Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UBS Financial Services Industry Academy (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12967-ubs-financial-services-industry-academy.html)

Unregistered 28-08-2020 08:11 AM

Anyone accepting offer?

Unregistered 28-08-2020 02:14 PM

most ppl here are split i think, since most were expecting FT pay. defo will have some accepting but the rejecting one will be more outspoken. Just my thoughts based on posts

Unregistered 28-08-2020 09:15 PM

To the self entitled graduates lurking in this thread, just my 2c.

Look at the big picture. 2.5 for 3 days a week isn't great but it isn't bad either.
Go in learn the skills and network.
If you end up getting retained, that's fantastic.
Else, use the prestige to secure another job outside.

Unregistered 30-08-2020 09:40 AM

If y’all are working just 3 days, 2.5k ain’t all that bad tbf

Unregistered 30-08-2020 11:52 AM

Should be ok if we are allowed to moonlight to supplement income.

Unregistered 30-08-2020 01:45 PM

Well i feel that it will be worth for those working in the front-office. If you're confident in your abilities just stick with the 12 months and you will most likely get converted full time at the end. For those in the backend office, might not be that worth as the FT pay is not as high as front office and i'm sure it will be much more competitive since back-end jobs does not requires high level of skills and can be easily replaced

Unregistered 31-08-2020 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144726)
Well i feel that it will be worth for those working in the front-office. If you're confident in your abilities just stick with the 12 months and you will most likely get converted full time at the end. For those in the backend office, might not be that worth as the FT pay is not as high as front office and i'm sure it will be much more competitive since back-end jobs does not requires high level of skills and can be easily replaced

I have accepted mine! Operations.. heard from my friend that it isn’t the best place to be in so I will just continue while searching for new jobs.. and you are right it is very competitive at that level..

Unregistered 31-08-2020 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144768)
I have accepted mine! Operations.. heard from my friend that it isn’t the best place to be in so I will just continue while searching for new jobs.. and you are right it is very competitive at that level..

same here at operations!

Unregistered 31-08-2020 04:41 AM

ubs

Hi all, just a heads up for those thinking of conversion. I did talk to HR for a bit about the possibilities and they were quite honest and open. HR did mention a fast tracked interview process if we do perform well but no official plans to convert trainees are in place at the end of the program. Like what the name suggest, its to help us get skills to tide over the covid period so we can find jobs next year.

Hope you guys take this into consideration. See you all if you are accepting

Unregistered 31-08-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144621)
UBS gtp pays 8-10k for GWM

What a bunch of ******** haha. Everyone knows they pay 5.5 for GWM