Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Cybersecurity/Info security career (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12897-cybersecurity-info-security-career.html)

Unregistered 27-04-2021 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166611)
Agree .

I work in SOC before and i can said big 4 have better exit options .

What about R&D? Is it a good place to kickstart a career in cybersecurity?

Unregistered 27-04-2021 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166709)
What about R&D? Is it a good place to kickstart a career in cybersecurity?

Data scientist ?

I feel consultant better .

can know more customer and have opportunities .

Unregistered 27-04-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166719)
Data scientist ?

I feel consultant better .

can know more customer and have opportunities .

R&D Engineer! I've tried Security Consulting before at N** though.. Don't really enjoy the nature of the work. xD

Unregistered 28-04-2021 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166729)
R&D Engineer! I've tried Security Consulting before at N** though.. Don't really enjoy the nature of the work. xD

N T T is hell place ...

Unregistered 01-05-2021 11:29 PM

Been reading posts from other threads saying how Big 4 isn't as prestigious as it used to be/not the best place to be at for fresh grads etc.....

How true is this in the cybersecurity space? is it the best place to be at to start a career in cybersecurity?

Unregistered 02-05-2021 10:41 AM

i think it is eziler to get in to big4 freshgrad as some of the hiring manager hire base on your attitude.

Some of the other consulting firm will be harder to get in as they expect you to already have some basic hand on cert or you can break some of the VM boxes which they prepare for you during the tech test

Unregistered 02-05-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167306)
Been reading posts from other threads saying how Big 4 isn't as prestigious as it used to be/not the best place to be at for fresh grads etc.....

How true is this in the cybersecurity space? is it the best place to be at to start a career in cybersecurity?

easier to get in but do note that stuff which require certifications, you would not be able to do.

Unregistered 02-05-2021 09:29 PM

that why a lot of people in big 4 got no cert. do nothing get high pay

Unregistered 04-05-2021 03:16 PM

5 years in the industry and currently doing Security Operations as a threat analyst. I’m thinking of jumping into security governance, compliance and risk line. Would that be too big of a jump? Have CISSP and taking CRISC next.

Unregistered 06-05-2021 12:55 PM

How much can a fresh grad with OSCP (working towards crest) and CTF experience expect to make in a consultancy? Looking at different roles like pen testing & threat hunting.