? Me? Yourself? Every single one who read this forum perhaps? Exactly. Worry about your true nature getting exposed in front of your colleagues maybe

Unregistered 02-08-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179075)
Are you even reading what you are typing before sending it out? this contradicts your entire egomaniac-like behaviour in the last 5 pages of this thread.

??? the ones who are acting like egomaniacs are shameless super trainees stepping ib/wm like yourself. just ew.

Unregistered 02-08-2021 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179080)
??? the ones who are acting like egomaniacs are shameless super trainees stepping ib/wm like yourself. just ew.

Its sad that to see how a ReAL ib/wm like yourself has so much free time to go around policing what other people have as their titles. Here's a suggestion, why not drop them a friendly message to let them know how you feel about their title? Or does your sUpErIoR tItLe prevent you from doing so?

Unregistered 02-08-2021 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179076)
Did you honestly just spend the past few hours nitpicking? Do you even know who is laughing at you? An individual from UBS? An entire desk at UBS perhaps? My point exactly.

Stick to shameless titles on linkedin. Or worry about growing your 2.5k pay check in the financial markets instead.

i feel that somewhere somehow someone must have hurt you real bad to make you feel like you need to be defined by the amount of money you make.. honestly hope you feel better knowing that you are doing what you do rn

Unregistered 02-08-2021 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179079)
Do you even know who is laughing at you? Me? Yourself? Every single one who read this forum perhaps? Exactly. Worry about your true nature getting exposed in front of your colleagues maybe

By colleagues you mean HR and SUPER trainees? The rest of us honestly cba with you. Do yourself a favour and read the anecdotes written here by your seniors. The only one hurt is you. Frankly, I expect more from a few hours of nitpicking.

Unregistered 02-08-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179088)
By colleagues you mean HR and SUPER trainees? The rest of us honestly cba with you. Do yourself a favour and read the anecdotes written here by your seniors. The only one hurt is you. Frankly, I expect more from a few hours of nitpicking.

I would have expected you to be more efficient than taking a few hours to read through a few pages of comments.. or is that not an accurate measure of your capabilities?

Unregistered 02-08-2021 10:45 PM

Aiya yall dont need to argue so much. Just read below and you will understand why some of these SGUTs need to inflate their titles to make themselves that bit better

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165814)
I'm from the 2020 batch going to end my traineeship in a few months time.

You're right on the conversion, my manager just told me up front they do not intend on converting. The traineeship covers their semester long intern requisition they do twice a year, and they don't convert those either.

The program isn't really well planned, no orientation, no proper roles planned etc. It's like you're there to cover whatever work the associates and managers can't do, so you'll really get quite a range of work to do from diff managers. Most of them are very menial like data cleaning, checking etc, so there's not much learning value to it.

And somehow i get the feeling that the full timers there kind of look down on us, like they will keep saying things like, aiya why u got traineeship, never work hard enough and so on, so its kinda quite toxic there.

Some of my friends and I wanted to quit a few weeks in but realized we have no where to go. Hais.


Unregistered 02-08-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158820)
For those looking to apply this year, I'd say dont't bother. Chances of converting into a full time role is almost 0. Majority of you aren't going to get licensed so will likely be relegated to worthless tasks like generating reports and data entry. Salary is also low too.

Granted the people are nice but there is a general distaste for the program by existing trainees and even their full time employees. If you want to be low cost labor for a year, then maybe this is for you

Source: am going through it now.

The truth.

Unregistered 02-08-2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165831)
That is pretty much the same case as banks all seek to minimize costs. Cutting back infrastructure support, manpower resources, rather stick to the archaic system of doing things than to embrace tech, etc.

in all honesty, which other Bank offers this kinda programme with such a low barrier to entry?
As far as I remember, the (real) aim of this programme was for UBS to "give back" to SG, since back in 2020 employment demand virtually hit rock bottom due to COVID19. More like UBS was/is trying to gain brownie points w/ the govt. And i quote from the official press release
"...... equip trainees with skills and experiences that would be valuable as Singapore's recovery phase begins following the Covid-19 pandemic.
The initiative is aligned with the workforce development priorities of the Monetary Authority of Singapore, it added."

Most of the replies here were basically suggesting the trainees treated like cheap labour, underpaid and not being able to be work on "exciting" tasks, second-class employees, etc.
With all due respect, for all of the above anyone with a quarter of a brain could see this coming from a mile.

I am working in a Bank as well, and have been in the banking industry coming 8 years. My post is not to put anyone in this programme down but rather, to highlight to you the reality v.s. expectations. It's not wrong to have expectations - i.e. the possibility of conversion but you need to weigh your options carefully. Always be on a look out for other better job prospects man..

Truth part 2

Unregistered 02-08-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178953)
Ha, just caught you out. UBS has raised their IB analyst pool worldwide a while ago.

A SGUT trainee will always be a SGUT trainee. There is a reason why UBS still conducts their GTP program every year. Think about it, won't it benefit UBS to pay 2.5k for SGUT trainees instead of paying proper full-time salaries to their GTP graduates? UBS clearly sees that the people applying for SGUT as lacking and that is why they continued on with their GTP program.

When you pay peanuts, you're just gonna get monkeys. Glad UBS sees the same.

Truth part 3

Unregistered 02-08-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179088)
By colleagues you mean HR and SUPER trainees? The rest of us honestly cba with you. Do yourself a favour and read the anecdotes written here by your seniors. The only one hurt is you. Frankly, I expect more from a few hours of nitpicking.

Bold of you to assume that they are the same person lol. Your poise of superiority disgusted me. I am from a different bank and I am relieved that I accepted another bank instead of UBS. Place full of toxicity

Unregistered 02-08-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178974)
I'm not from the GTP program but I have friends within the GTP program. I work for another bank, we talk amongst ourselves between the different banks' comps. Of course the increase is lower in APAC, the IB fees are lower here. Any idea what the typical fee here in SEA is?

It's funny that you say "in fact" when you have not even substantiated your claim that I don't know my stuff. I have only asked for additional clarity about people making the jump from SGUT to the full-time IB team and this is through the form of the Linkedin profile of the said individual. It's easy to do such a search, there is less than 10 analysts within UBS' IB team - guaranteed. Your sharing of that said individual's profile would put any doubts to rest.

You, on the other hand, what have you done? You have deviated from the point of the question and you're just creating smokescreens but the fact of the matter remains - show me evidence of an SGUT trainee making the jump into the full-time or GTP program.

Truth part 4

Unregistered 02-08-2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179103)
Truth part 3

Are you dumb? You are merely referencing the previous posts, pls stop this stupid act.

Unregistered 03-08-2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179106)
Are you dumb? You are merely referencing the previous posts, pls stop this stupid act.

Bumping them up to see if any SGUT trainees could provide any hard evidence to disprove these claims. I know for a fact (yes, i'm calling it now) that no one can disprove these claims and let me enphasis again - only hard, pictorial evidence accepted.

Unregistered 03-08-2021 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179110)
Bumping them up to see if any SGUT trainees could provide any hard evidence to disprove these claims. I know for a fact (yes, i'm calling it now) that no one can disprove these claims and let me enphasis again - only hard, pictorial evidence accepted.

Emphasise*, not gonna let anyone of these SGUT jump in (and attack a misspelling) and attack the integrity of my challenge.

Unregistered 03-08-2021 12:42 AM

Lmao, SGUT trainees going to bed before 12 midnight? No wonder they're 3 days a week part-timers.

Unregistered 03-08-2021 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179113)
Lmao, SGUT trainees going to bed before 12 midnight? No wonder they're 3 days a week part-timers.

go to bed la 0530 reveille then 5BX liao

Unregistered 03-08-2021 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179115)
go to bed la 0530 reveille then 5BX liao

Not an NSF. Wouldn't be staying up at this hour if i was one.

Unregistered 03-08-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179110)
Bumping them up to see if any SGUT trainees could provide any hard evidence to disprove these claims. I know for a fact (yes, i'm calling it now) that no one can disprove these claims and let me enphasis again - only hard, pictorial evidence accepted.

you're making a fool of yourself if you think referencing some anonymous posts is going to help your creditability. Likewise, I could reference the post about the SUPER getting converted into IB. Is this what they teach you in aNoThEr BaNk?

Unregistered 03-08-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179039)
highly doubt these ib/wm wannabes wish to be shamed further. the very fact that they have to step FO goes to show that they understand how difficult/prestigious it is. earn it, donít fake it. tks.

This. Earn it, donít fake it la SGUT.

Unregistered 03-08-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179097)
Aiya yall dont need to argue so much. Just read below and you will understand why some of these SGUTs need to inflate their titles to make themselves that bit better

Did you just quote an anonymous claim to back up the "truth"? you rly gone fk ggwp

Unregistered 03-08-2021 12:30 PM

Do yall know why those self-proclaimed ďlegit IB/WMĒ so quiet today? Hearsay they got some punishment today...

Unregistered 03-08-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179137)
Do yall know why those self-proclaimed ďlegit IB/WMĒ so quiet today? Hearsay they got some punishment today...

Let it go la SGUT. Already earning peanuts still so childish.

Unregistered 03-08-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179137)
Do yall know why those self-proclaimed ďlegit IB/WMĒ so quiet today? Hearsay they got some punishment today...

Itís a bit harsh to use the word punishment. More of some lecturing

Unregistered 03-08-2021 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179143)
Itís a bit harsh to use the word punishment. More of some lecturing

So pathetic meh, have to reply yourself? why not spend the time inflating your title even more? put VP of IB, Head of Family Office sua. this program rly ruin the image of ubs


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2